Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did the second data question and got 75bn euros, did the deficit essay question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Sorry to say but by uploading that you could get into a lot of trouble with AQA - they have strict copyright laws, I know a school who put up the JAN13 paper straight after it came out and they were given a £23000 fine apparently.
    Sorry mate but sounds like *******s to me papers get put up on tsr pretty much every time, the only ones that are an issue are the edexcel ones because they are taken internationally. If they were strictly copyrighted they wouldn't be put for public access on the AQA website either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    I know Edexcel have such rules, but i've never heard anything of sort from AQA .. the paper has been posted on the day for the unit 1 2 and 3 and for other AQA subjects I take, plus your allowed to take the paper out of the exam ...
    you're not allowed to take the paper out of the exam. Who told you that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)
    Did people get 1500 on the EU calculation question?
    No I got 75 billion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonses)
    Did anybody else do Context 1 and the third essay on single markets?
    I did context 2 sadly
    But you must be the only other person who did the single markets question...No-one at my school that I spoke to did this question.
    What did you write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Nowhere on anything that I have signed, or on the paper itself does it say that the paper cannot be removed from the exam hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god completely screwed up that one then! I thought it was about the Eurozone as a single market ughhhhhhhh
    i did exactly the same thing. ****. I have just failed this whole exam. It was worded completely stupidly. It was worded about an EU country joining. Thats so stupid. I got the whole question wrong due to the way the bloody thing was worded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Well, one of the invigilators today let me take it out .. I do apologise for misinformation if you are not actually allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    itt increased from or decreased or something from 3.6% to 3.0% which is a change of 0.6% thus in 2010 it was 25 billion, therefore u do 0.6% of 25 billion, thats what my teacher said when i asked her!
    Oh dear at your teacher is all I can say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxLozzxx)
    i did exactly the same thing. ****. I have just failed this whole exam. It was worded completely stupidly. It was worded about an EU country joining. Thats so stupid. I got the whole question wrong due to the way the bloody thing was worded.
    "Evaluate the possible economic costs and benefits to an EU member state, such as the UK, of being part of the EU single market"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god completely screwed up that one then! I thought it was about the Eurozone as a single market ughhhhhhhh
    No I did the same
    Well i talked about the benefits/costs of being the eu without being part of the eurozone
    and then about the benefits/costs of being in the eurozone within the eu
    And my evaluation was basically that the costs and benefits are different depending on whether you are in the eu and part of the euro or not
    and also how the benefits/costs change with different levels of economic development within the eu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrud2013)
    I did context 2 sadly
    But you must be the only other person who did the single markets question...No-one at my school that I spoke to did this question.
    What did you write about?
    Nobody in my school did it either! I basically wrote about the costs and benefits of being part of the eurozone.. I talked about price transparency, reduction of exchange rate costs due to the single currency, foreign direct investment- for the costs I spoke about menu costs, adherence of new regulations, bureaucratic controls on fiscal and monetary policy and the fact that the MPC could be dissolved as monetary policy would be undertaken by the ECB.

Basically all wrong seeing as the Eurozone is nothing to do with single markets! You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxLozzxx)
    That makes me feel better then, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low if not many people did it and the ones that did didn't understand the question (if that makes sense). It was so confusing

ReputationRep:
    No I did the same
    Well i talked about the benefits/costs of being the eu without being part of the eurozone
    And my evaluation was basically that the costs and benefits are different depending on whether you are in the eu and part of the euro or not
    and also how the benefits/costs change with different levels of economic development within the eu
    I think what it was going for the benefits of staying a member of the EU, not benefits of joining the Euro. You could use Eurozone instability as a negative factor, but not really the centrè of the essay I don't think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I did the same
    Same here.. I'm so confused as to whether that was the right thing to talk about or not though! Fingers crossed..

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in my school did it either! I basically wrote about the costs and benefits of being part of the eurozone.. I talked about price transparency, reduction of exchange rate costs due to the single currency, foreign direct investment- for the costs I spoke about menu costs, adherence of new regulations, bureaucratic controls on fiscal and monetary policy and the fact that the MPC could be dissolved as monetary policy would be undertaken by the ECB.

Basically all wrong seeing as the Eurozone is nothing to do with single markets! You?
    Oww man well for second bit
    I wrote about the benefits for a eu member state which isnt part of the euro e.g. the uk so i spoke about wider markets to sell to, decreasing prices because of economies of scale. also about how if you increase your exports you increase aggregate demand and therefore increase national income and how that leads to increased investment because of the accelerator theory
    and then i wrote about countries within the eu who have the euro too and spoke about price transparency and loss of control over monetary and exchange rate policy
    cant quite remember what else i wrote.....
    what did you write for the first part? i think i wrote complete crap for the first part

ReputationRep:
    I hope it was...I don't see why it would be wrong because they are all still part of the EU
    I hope it all works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    That makes me feel better then, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low if not many people did it and the ones that did didn't understand the question (if that makes sense). It was so confusing
    Yeah but my concepts were all irrelevant in that case...
    + I think the grade boundaries are dependant on the whole paper.
    It was just worded more stupidly than I have ever seen. Of an EU country, such as the UK joining the single market.
    To me that implied they weren't already members hence I changed my opinion of what I thought a single market was from customs to monetary union.
    I probably got like a U in that case. It's annoying because if they had made the question clear I could have easily answered it.
    I will get about 5/25 because I have spoken about FDI and trade, but that is all because everything else is irrelevant. Oh FML.

ReputationRep:
    Same here.. I'm so confused as to whether that was the right thing to talk about or not though! Fingers crossed..
    It was wrong as a single market is simply a trading bloc with 'free trade/movement of labour and capital' hopefully! If loads of people did it they'll decide the question was ambiguous and except either answer....

ReputationRep:
    Oww man well for second bit
    I wrote about the benefits for a eu member state which isnt part of the euro e.g. the uk so i spoke about wider markets to sell to, decreasing prices because of economies of scale. also about how if you increase your exports you increase aggregate demand and therefore increase national income and how that leads to increased investment because of the accelerator theory
    and then i wrote about countries within the eu who have the euro too and spoke about price transparency and loss of control over monetary and exchange rate policy
    cant quite remember what else i wrote.....
    what did you write for the first part? i think i wrote complete crap for the first part
    If you mean the thing about features of a single market.. I didn't have much of a clue (just saw part b and though it'd be a really good question.. how wrong was I!). I basically said that other than a single currency, single markets had similar features to a trade bloc and spoke about free movement of labour/free trade and also the rules to join the Eurozone like the convergence/Maastricht criteria.

Not. A. Clue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.