Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlommm)
    Guys an issue has been raised! Have a read of this Attachment 231922 i'm really stressing now because science is one of the subjects I must do well in to progress forward and I was not confident after completing the june exams in science so this could ruin everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The article is referring only to the new Science courses, which are being sat by those who are currently in Year 10 but will be going into Year 11 next year.

ReputationRep:
    I was so nervous last year especially about science but this year for some odd reason I'm not because I know I put everything in those 10 exams and I wouldn't have done them any other way, with an exception of biology

ReputationRep:
    The news article is just saying that the new spec science exams are harder than the old spec ones, hence why more people will get less A*'s than if they would've have sat the old spec ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting Year 11 soon. Until then, I will collect my results for three exams I did in Year 10: Biology1, Physics1 and Mathematics3. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    The article is referring only to the new Science courses, which are being sat by those who are currently in Year 10 but will be going into Year 11 next year.
    I don't know about you, but I've just finished year eleven and my teachers made a huge deal about the fact that we were doing a new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the spec is changing again - now its linear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    I don't know about you, but I've just finished year eleven and my teachers made a huge deal about the fact that we were doing a new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did AQA B and it was the second year of the new spec style but first year of new spec additional - as in they changed it from 1-3 marks and 1 or 2 4marks to 1-4 with some 5&6marks so idk.

I'm just ready to give up ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thiscantbeblank)
    Oh ok so hopefully my A* is still intact then and people said the chemsitry exam I took was extremely hard and my teacher agreed so they can't really increase the grade boundaries as that wouldn't accurately reflect the difficulty of the exam ! Thanks for clearing that up I'm going to stop worrying now
    Did you do AQA, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curved)
    I did AQA B and it was the second year of the new spec style but first year of new spec additional - as in they changed it from 1-3 marks and 1 or 2 4marks to 1-4 with some 5&6marks so idk.

I'm just ready to give up ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did AQA triple (biology, chemistry and physics)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you check online? I'm in Year 10 but did Astronomy a year early, however I don't want to go and get them when all the year 11's are having breakdowns because they didn't get 14 A*s!

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Did you do AQA, out of interest?
    Yeh the AQA Science A course I found the exams really easy to be honest,but I did do loads of past papers so this came in handy especially for the chem exam which had repeats of questions from past papers like the question about how nitrogen oxides are formed !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    How do you check online? I'm in Year 10 but did Astronomy a year early, however I don't want to go and get them when all the year 11's are having breakdowns because they didn't get 14 A*s!
    Haha yeh I'm in year ten too and you can't get your results online... I'm getting my results back do core science film studies and re,and I want to go in early when the year elevens are there so I don't have to tell any other year tens what I've got in case I haven't done as well as I've thought I have but then I don't want to be in amongst all the year elevens freaking out over the results for like maths and english whereas I'm stressing about film studies :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeh I'm in year ten too and you can't get your results online... I'm getting my results back do core science film studies and re,and I want to go in early when the year elevens are there so I don't have to tell any other year tens what I've got in case I haven't done as well as I've thought I have but then I don't want to be in amongst all the year elevens freaking out over the results for like maths and english whereas I'm stressing about film studies :/
    Oh no!!! I suppose I'll just have to go in at the very end of the day or at the very beginning. I don't even think for one second that I even got a C, so I really don't want to be accosted by class mates or year 11's !

ReputationRep:
    I remember getting my results, never been so nervous Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    Oh no!!! I suppose I'll just have to go in at the very end of the day or at the very beginning. I don't even think for one second that I even got a C, so I really don't want to be accosted by class mates or year 11's !
    Yeh I'm going to arrive there the minute the school opens and I'm going to privately look at them and go home nice and quickly without bumping into any classmates in my back..the issue I have is that I am expected to do really well so if I haven't done as good then I will be super embarrassed so I'd rather I just found them out when nobody else is so I can tell them over fb or whatever or in September when Ive got over how I've done !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    I remember getting my results, never been so nervous Good luck everyone!
    I was shaking when I got the results back for this one exam I took in janaury but I'm getting the results back for 5 exams this time and I will be getting 3 overall grades so to say I'm ****ting it is an understatement

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm going to arrive there the minute the school opens and I'm going to privately look at them and go home nice and quickly without bumping into any classmates in my back..the issue I have is that I am expected to do really well so if I haven't done as good then I will be super embarrassed so I'd rather I just found them out when nobody else is so I can tell them over fb or whatever or in September when Ive got over how I've done !
    I don't want to hang around in the school hall opening it. I think I might open it on my way home or at home.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    lol
    You did the aqa dt product design exam?! How did you find it? I found it bloody hard! The question were so...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who's a tad excited and relieved as the day approaches? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.