Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Right-wing factions seeking to run debate on TSR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kibalchich)
    If you want to use the word fascist as a synonym for authoratarian, then yes. However, this then makes the term meaningless as a political descriptor.

Many political systems are authoratarian, this does not make them fascist.
    Well it depends on the definition you use really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    its not a natural right. Unless you believe in the 'right' to steal.
    Legal right.

I did say legal right didn't I?

ReputationRep:
    its not a natural right. Unless you believe in the 'right' to steal.
    are you a freewibbler on the land as well mr Dave of the family Chef ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    Okay.

The BCS records all recorded instances of crime.

As you correctly state, not all crime is reported or known about, the 'dark figure' as it's known.

Nevertheless, policy, public opinion, legislation all have to be based on something.

The best possible source of information is the collection of available statistics...

...not your mother. Or your auntie or your uncle.
    To be honest, all statistics you read are outdated the second theyre recorded.

Study Economics, its an evaluation point for every single statistic.

The point still stands though, you base your argument off ever outdated statistics, i base mine off real life. Just looking at one side of my family, the ones who dont work and have Range Rovers etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Well it depends on the definition you use really
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kibalchich)
    In what way?
    The definition of fascism has been heavily debated

You have the Italian fascism and fascism seen in other countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    The definition of fascism has been heavily debated

You have the Italian fascism and fascism seen in other countries
    Yes, there are different interpretations and different manifestations of fascism. None of them include Mao and Stalin afaik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    To be honest, all statistics you read are outdated the second theyre recorded.

Study Economics, its an evaluation point for every single statistic.

The point still stands though, you base your argument off ever outdated statistics, i base mine off real life. Just looking at one side of my family, the ones who dont work and have Range Rovers etc..
    We're going round in circles.

Even if national statistics are outdated. Even if they're years outdated and someone has spilled coffee over them so you can't quite make out a page or 2.

They're still more reliable than YOUR personal experiences.

Don't take my word for it. Try to get a loan at a bank using only the kind words of your relatives instead of your credit rating.

(Even if you've successfully disguised the odd shortfall)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    ? I don't see that. Does the software give more weight to one's own threads on the Most Popular list or something?

All of your threads have been deemed to be Silly, at least for the foreseeable future.
    Don't be so condescending please

Dj1015 had no problem finding the thread!

I don't think so- I was looking at the UK politics threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    are you a freewibbler on the land as well mr Dave of the family Chef ?
    What's a freewibbler on the land?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)

Oh no. :no: You need to click the TSR logo and then click on the Most Popular Threads on TSR tab. This is the most popular thread on the WHOLE OF TSR not just the absurdly minor UK Politics forum.

ReputationRep:
    Legal right.

I did say legal right didn't I?
    So you agree that you don't posess a natural right to bang on my front door at 3am demanding bandages and elastoplast?

It's a start I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)

which account did i find it on?

ReputationRep:
    We're going round in circles.

Even if national statistics are outdated. Even if they're years outdated and someone has spilled coffee over them so you can't quite make out a page or 2.

They're still more reliable than YOUR personal experiences.

Don't take my word for it. Try to get a loan at a bank using only the kind words of your relatives instead of your credit rating.

(Even if you've successfully disguised the odd shortfall)
    You just related the number of fraudulent claimants to someones credit rating.. Meh, perhaps they are more reliable than personal experiences, however, not reliable enough to constitute a real argument against benefit cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Don't underestimate the political importance of students. We are a huge potential force for change in society. That's why the authorities try to come down on us so harshly when we protest, as in the student protests against tuition fees. It is actually highly likely that efforts are underway from the political right to control this site.
    I don't know about the political right muscling in on this site en masse, but student opinion and action is definitely important. In recent history and even further back, students (or the up and coming generations) have played huge roles in change.

There's also clearly unnecessary force being used far more frequently against students and protesters in general:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    which account did i find it on?
    Maybe are really Fullofsurprises and are just controlled opposition to her leftie ideals looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TechnikAli)
    I don't know about the political right muscling in on this site en masse, but student opinion and action is definitely important. In recent history and even further back, students (or the up and coming generations) have played huge roles in change.

There's also clearly unnecessary force being used far more frequently against students and protesters in general:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4
    They should be doing that sort of thing to scum like this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-rampage.html

infact, he should have just been shot out of respect for the people he was disrespecting.

ReputationRep:
    So you agree that you don't posess a natural right to bang on my front door at 3am demanding bandages and elastoplast?

It's a start I suppose.
    Someone stated that human beings have a human right to healthcare.

You disputed this.

You were wrong to do so.

What do 'natural rights' have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    **** da police!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    You just related the number of fraudulent claimants to someones credit rating.. Meh, perhaps they are more reliable than personal experiences, however, not reliable enough to constitute a real argument against benefit cuts.
    Well we shouldn't have government policy based on reason and statistical evidence should we?

Sounds altogether too sensible.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.