Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumiT)
    I said that as a joke as someone, who in her eyes is not british, sitting next to her would most likely rub her up the wrong way.
    Yah I got the joke, I was thinking in terms of if I really was in the situation what would I do lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RunDMC)
    Look at the tram as well, She even looks like the one of only a few whites on there, Blair's forced immigration system You can't force different races to live together and expect just peace and harmony.

Let me summarize:

1. The woman was voicing concerns about immigration in a belligerent manner.
    2. The tram was full and her kid had no other place to sit other than her lap.
    3. She is not mentally unstable, drunk or on drugs. she is upset. people express emotions differently and find it hard to articulate words sometimes when filled with rage.
    4. Multiculturalism is fail (Anyone who says otherwise is a deluded idiot and doesn't deserve a response). Immigration brings cheap labour which corporations love, Which leaves a working class unemployment rate.
    5. If you are going to move to another country as an immigrant the least you can do is assimilate. Muslims, as an example, do NOT assimilate and try to force their culture into the existing cultural fabric, thereby pissing off the public. France being a prime example of this.
    6. The majority of her rant was about immigration, This isn't racist.
    7. It is free speech until you incite physical harm against a person. this woman made no threats of violence. saying "lets kill these blacks" would have been a racist crime. "get out of my country you blacks" is just disparaging and hurtful. Not illegal.
    8. Anybody who says this woman should get smacked, hit, beat, or arrested is illogical and uneducated. she was belligerent and loud and voicing an opinion millions of Americans and English folks share. the only "crime" was "disturbing the peace".
    9. This woman has a thick English accent. This does not make her uneducated. It makes her very English and further emphasizes her patriotism and perhaps help you understand her fury.
    10. The black woman, when told by the white woman she wasn't from England did infact claim "Yes I HAM!". She was likely very hungry, Thus most likely not from England.
    First time i've ever seen someone delude themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    if ther are so few europeans in africa why are there so many africans in europe?
    Oh wow,you are not serious, i just can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffles)
    Dislike the truth? A liberal would.

ReputationRep:
    Ironic an English person complaining about people invading their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    I think the idea was that the tories who were supposed to be ones to 'clamp down' on immigration, i.e. something towards less than 50,000 a year which most British people would support (I think).

I'm however against the idea of immigration controls and believe in the world becoming more globalised. I believe its humanities destiny to become mixed raced, a beige colour, and maybe that in itself will eliminate borders and identities will blur, not in our lifetime of course, but hopefully some point.
    They can't clamp down on it. After all, a non-EU national could simply migrate to Holland/Germany/Italy etc. - become naturalized there (i.e. become an EU national) and then move to the UK.

It is funny seeing the Tories squirm - on the one hand alot of their funding derives from multinational corporations - who favour open labour markets to source talent easily, and yet alot of their electoral base is composed of inward looking middle-aged white people from the rural regions with an insurmountable fear of peoples outside the UK.

It's a difficult marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Increase in gang rapes?

You are aware that we have whores here, right? (hence the lack of need to gang rape). You can organize a gangbang in De Wallen (the red light district) if you want.

The native Dutch women don't feel too unsafe. I invite one round to my house on a regular basis. I also shared a lift with one half an hour ago. She didn't crap herself.

i'm not saying you or most other non white dutch are rapists or bad people. i am simply saying that there is a problem with minority violence and rape in major european cities.

and its not a white v non white issue either. not all ethnic groups can be lumped into the 'non white' category as if they were the same. in london, over 50% of street crime is committed by blacks-- not chinese, indians, etc-- even though they make up just over 10% of the population.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't happen, Like I said ethnics can't be racist towards whites.
    Of course they can. If I racially abuse a white male in public then I am liable to arrest. If a video recording is taken and it is proven that I have used racially offensive language then I would be prosecuted. Surely it is obvious? Do not try to pretend that there is a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goon14)
    Oh wow,you are not serious, i just can't.
    i'm serious. why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taivaallinen)
    No, nationality and ethnicity are the same thing.
    No they're not. Race/ethnicity is one thing. Nationality is another. Perhaps it's because you don't know this that you make some of the fundamental mistakes you're making?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Ironic an English person complaining about people invading their country.
    White guilt lololol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    You are in denial if you think immigration is not one of the top priorities of the public. ICM public opinion polls showed 3 out of 4 voters had immigration as their number one priority in 2010 general election.

Conservative manifesto had a pretty sensible approach to cutting immigration to early 1990 levels. That is yet to be implemented though.

Concern about mass immigration and multiculturalism does not equate to deporting the entire immigrant population silly.
    UKIP do not have any proposals to deport anyone apart from convicted foreign criminals. There is no way that UKIP entertain 'deporting the entire immigrant population'.

The Conservatives are not really in a position to cut migration to those levels unless they can create a situation where the UK economy performs substantially worse than those of France, Holland, Belgium and Germany.

Maybe for these voters immigration mysteriously becomes less of priority just before they cast their vote?

ReputationRep:
    1. You don't need to be a UAF supporter or a liberal to accept people of all ethnicities.

2. "Freedom of speech" doesn't exist - you cannot shout racist abuse like this woman did without consequences

3. There are ways and means of appropriately expressing your opinions and concerns over immigration and all other governmental policies without swearing and telling people to "go back to their country"

4. I would be very surprised if any of us were 100% British, our cultures have mixed together from the foods we eat to the TV we watch to the way we dress. Genetically we are a mix of different nationalities as well.

5. Disguising your hateful "woe is me" comments as freedom of speech really is pathetic. Racism occurs across all of society; some people get away with it, some people don't. Just because that happens doesn't make it acceptable. Surely your mother/father taught you that two wrongs don't make a right?

You're highly deluded, and it seems lots of people think so too. If you think women like her can run riot the country really is going to the dogs.

ReputationRep:
    Dislike logic? An idiot would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    UKIP do not have any proposals to deport anyone apart from convicted foreign criminals. There is no way that UKIP entertain 'deporting the entire immigrant population'.

The Conservatives are not really in a position to cut migration to those levels unless they can create a situation where the UK economy performs substantially worse than those of France, Holland, Belgium and Germany.

Maybe for these voters immigration mysteriously becomes less of priority just before they cast their vote?
    Cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    I find it slightly alarming that you sound as if you'd enjoy the latter. :rolleyes:
    It is all hypothetical, since both of those situations are highly unlikely to happen. That is the point I am trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    See the above for a classic and very telling contradiction in your typically repressed/apologetic white middle class sheep :rolleyes: Realtalk
    :confused: Sheep yourself.

That's not a contradiction. I think racist thoughts do disappear when you get used to people, if not completely then significantly enough to make it irrelevant, and I also think that that process occurs in the mind as well as out loud.

And surprisingly enough I am white middle class. Where I grew up there wasn't a black person in the surrounding ten mile radius, so forgive me if I don't charge in full of unfounded opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
    2. "Freedom of speech" doesn't exist - you cannot shout racist abuse like this woman did without consequences
    I'll second this. If the woman was simply exercising "freedom of speech" like runDMC said, then someone in the car could have laid into her about all kinds of stuff to do with the way she looks and sounds and holds herself, thinly disguising it as "freedom of speech". Only to be nicked shortly afterwards.

Freedom of Speech is a myth. And the concept of it is a very dangerous thing.

Any kind of freedom on this planet only exists within the framework of restriction that it operates in. Which is, ironically the very same reason that it can exist.

In other words, when we refer to "freedom" it's only ever restricted freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taivaallinen)
    Well, I'm not Scottish.

No, Scottish people can only be Christian.
    Where is the law which specifies this? Presumably they are only allowed to be Presbyterians or Roman Catholics though? No Copts or Orthodox Christians allowed? How does it work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffles)
    Deluding oneself with semi logical rhetoric and half truths is the prime requisite I would have thought for your average right wing bigot. They use it to justify their hate, you see.
    A perfect example being the original video.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.