Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huma95)
    Can someone put an mark scheme together for this paper please, as very confused, or does anyone have a copy of this exam paper ? And good luck to all for unit 5 on Monday - also have psychology on same day which doesn't help :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! Do you do AQA Psychology B by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    No I have psychology A!
    And I have the unit 4 paper that we just did
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371129998.040068.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  21.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130009.914933.jpg
Views: 3403
Size:  154.0 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130031.321871.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  160.2 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130044.657649.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  151.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130131.398879.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  168.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130147.568796.jpg
Views: 3833
Size:  162.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130174.328442.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  157.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130192.679416.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130203.062249.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  12.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130262.860641.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  155.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130288.438434.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  13.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130301.323403.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  13.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130315.945235.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  13.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130330.077767.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  14.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130343.886788.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  14.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130353.505034.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  12.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130371.574343.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  10.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130380.660155.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  15.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371130389.173671.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  13.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you get the u4 paper? Classic! Then please upload the unit 6b aswell broo??

ReputationRep:
    i guess im expecting between 60 - 65. But maybe the boundaries are so low cause of hardcore mark schemes, so never know..i may blow 10 extra marks even though im already counting on the lower side. missed an A by one mark in AS. that shouldnt happen again ahhh

ok here are the questions i feel i may have lost marks and my answers to them..tell me what you think
    1b) asexual reproduction, binary fission
    1c iii) more evidence obtained using larger quadrat, readings taken at different times of the day with different light intensities. thats all i got
    4b) useful to farmer so that he can know the secondary production of cattle. defined secondary production. he can know how much milk/ weight gain to expect.
    4c) biomass changes throughout the day, plant have to be uprooted and killed.
    5b i) a triplet code is a sequence of three base PAIRS on a dna or rna molecule. would saying pairs make it wrong?
    6a) bacterial genetic material is dna (bacteriophage) while virus (HIV) is rna. thats all i got
    6bi) ingest by phagocytosis..cell surface membrane fuses with bacteria coat
    7b) and 7ci ) i really do not know the answers..wrote about reverse transcriptase in both of them.
    8a i) wtf. how are you supposed to get 3 marks? defined species and said offspring should be fertile and some more crap.

ReputationRep:
    Personally didn't really like this exam..
    In all of the past papers I was getting A*'s, but this paper was NOTHING like the past papers..
    Some questions were easy, some were pretty hard.. and a lot were synoptic.. Just such a weird paper I thought!

ReputationRep:
    That exam was literally the worst thing I've ever sat through! Super scared for unit 5 now, please someone give me some revision tips or something!? I also have my psychology exam on monday too :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    i guess im expecting between 60 - 65. But maybe the boundaries are so low cause of hardcore mark schemes, so never know..i may blow 10 extra marks even though im already counting on the lower side. missed an A by one mark in AS. that shouldnt happen again ahhh

ok here are the questions i feel i may have lost marks and my answers to them..tell me what you think
    1b) asexual reproduction, binary fission
    1c iii) more evidence obtained using larger quadrat, readings taken at different times of the day with different light intensities. thats all i got
    4b) useful to farmer so that he can know the secondary production of cattle. defined secondary production. he can know how much milk/ weight gain to expect.
    4c) biomass changes throughout the day, plant have to be uprooted and killed.
    5b i) a triplet code is a sequence of three base PAIRS on a dna or rna molecule. would saying pairs make it wrong?
    6a) bacterial genetic material is dna (bacteriophage) while virus (HIV) is rna. thats all i got
    6bi) ingest by phagocytosis..cell surface membrane fuses with bacteria coat
    7b) and 7ci ) i really do not know the answers..wrote about reverse transcriptase in both of them.
    8a i) wtf. how are you supposed to get 3 marks? defined species and said offspring should be fertile and some more crap.
    The exam was quite tough actually, harder than January's Paper, so grade boundaries are likely to be lower. The majority of my class felt the exam was hard. Lol I did exactly what you did for 8a i), I defined species, mentioned hybrid offspring, and that the offspring will be fertile. Have no Idea what else to put for 3 marks...
    And for the question on the two enzymes "S and T", I just talked BS about integrase and Reverse Transcriptase

So Badly need a decent B in this exam, or else it is bye bye to University.

ReputationRep:
    I've done another one of those specification points vs. past paper questions here for anyone that wants it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Ok everyone, after looking at the posts describing questions and the pics of that paper above, I have realised that the domestic UK paper was different than the one we all took internationally. We were not informed of a different paper, and this sucks as some of our questions were COMPLETELY different, like different topics! Did anyone else take this paper (Edexcel GCE 6BIO4 June 2013) abroad? And how did you find it? I had trouble with the first question. . . The worrying thing is, I know lots of math students at my school who had trouble with their exam, then discovered theirs was different as well! Will the grading still be the same? Will our marks be compared with the UK ones? Should I be worried? I think I did ok on the rest of the paper which was mostly about immunity and speciation. I would really appreciate any replies!
    Some of my exams have been really late in order to make our exam end at the same time as the UKs, this one was at 9am so we know that we must have taken it before you? We have no quarantine this year. . . Did anyone else take Business Studies Unit 3 on Thursday? That one we took really late, like 8:30pm or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebainbridge)
    Ok everyone, after looking at the posts describing questions and the pics of that paper above, I have realised that the domestic UK paper was different than the one we all took internationally. We were not informed of a different paper, and this sucks as some of our questions were COMPLETELY different, like different topics! Did anyone else take this paper (Edexcel GCE 6BIO4 June 2013) abroad? And how did you find it? I had trouble with the first question. . . The worrying thing is, I know lots of math students at my school who had trouble with their exam, then discovered theirs was different as well! Will the grading still be the same? Will our marks be compared with the UK ones? Should I be worried? I think I did ok on the rest of the paper which was mostly about immunity and speciation. I would really appreciate any replies!
    Some of my exams have been really late in order to make our exam end at the same time as the UKs, this one was at 9am so we know that we must have taken it before you? We have no quarantine this year. . . Did anyone else take Business Studies Unit 3 on Thursday? That one we took really late, like 8:30pm or something.

OMG are you serious? i'm an international student and i found the paper horrible! and trust me, it wasn't because of lack of revision because i knew EVERYTHING inside and out!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and did exactly the same paper that has been posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedgirl22)
    OMG are you serious? i'm an international student and i found the paper horrible! and trust me, it wasn't because of lack of revision because i knew EVERYTHING inside and out!
    SAME, I knew the spec back to front, and the paper was ridiculous! The first 13 mark question about lichens?! WTF, and the question about measuring sunlight or something - it was all worded so badly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    I'm an international student and did exactly the same paper that has been posted.
    You got lucky then - our school got an actual different paper which I think was harder than the one posted. Where is your school? Mine is in Beijing but we do the English Curriculum.

ReputationRep:
    You got lucky then - our school got an actual different paper which I think was harder than the one posted. Where is your school? Mine is in Beijing but we do the English Curriculum.
    But there's always only one grade boundary put up for the paper. So are 2 different papers gona be graded equally? Edexcel are coonts

ReputationRep:
    Biology unit 5 shot me down

ReputationRep:
    Hi can you upload unit 5 question paper ASAP? I don't know why I want to even see it. Was abit short of time aswell. Left 6 marks blank. Can anyone predict grade boundaries without being over optimistic? So many questions to drop 1 -2 marks. Pls reply wether you will post it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    Biology unit 5 shot me down
    Hey man, I don't think that we can discuss this yet, or else you would get warning points.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like people found it easy #dead

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.