Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who did Scenario 1? How did ya'll find it?

Was pleased Judicial came up...and happy for those who only revised Morals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Anyone do scenario one?
    I did.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher told us we didn't need to learn obtaining services dishonestly all I could say in scenario 2 for Dave was the section act and year. Was so painfully obvious it was s11 as well as s2! I asked her after and she still maintains I got the marks as long as I spoke about fraud by false rep... starting to seriously doubt it after reading this :/ Apart from that I feel like I did well on scenario 2, though I was an idiot and wrote a little bit in (black) gel pen not realising it was gel ink, it didn't smudge so hopefully I won't get any marks knocked off for them not being able to read it or whatever. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmmeS)
    I did.
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I found this exam went really well

So glad morals came up!

ReputationRep:
    Was it just me that thought that was a beautiful exam paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    yes it was !!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    I agree I overheard my law exam during the paper talking to another teacher saying how if we done scenario 2 its easy paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsterAce)
    I think both would not succeed in the claim, because Pam did not have the necessary ties of love and affection as she was a "friend of the family" so she would of probably only have been a bystander
    That's true. I did put that it would be up to the court to decide just in case. I also mentioned hearing a child's scream and injuries, especially as she was a friend of the family could have been enough to fulfill that point. I'm most likely wrong but it's too late now to worry about. :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the 1st scenario on TORT??

Well here's what I got:

QUESTION 1:
    -Private Nuisance
    -Public Nuisance (the parking of the coaches on the public road)
    -Rylands v Fletcher

QUESTION 2:
    -Occupiers Liability Act 1957
    -Medical Negligence

I did the synoptic essay on Fault, fairly simple to do, however it certainly ate into my time allowance.

Anyone get any different??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrentfordFan)
    Anyone do the 1st scenario on TORT??

Well here's what I got:

QUESTION 1:
    -Private Nuisance
    -Public Nuisance (the parking of the coaches on the public road)
    -Rylands v Fletcher

QUESTION 2:
    -Occupiers Liability Act 1957
    -Medical Negligence

I did the synoptic essay on Fault, fairly simple to do, however it certainly ate into my time allowance.

Anyone get any different??
    I did vicarious liability as well for the second part as it said against the hospital as well I found that there was a lot to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakj_)
    I did vicarious liability as well for the second part as it said against the hospital as well I found that there was a lot to talk about
    Oh sh1t. If vicarious liability was relevant I've just screwed up the paper.

ReputationRep:
    so glad morals came up but i spent too much time on that and question one, and only left myself 5 mins to do half of quesiton 2.
    How did you guys find the timings?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't actually that bad of a paper. I answered scenario 1 on tort but sort of wished I'd done scenario 2 and then the law and morality question which I am hoping I gained some valuable marks on.

The same as a Brentfordfan (I'm an Ipswich fan btw lol) but just included a small paragraph on vicarious liability because of the against Dr Jones and the hospital. Tbh I did little on the vicarious element as I only saw it at the last minute but Brentfordfan I'm sure if your other two elements were of a good standard the third would not have made that much of a difference trust me

Hope it all went well for everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sh1t. If vicarious liability was relevant I've just screwed up the paper.
    I know of a few who haven't wrote about it also I had to rush the end of it as I ran out of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    I missed out bloody false representation on question two!
    Went perfect other than that though...
    it was quite inconspicious, tbf. just couple of lines at the start of the paragraph saying something like "George was employed by Rosa to fit kitchen cabinets. He lied to her and told her he was qualified to carry out electric work"

I was searching the paragraph after spotting Burglary and Criminal Damage straight off, thinking "there must be another offence/defence..." and then spotted it just before I began writing, so that was lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiech)
    it was quite inconspicious, tbf. just couple of lines at the start of the paragraph saying something like "George was employed by Rosa to fit kitchen cabinets. He lied to her and told her he was qualified to carry out electric work"

I was searching the paragraph after spotting Burglary and Criminal Damage straight off, thinking "there must be another offence/defence..." and then spotted it just before I began writing, so that was lucky
    thats funny because i spotted fraud by false rep and burglary and i only spotted criminal damage when i nearly finished completing Burglary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeggyBoy)
    Wasn't actually that bad of a paper. I answered scenario 1 on tort but sort of wished I'd done scenario 2 and then the law and morality question which I am hoping I gained some valuable marks on.

The same as a Brentfordfan (I'm an Ipswich fan btw lol) but just included a small paragraph on vicarious liability because of the against Dr Jones and the hospital. Tbh I did little on the vicarious element as I only saw it at the last minute but Brentfordfan I'm sure if your other two elements were of a good standard the third would not have made that much of a difference trust me

Hope it all went well for everybody else.
    I know a lot of people who haven't included it.. My guess is that it would be counted as a "two potential content" question and the negligence will be "max clear" if vicarious liability wasn't included!! All done now, so nothing I can do to change it!!

And i'm still raw from our end of season horrors so I'll ignore the football reference haha!!

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people who haven't included it.. My guess is that it would be counted as a "two potential content" question and the negligence will be "max clear" if vicarious liability wasn't included!! All done now, so nothing I can do to change it!!

And i'm still raw from our end of season horrors so I'll ignore the football reference haha!!

Tbh I didn't include that much on it so I just treated it as a last minute element and as you say nothing we can do now lol.

Felt so gutted for you actually wanted you to go up especially over Doncaster! Hate that Dean Saunders too, great tactical decision he made, NOT! Reckon we'll sign Forrester from you? If so is he anything to rave about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeggyBoy)
    Tbh I didn't include that much on it so I just treated it as a last minute element and as you say nothing we can do now lol.

Felt so gutted for you actually wanted you to go up especially over Doncaster! Hate that Dean Saunders too, great tactical decision he made, NOT! Reckon we'll sign Forrester from you? If so is he anything to rave about?
    No more law until uni now!!

The Doncaster game was the lowest i've ever felt as Brentford fan!! Wembley was just a good day out with a bad ending (again... 6th time out of 6 we've lost at Wembley).

In terms of Forrester, on his day he will rip any defence apart, Ivanovic couldn't deal with him when we played Chelsea. He ended the season badly though, became too cocky.. Needs to learn when to pass!! His future is being discussed with the management on Monday so we'll know more by then... will be sad to see him leave though!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.