Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, that's good! What did you think of the difficulty in comparison ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I thought this one was harder generally. Are you doing A-level maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here is a link to my solutions

http://db.tt/DhVkwlxL

Here is a link to my revision list for the calculator paper

2H June 2013 revision list

Hope it is useful
    Thanks for this do you by any chance have a copy of the second paper? A mark scheme has been put up but without the questions thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any unofficial grade boundaries? I really would like to see one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red John)
    Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? I really would like to see one
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1568&x=18&y=15

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake. Look again at my post

I think I got 69 and 88 on paper 1 and 2 which is around 157... Is there any possibility that the a* boundary can drop into the end 50's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully they do but, doubt it...

ReputationRep:
    I got roughly about 169 - 175 does anyone think that I will get an A* with these marks, Im just saying this in case the grade boundaries increase or something, since the second paper was much easier in comparison to the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FVPereira)
    I got roughly about 169 - 175 does anyone think that I will get an A* with these marks, Im just saying this in case the grade boundaries increase or something, since the second paper was much easier in comparison to the first one?
    Guaranteed A* well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    163 A* and 129 A .........

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    I think I got 69 and 88 on paper 1 and 2 which is around 157... Is there any possibility that the a* boundary can drop into the end 50's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely a possibility! Keep your fingers crossed!

The simultaneous equation at the end was absolutely awful. Luckily I'm resitting Unit 3 on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Will like 140 plus secure an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    163 A* and 129 A .........

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was this a guess, or do you know for sure? Do you know if it is published any where, or will we only know on the 21st of August?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FVPereira)
    Was this a guess, or do you know for sure? Do you know if it is published any where, or will we only know on the 21st of August?
    That's a guess, it just looks like he added 1 to the A boundary of last June which was 128 and he says it will be 129 for an A

ReputationRep:
    I did foundation last march and got 143 marks which is 4 marks of a C. Because of this i retook foundation last week. Now my question is, if for example you got 70 marks on the calculator paper this month and got 75 on it last time will they take the best paper mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davinio)
    I did foundation last march and got 143 marks which is 4 marks of a C. Because of this i retook foundation last week. Now my question is, if for example you got 70 marks on the calculator paper this month and got 75 on it last time will they take the best paper mark?
    Nope! It's a different series, and onły raw marks are used, so they will take the marks you got from this series, as no UMS are involved. However, if you retake the paper, they give you the highest grade you've achieved: so let's say in November you got a C, but in June you got a D, you'd get the C. However, if you got 75/100 in the calculator and 53 in the non calculator in the November, but then 70/100 in the calculator in June and 63/100 in the non-calculator, they wouldn't take the highest mark you got for each paper, they'd take the highest mark you got altogether. I hope that is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're my predictions, please don't take them to be 100% reliable ... Edexcel are normally consistent with June maths boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Nope! It's a different series, and onły raw marks are used, so they will take the marks you got from this series, as no UMS are involved. However, if you retake the paper, they give you the highest grade you've achieved: so let's say in November you got a C, but in June you got a D, you'd get the C. However, if you got 75/100 in the calculator and 53 in the non calculator in the November, but then 70/100 in the calculator in June and 63/100 in the non-calculator, they wouldn't take the highest mark you got for each paper, they'd take the highest mark you got altogether. I hope that is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks yh it is

ReputationRep:
    Is there a solutions PDF yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.