Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimplyBeee)
    Where are the OCR overall boundaries? not the module ones
    i want to see how far i was into an A on Core & Additional Science, but i can only find the module boundaries
    You work it out with the UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    still so confused on how I relate the ums on my results sheet to the raw marks on the released grade boundaries, e.g. to see how far I was off the next grade. can anyone help me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    I'd already been given my coursework grades back, I'd done pretty well in them, I was just clueless about where 66 would lie within the grade boundaries! Does the 58/80 for an A* apply to both the exams, or just the June one? Because I found the June exam harder, therefore needing 58 makes sense; I don't know whether it will be 58 for January's exam too. Ah well, what's done is done! How did you do in your coursework?
    Heyy, What did you get for English? and I didn't get told
    I got two Bs, Might get one remarked as it is like 5/10 ums away from an A,

ReputationRep:
    UMS always has the same grade boundaries. 90 % is always an A*, 80% is always an A, etc. There's a fuller explanation on the wiki I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya I got my gcse spanish result at an A overall! But on edexcel it says unit 4 is writing and on my results sheet it says I got a c in writing, But I know I got 2 A*s
    What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little ginger)
    Heya I got my gcse spanish result at an A overall! But on edexcel it says unit 4 is writing and on my results sheet it says I got a c in writing, But I know I got 2 A*s
    What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would think that it has been moderated down unfortunately. I would check with your teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did gcse spanish and got an A overall! When I looked on the edexcel website it says unit 4 is writing and on my exam sheet it says I got a C, when I know I got 2 A*s
    What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys i dont get what it said on my results sheet, i did WJEC foundation science in all 3 this year (year 10) and it said i has 55 in all, which is the top grade C, but why are they all 55, surely ingot some wrong, and i thought 60 was top marks, help??!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could it really go from an 2A* to a C?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzika)
    what are grade boundaries for wjec english lang? It just shows every unit grade boundaries but not overall. How much do you need to get c, b etc?
    These are the grade boundariesName:  Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 00.35.00.png
Views: 8798
Size:  21.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    Hi sorry about your results!
    Unfortunately I think you'll have to re-take the whole qualification! (I think so, but not 100% sure).
    Hi,
    Yes you would have to do all of your controlled assessments again - (asked my son's head of English about aqa language marks as they were downgraded by 4 marks after moderation.)
    Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDegrassi)
    does anyone know what total marks you needed in English Language AQA to get an A was?
    English Language AQA 4707
    UMS is 240 but to work out the raw marks you would need to look at the units that make up the overall exam:
    ENG1H (OR F)
    ENG02
    ENL03
    Or whatever units made up your modular qualification.
    Look at this link, http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums use the drop down boxes for choosing when the exam was taken (if not all in June 2013 for example) and the unit code (on your exam sheet). Then you can see a combination of marks to exchange for 240 UMS. (tip - open the same page in as many tabs as you need to look at different units that made up your exam).
    Click on 'convert multiple marks' and it will give you a table of grade boundaries for the unit and a list of raw marks to UMS. You don't have to get A on each unit, it's the over all UMS. (I think)
    This link http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...51156542,d.d2k gives you the marks grade boundaries for each unit (June 2013)
    This link gives you the UMS boundaries for each unit http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries
    To work out how close you were to a grade boundary, basically add up your UMS from each unit and see how close it was to 240 for an A. If you want to know how many raw marks this was then you will have to work it our for each unit. Raw marks for your coursework will be with your English teacher and these may have been moderated up/down (more likely knowing the trend).
    Basically it's hard to work out. If you know your marks, codes and dates taken then I can be more specific if you need more help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDegrassi)
    does anyone know what total marks you needed in English Language AQA to get an A was?
    This might be clearer:
    ENG1H: 53 MARKS FOR A
    ENG02: 38 MARKS FOR A
    ENL03: 65 MARKS FOR A
    (ENG03: 68 MARKS FOR A)
    But it does ultimately depend on UMS of the combination of your units. (240)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoboWinfield)
    Does anybody know what the UMS grade boundaries are for the Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths. I know it would normally be 90% for an A* etc. but how does the A^ grade affect this?
    No UMS as it's not modular. Do have this:
    (listed as an igcse as far as I could find on AQA site)
    Link: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries scroll down to select june 2013 then choose igcse pdf, then search for course code: 8360
    Has no breakdown for certain grades, interestingly, but has this:
    Total marks (out of 175) for A^ 149, A*118, A 87, B 60, C 33.
    Think the A^ grade boundary is set after papers have been marked an it's the top certain percentage of the marks.
    What a shame no info is given on the results sheet as it would be nice to know how close you were.
    Paper 1: total 70 A^ 60
    Paper 2: total 105 A^ 89

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS result and got a B in chemistry and Cs in biology and physics. What should I do? Everything feels so messed up. Should I continue with A2 or retake AS? How can I guarantee myself that I'd do well in A2 if I should continue? Help,please? :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.