Tom (125)
43.55%
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Why do they always seem so normal on You're Fired? They're in the task and boardroom, and they're nearly all *****y, trying to rip each other up, cold heartless business(wo)men ... then they're fired and, a few months down the line, having a laugh and a joke. "Yeah, that guy I tore a new anus into and tried to get fired? He was all right really!"
Because they have no competition after they've been fired. Obviously I've never been in situation such as The Apprentice but imagine having 7/8 other people (in your team) that you've got to show you're better than whilst also trying to work with. It's must be a nightmare. That's when the gloves come off (except for Edna) and you just have to roll with the punches (:facepalm:).
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dudleyian)
Why is Edna even on the show? "I work in HR" ooh wow, what does that involve, filing away everyone's holiday request forms and booking the DJ for the Christmas party? Hardly business acumen is it, and it showed.

They lost because that magazine guy played the ridiculous "racial discrimination" card, typical miserable politically-correct left-wing sod lol. People were more interested in the guy's app which was much better (though admittedly not as popular abroad probably) as demonstrated by better downloads at the actual event.

Was obvious who was going to win; they always make it look as if one team will obviously win and the other team always does; and then when they read out the results the team that wins is always read out second lol, was soo obvious the girls were going to win when the first 3 hour figures or whatever favoured the boys; stupid BBC editing lol.
The boys' app was better in almost every way - "Ampi Apps" is a horrendous name. However, they didn't realise the meaning of the word "global". It would have been very easy for them to add some more foreign accents - French, Russian, German and hey presto, worldwide entertaining app. The whole racial stereotypes speech annoyed me so much, it's called humour ffs! There's a difference between derogatory stereotype and cultural identity - like wearing a cork hat or being associated with sheep. Not offensive.
BeccaCath94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by laura-rad)
I want him to make a reappearance in this series!
Hahaha yep

I want Jim to win or Tom
kilf92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I still think Ed should been in it just for the answer"I dont fit the mould" when asked if he was taught at a top uk accountancy firm haha still makes me laugh!!!
bestofyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kilf92)
I still think Ed should been in it just for the answer"I dont fit the mould" when asked if he was taught at a top uk accountancy firm haha still makes me laugh!!!
lol, I wanted to punch him in the face the whole way through, glad he go fired.

Though the team leader of the girls that night (can't mind the name) was even more annoying...'I was trained by Al Gore, and personally tutored by the Dalai Lama".....gfto.lol
Dission
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Leon has been very unlucky these two weeks ending up in the boardroom. I'd say that despite that he is going to go all the way, I can see a final between Jim and Leon.
chisletts
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
all the girls look plastic, not really offering much... jim looks like a fighter, vincent will go quickly, tom is a difficult one to call as a task will either suit him perfectly or go badly for him... he would also be the biggest risk to go into business with but as he is an inventor may have the best ideas potentially...
holmes221
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is this the first time they have had an oriental asian contestant just I've never seen chinese people on the UK apprentice before?
naza911
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by edward_wells90)
I don't see what you're talking about, maybe you're right to some extent but it is far from noticeable. Today's episode was pretty good. I would never have predicted Ampi Amp was going to win.

Agreed. I would have been okay with her if she was good at her supposed profession, but as a psychologist she would know how to lead people and how to talk to people, but she comes across terribly as a leader, losing my respect for her.
Hmmm, dont know a few people have noticed it though. Im not a film critic or anything but i really did notice it.
I have to say though they have made the apprentice more entertaining, with all the *****ing and crazy characters.
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by surina_xxx)
Didn't watch it today! but Glenn <3
Pfft I thought you was a dedicated watcher! Well he came up with a decent idea, but they lost and they all kind of blamed him for coming up with an idea that wasn't "global" when they knew they were aiming/selling to a global market. He ended up in the boardroom at the end but was lucky. He's going soon though!
kilf92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bestofyou)
lol, I wanted to punch him in the face the whole way through, glad he go fired.

Though the team leader of the girls that night (can't mind the name) was even more annoying...'I was trained by Al Gore, and personally tutored by the Dalai Lama".....gfto.lol
Haha yeah he is a joke tbf loland yeah i hate her aswell as edna she is soo arrogant!!!
bestofyou
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kilf92)
Haha yeah he is a joke tbf loland yeah i hate her aswell as edna she is soo arrogant!!!
Im not sure who that is, I'm still getting used to the names :cry2:.

Spoiler:
Show
Jim FTW though.haha
kilf92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bestofyou)
Im not sure who that is, I'm still getting used to the names :cry2:.

Spoiler:
Show
Jim FTW though.haha
Woman who done the ladies presentation yesterday!!

Ha classic jim talking his way out of the board room
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Edna looked like such a douchebag wearing those gloves at the presentation :lolwut:
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The girls are really bad this year. I can only name Susan, Edna and Melody and none are particularly proficient and the others even less so. I'm surprised by how bad they are. Usually it's a fair mix between the sexes. However, this might just be because we don't know them well enough. If they're in the boardroom next week I'm sure some forerunners will become clear

Edna's presentation was awful! I was cringing in my seat! I can't believe how anyone could think that that's ok! The boy's on the other hand was awesome. Shame the race card got pulled on them otherwise they definitely would have had it even though they had a less 'global' brand.
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By the way, did any of you think Leon looked really good looking here? Or am I the only weirdo...
Attached files
daeonica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
By the way, did any of you think Leon looked really good looking here? Or am I the only weirdo...
I like him there! Apart from the lip-biting bit.
Lauren27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im so glad Leon didnt go he is hot!
S_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by daeonica)
I like him there! Apart from the lip-biting bit.
Yeah, the lip biting was a lot cuter in the programme because he was doing it out of worry - in the still it just looks pervy lol :p:
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lonely14)
Melody with her fake accent. Trying too hard to hide her freshie accent. :nothing:

The Chinese girl Susan is :sexface:
I agree that Melody's accent is annoying, but you'd have to be pretty retarded to simply equate her with trying to hide a "freshie" accent just b/c she is Asian :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise