Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    "I'm sorry, I don't want to be an emperor. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, Black and White. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness not by each other's misery. In this world there is room for everyone and the good Earth is rich, it can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way; greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goosestepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery which gives abundance has left us in want, our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel to little. More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities life would be violent and all would be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together, the very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood, for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world: millions of despairing men women and little children, victims of system which makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say do not despair, the misery that is now upon us is the passing of greed: the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people - and so long as men die, liberty will never perish. Soldiers, don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think, what to feel, who drill you diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men; machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines, you are not cattle! You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts, you don't hate, only the unloved heat, the unloved and unnatural. Soldiers, don't fight for slavery - fight for liberty! In the 17th chapter of St Luke it is written: "The kingdom of God is within man." - Not one man nor a group of men but in all men in you, you the people have the power - the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power - let us all unite! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world. A world that will give men a chance to work, give youth a future, and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie, they do not fulfil that promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise, let us fight to free the world. To do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness. Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!"

Charlie Chaplin

yeah i take the pleasure of typing that out.... sad me :eek:
    That is wonderful :eek: and so beautifully put

Also + rep for writing it all out :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Here's a page of quotes I wrote a while ago

http://imgur.com/gallery/qguBvqM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirey)
    Here's a page of quotes I wrote a while ago

http://imgur.com/gallery/qguBvqM
    wow did you actually make those up?

Oh never mind, just seen the names next to the quotes lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    wow did you actually make those up?

Oh never mind, just seen the names next to the quotes lool
    If I made them up they wouldn't really be quotes, eh? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirey)
    If I made them up they wouldn't really be quotes, eh? :P
    nope lol

ReputationRep:
    “Girls, stop waiting for that ‘perfect’ boy. He’s not out there. There’s no such thing as fairy tales. Your life isn’t an 80’s movie. If you push that boy away, he’s not gonna come back and comfort you. He’s going to leave. Life isn’t like a movie. Stop expecting it to be. But there is such a thing as love. So find it, just with your hopes not as high.”

ReputationRep:
    “The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it’s difficult to determine where or not they are genuine.”

-Abraham Lincoln :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    “No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” - Nelson Mandela.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 245198

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 245199

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 245200

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I make them up, sometimes i just copy and paste quotes I find from the Internet. That one in particular came from something I experienced and I thought there was a lot of truth in that so I posted it. I don't read my horoscope and I don't believe in it.

Hmm that sucks I didn't think what I was posting was that bad - Do you find them annoying/ think what i'm posting is quite pointless?

Sometimes some of them are not very good but like.. some of them have come from the heart

not bad ..7/10. I agree with it anyway (i.e. with regards to the faith and also the monstermunch:rolleyes:)

But we only have limited time on this earth and actually living this life and with these particular people e.g. family etc so isn't it best to make the most of that? In the after-life yeah you will have an unlimited amount of time but it's not necessarily going to be with the same people - your family etc might not necessarily be there with you. Aw I'm not really making sense/ explaining it properly LOL anyway each person is entitled to their own opinion so whether we have too much or not enough just depends on the way you think about it.

I only write those type of messages which refer to time because quite a few people don't appreciate what they have and you hear people say 'oh if only I had a little more time with so and so' or 'if someone had told me this early I wouldn't have waste so much time' etc so it's just sort of saying don't wait around and if there are things out tthere that you want to achieve/ do make sure you do your best to try and achieve them before it's too late or before you not longer have the capacity to achieve those things etc

That's actually a really good message in my opinion

If only all the readers of this thread were to go to heaven..if only:rolleyes: lol

On the contrary,you explained it very well.

Personally, Ive always wondered why people spend soooo much time working when they could spend all their time in bed with their lover.

But on the odd occaision Ive actually enquired I was given funny looks.

I guess I will never understand people Casualsoul...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    On the contrary,you explained it very well.

Personally, Ive always wondered why people spend soooo much time working when they could spend all their time in bed with their lover.

But on the odd occaision Ive actually enquired I was given funny looks.

I guess I will never understand people Casualsoul...
    Hey, thanks

that's funny :rofl:

I guess you never will Moggis

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks

that's funny :rofl:

I guess you never will Moggis

Er,I hope you meant that I will never understand people,Casualsoul....

not that I will never spend all day in bed with my lover:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Er,I hope you meant that I will never understand people,Casualsoul....

not that I will never spend all day in bed with my lover:rolleyes:
    Haa yeah, I was referring to the first statement :crown:

ReputationRep:
    'NONE OF US CAN CHANGE OUR YESTERDAYS BUT ALL OF US CAN CHANGE OUR TOMORROWS' - Colin Powell

ReputationRep:
    "When you live for a purpose then hard work is not an option- it's a necessity" - Steve Pavlina

ReputationRep:
    "The best insurance policy for tomorrow is to make the post productive use of today"

ReputationRep:
    "Nothing is more beautiful than a real smile that has struggled through the tears...":console:

ReputationRep:
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain. "

- Frank Herbert

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.