Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I just can't believe I forgot what inversely proportional meant :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That's going to haunt me forever. 9 marks down the drain.

:banghead:
    I did the same . Hopefully we pick up a method mark here or there. I'm sure we'll get a few for attempting to seperate the variables etc.

Sorry no I misread it ... Ignore this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    In the region of 65-69/72 I think (and hope) - but I'll be happy as long as I get an A (80/100 UMS) - you?
    I think I have lost between 3-10 marks. This is me being hopeful. I just hope that I will have enough to get an A* overall in maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    would you lose marks for leaving ur intergrated answer in terms of u, I got the right answer as most people but I just didn't sub back what u was? I hope they aren't that harsh :L
    yh for q6 ) i didnt change it to terms of x , because the intergral had no limits so i thought theres no point really, if i lose marks for this ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JASApplications)
    It does. 2.7^2/3 = 1.94 and 4.86^2/3 = 2.87
    Yes but (a +b)^n is not the same as a^n +b^n

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydBarry)
    Really struggled, it was so difficult! Everyone seems to be finding it okay gah
    The student room finding it ok is different to how the rest of the population found it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePreedy)
    I think that this would be okay because the question never specified what type of numbers "a" and "b" needed to be (i.e. rational, integer etc.) when in the form a ln(b).
    If they were picky, they could certainly say rational only. Because ln(root3) isn't exacly nice is it? It's much nicer as 0.5ln3. Remember, people used to have logarithm tables to do conplex calculations before calculators so ln (root 3) would probably not have been on the list!

(Original post by JimmyA*)
    I did the same . Hopefully we pick up a method mark here or there. I'm sure we'll get a few for attempting to seperate the variables etc.
    Yeah ... I put -k instead of 1/k ... sigh.

I just didn't know what it meant

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me that thought it seemed kinda similar to soloman papers? The questions just seemed kinda that way....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strikerextreme)
    yh for q6 ) i didnt change it to terms of x , because the intergral had no limits so i thought theres no point really, if i lose marks for this ..
    I don't think we'll lose marks for it, if we do that's very harsh.

ReputationRep:
    The student room finding it ok is different to how the rest of the population found it
    true

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ... I put -k instead of 1/k ... sigh.

I just didn't know what it meant
    I just looked at it completely not understanding and just worked it out as if it was proportional :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Just when you think an exam went well, you come on TSR and think ohhh ****......

this exam was quite tricky lots of places to mess up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strikerextreme)
    Did the question say you have to?
    If it didn't I think you'll be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the things I did wrong:

-Forgot cos x = 0. I am an idiot.
    -Didn't integrate tan2x properly. I am thick.
    -Didn't know what inversely proportional meant. I really am thick.
    -That means I got the whole of q8 wrong.
    -Worked out the obtuse instead of acute angle, therefore I got the volume wrong.
    -I don't think I got t=1 .... Sigh.
    -That means I got q9 all wrong. More marks down the drain.
    -Couldn't understand number 10 at all. No marks there.

Yeah. I really am beating myself up about this ... I need an A in maths to get into uni!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how they worked out x=0.1 for q10? I just guessed 0.1 and it gave me the correct fraction lol

ReputationRep:
    im just so shocked that t=1 not -1. how did i mess up such a basic question (((((

ReputationRep:
    All the things I did wrong:

-Worked out the obtuse instead of acute angle, therefore I got the volume wrong.

Yeah. I really am beating myself up about this ... I need an A in maths to get into uni!!!!!!!
    sin(171) = sin(9)
    or whatever the values were, they are equal so if you did the rest right your volume should be fine. I left it as 171 as well....

I just looked at it completely not understanding and just worked it out as if it was proportional :mad:
    :console: I just couldn't remember what it meant ... I thought it might have meant k was a minus ... how stupid.
    What you did was probably better than what I did. We obviously both did it wrong, but mine was doubly wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Just when you think an exam went well, you come on TSR and think ohhh ****......

this exam was quite tricky lots of places to mess up
    which questions did you find hard jiraiya ?

i was thrown off by q10)

i think those kind of expansion questions come in aqa past papers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.