The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lethean girl
ah - if they won't give you formal "sleeping pills" like zopiclone, you could try asking for a milder hypnotic like diphenhydramine. That's available OTC, so they'd really have no reason not to give it to you.

One thing I will miss about being at a low weight is how hard you're hit by pharmacology in terms of milligrams per kilogram. A little of something weak can knock you out completely, in the best sense of the phrase.

Hmm.. Ill see what I'm like in a while. I just want to sleeeeeep! I love my sleep but it's annoying when you actually can't sleep :facepalm:

I know right! They gave me something a few days ago and it knocked me out straight away haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't do this much more :cry2: I so want to run away tomorrow when I leave here for the day.. I really really don't want to come back here.. I've been sat googling plane flights and **** so I can just run away from here and not look back...

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is too hard, anxiety is stupidly bad, heart racing lots, feeling like such a freak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 623
Original post by -FireFlies-
I can't do this much more :cry2: I so want to run away tomorrow when I leave here for the day.. I really really don't want to come back here.. I've been sat googling plane flights and **** so I can just run away from here and not look back...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do it, tomorrow will be a great step forward. If you keep it up you won't be in there for long. Just be strong :smile:
Reply 624
Original post by FuzzySheep
This is too hard, anxiety is stupidly bad, heart racing lots, feeling like such a freak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :lovehug: who said you are a freak? Far from it :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Felt really bad about 4 hours ago for no particular reason, was just thinking how **** everything is at the minute. Feeling came and went pretty quickly though and I went back to my Buffy marathon. i'm probably going to go to bed soon but I thought I'd post since I have done something productive today, I applied for a job.
It's a part time thing and I'm probably not going to get it since I have absolutely no retail experience but that's the first time I've applied for a job so I'm quite happy with myself.
I'm debating whether to register with a GP tonight (the surgery I want to go to let you register online) or wait and do it tomorrow. I should probably register so I can see if they will give me some different meds and get on the waiting list for whatever therapy-type stuff they want to send me for.
Original post by Mouse Potato
Does anyone else constantly wish they had a more 'normal' life? :frown: Literally every time I go on facebook I feel awful because everyone else has friends and hobbies and is successful and things. I don't know, probably a bit tired / hormonal but I just feel really upset this evening. :frown:

I think a few people on this thread dont bother with FB anymore because its too triggering, and i kinda feel it is for me too. So you're definately not alone :hugs:

For me it serves as a constant reminder that i haven't been in a relationship for around 5 years now. It makes me feel terrible that seeing other peoples happiness makes me depressed, but i can't help it.
Reply 627
Not slept one little bit, and I need a lot of energy tomorrow. Shouldn't have had that nap earlier. Maybe will take lucozade with me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 628
Original post by Mouse Potato
Does anyone else constantly wish they had a more 'normal' life? :frown: Literally every time I go on facebook I feel awful because everyone else has friends and hobbies and is successful and things. I don't know, probably a bit tired / hormonal but I just feel really upset this evening. :frown:

I'm like that too a lot of the time :sad: I know it isn't good to think like that but I can't stop myself :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
finished my essay :biggrin: :woo:

now time to take a big fat zopi as im wide awake and get some sleep!
Theres mice everywhere. Things crawling all over me. I cant cope :frown: ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to post here.. but then stopped, due to a situation with another member..

- but I thought the video in my sig, may be of interest to some of you :smile:

Its a short video, made by university students with mental health conditions, about their experiances.

x
I feel like absolute **** right now had what 4 hours sleep grrrrr my body clock is seriously messed up! I have naps during the day cause I'm shattered and bored but then it messes up my sleep at night :facepalm: I just want my own double comfy bed back with my own room :cry2: I miss it!!!! That's not too much to ask for right??

On the bright side I get to go out for the day :yep: I have the strange urge to head down to the beach haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't run - they'll only call the police (asu,ing you're under a section), and your admission will end up longer. Build up trust, and you'll get more day passes. I've tried to run myself, but never got far.
Original post by lethean girl
Don't run - they'll only call the police (asu,ing you're under a section), and your admission will end up longer. Build up trust, and you'll get more day passes. I've tried to run myself, but never got far.

No not under a section but if I do leave my parents will never speak to me again that's the only thing holding me back otherwise I really would have been long gone by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not under a section but if I do leave my parents will never speak to me again that's the only thing holding me back otherwise I really would have been long gone by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my situation, too, until I was sectioned anyway... My parents wouldn't have let me live in their houses had i discharged myself.

just remember that, regardless of how difficult the regimen is and how unhelpful it may sometimes be, everything is, believe it or not, intended to help. (^∇^)
Original post by PonchoKid
finished my essay :biggrin: :woo:

now time to take a big fat zopi as im wide awake and get some sleep!

PRSOM! :frown:

Buut........ Congrats!!!!!! :biggrin: :woo: see told you that you could do it :tongue: hope you had a nice sleep :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've run out of propranolol and I have an exam in less than two hours. I'm trying very hard to avoid a panic attack... I guess at least the uni has put exam stuff in place so if I have a panic attack in the exam something something I don't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 638
I didn't realise I had magic powers!! The way I get ignored and people not realising that I exist has led me to believe I can be invisible.
Original post by IDukem
I didn't realise I had magic powers!! The way I get ignored and people not realising that I exist has led me to believe I can be invisible.

Awww :console: people can really suck sometimes. I don't really know what to say tbh, but I know how that feels :frown: but that can't be generalized anyway, right? I mean, there are those people in your life that do care about you so much, even if they fail to show it!