Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate Summer.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really anything wrong with Islam. Muslims are the problem, more specifically the ones that are too stupid to realise you can't take a 1300 year old text literally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redz0r)
    I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
    So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote
    Why do you think that the majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote? We specifically women?

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles are awful.

ReputationRep:
    So called "bisexuals".

An entire thread full of wannabes and attention seekers hang around there.

Hipsters who try to follow original trends which actually becomes a major fashion trend. Ironic.

People who look at their phones during traffic lights, or near curbs. When I drive i slow down when I see someone not looking, you have no idea if they will just walk across not looking.

Fat girls who try to be attractive but really are just not.

Partying girls who are generally just attention seeking sluts. Especially those who wear very revealing clothes, why bother wearing clothes?

Loud black women, I sat on a train coming from London and I could see a group of black teenagers laughing like a bunch of hyenas. I felt like slapping them one by one.

Feminists, they are a real nasty group of women who claim to be fighting for women globally when infact are just trouble makers, loud mouthed *****es and again, attention seekers. What do you ****ing gain by getting your tits out?

Women who claim men treat them like objects when they are ones acting like sluts, no self-respect and lack of dignity. Getting their tits out on public etc.

Gay men who act very effeminate. Honestly we get it, your gay. Stop forcing it upon everyone.

Sluts in general.

Men who get a tattoo of a kiss on their bicep. Are you ****ing with me? The most egotistical tattoo I have seen in my life.

People who drink just to look cool, smoke to look cool, act like pricks to act cool.

Why do Indian people always smell funny? Smell like curry? I can't bare it standing next to one.

British people drinking abroad, you shame us with your behaviour.

Indian people *****ing about poor treatment and always complain about racism.

Mosques being built everywhere, why? Can't you just go to the other 5 mosques in your neighbourhood?

Why do Indian men always go around in gangs, act black? Same with Gurkhas and Asians, why act like thugs?

Foreigners who hate our country, if you hate it so much then **** off back to your own country.

Come at me x2.

ReputationRep:
    The Lord of The Rings is VASTLY overrated, and should die out as fast as possible.

Benedict Cumberbatch is absolutely vile in regard to his physical attractiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pierreboobvier)
    The Lord of The Rings is VASTLY overrated, and should die out as fast as possible.
    I agree with this so much, my friends are obsessed and I seriously can't sit through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willbean)
    So called "bisexuals". I'm not sure if you're taking about bisexuals in general or those who say they are for attention and then are like 'yeah I'm bi but I wouldn't actually kiss a girl/boy lol'

An entire thread full of wannabes and attention seekers hang around there.

Hipsters who try to follow original trends which actually becomes a major fashion trend. Ironic. I also find this funny, and being hipster has now become mainstream, I feel like at some point they're just gonna explode from the irony.

People who look at their phones during traffic lights, or near curbs. When I drive i slow down when I see someone not looking, you have no idea if they will just walk across not looking. I was in a taxi yesterday and the guy kept doing this. -____-

Fat girls who try to be attractive but really are just not.

Partying girls who are generally just attention seeking sluts. Especially those who wear very revealing clothes, why bother wearing clothes? Totally agree.

Loud black women, I sat on a train coming from London and I could see a group of black teenagers laughing like a bunch of hyenas. I felt like slapping them one by one.

Feminists, they are a real nasty group of women who claim to be fighting for women globally when infact are just trouble makers, loud mouthed *****es and again, attention seekers. What do you ****ing gain by getting your tits out? Agree.

Women who claim men treat them like objects when they are ones acting like sluts, no self-respect and lack of dignity. Getting their tits out on public etc. Agree.

Gay men who act very effeminate. Honestly we get it, your gay. Stop forcing it upon everyone. I'm gay, and gay guys who act feminine really irritate me, it's like they're purposefully trying to make people hate us even more.

Sluts in general. Yep.

Men who get a tattoo of a kiss on their bicep. Are you ****ing with me? The most egotistical tattoo I have seen in my life. Yep.

People who drink just to look cool, smoke to look cool, act like pricks to act cool.

Why do Indian people always smell funny? Smell like curry? I can't bare it standing next to one.

British people drinking abroad, you shame us with your behaviour. Yeah it's always British people you hear of making an idiot of theirselves.

Indian people *****ing about poor treatment and always complain about racism.

Mosques being built everywhere, why? Can't you just go to the other 5 mosques in your neighbourhood?

Why do Indian men always go around in gangs, act black? Same with Gurkhas and Asians, why act like thugs?

Foreigners who hate our country, if you hate it so much then **** off back to your own country. Tbf though I'm starting to hate our government, especially coming from a working class family and as a future university student.

Come at me x2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neon-Soldier32)
    The Beatles are awful.
    You should just go sink your head in the sand.:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe someone will find this unpopular:

People whose solution to certain problems is, 'Send them back their own country.'

Also, people - arguably stupid people - who think experience is more important than qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe someone will find this unpopular:

People whose solution to certain problems is, 'Send them back their own country.'

Also, people - arguably stupid people - who think experience is more important than qualifications.
    Completely agree with your first point there, though the second point can go two ways. There are some professions were if you have the experience you're more likely to get the job than someone with a qualification but no experience, though for the most part I do think qualifications are more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Completely agree with your first point there, though the second point can go two ways. There are some professions were if you have the experience you're more likely to get the job than someone with a qualification but no experience, though for the most part I do think qualifications are more important.
    Thanks. I think this thread is turning quite conservative! It should be an excuse for people so **** off others, balling at them about how their opinion is wrong or saying about how being a cook is woman's profession. Or is that just my house...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I think this thread is turning quite conservative! It should be an excuse for people so **** off others, balling at them about how their opinion is wrong or saying about how being a cook is woman's profession. Or is that just my house...
    Some of the stuff being said in this thread is disgusting in my opinion, fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinions but every single opinion that I asked reasons for I got ignored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Some of the stuff being said in this thread is disgusting in my opinion, fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinions but every single opinion that I asked reasons for I got ignored
    Some people just like to be controversial and purposely offensive whilst simultaneously being blind to their ignorance.

...and others are just [email protected]!

ReputationRep:
    Some people just like to be controversial and purposely offensive whilst simultaneously being blind to their ignorance.

...and others are just [email protected]!
    You've got that right, but I was genuinely interested in why they were bigoted b*stards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinky Slinky)
    Because it wouldn't work. It's very easy to grow marijuana anywhere and difficult to find it and tax it. People will just grow it and do it in their homes. Policemen won't be going round people's houses searching for the weed and putting taxes on it.

The black market will just take over anyway and people will smoke it 1000x more than people do now which makes it worse for your health. Having it illegal makes people more reluctant to do it than if it was taxed. And taxing it wouldn't work anyway, it wouldn't bring in as much tax money as cigarettes. So it's not really worth it to the government, but other governments see it differently that's why it's now legal in some American states.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've stated some fair points, imagine it from the smokers opinion though; having the product for free, you grow it self in your own home, buy whatever equipment and just smoke it on your own - the government makes no money, maybe one reason it's illegal?

That's what some people think, look up the benefits of hemp,

True, police won't "waste" resources searching for weed - something they shouldn't be doing anyway...

Making something illegal won't make it go, away - it's just run by criminals (and I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke because it's illegal, or won't because it's illegal) and while people might smoke it more, it takes around 15,000 weed joints in under twenty minutes to overdose on the chemical THC, PLUS Marijuana has proved to help people in pain, destroy some cancerous cells and even reduce the chances of lung cancer

Rappers can sing about it, movie stars can boast about it (and even smoke on air) why are they "allowed to smoke or boast about it".. something that will influence teenagers and other members of public to start smoking, then when they're caught they have a warning on their CRB or even arrest.

And finally cigarettes and alcohol (maybe even coffee) are legal and even worse for your body compared to weed, they're all legal and old in our supermarkets - tobacco and alcohol are taxed "to deter people"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)
    You've stated some fair points, imagine it from the smokers opinion though; having the product for free, you grow it self in your own home, buy whatever equipment and just smoke it on your own - the government makes no money, maybe one reason it's illegal?

That's what some people think, look up the benefits of hemp,

True, police won't "waste" resources searching for weed - something they shouldn't be doing anyway...

Making something illegal won't make it go, away - it's just run by criminals (and I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke because it's illegal, or won't because it's illegal) and while people might smoke it more, it takes around 15,000 weed joints in under twenty minutes to overdose on the chemical THC, PLUS Marijuana has proved to help people in pain, destroy some cancerous cells and even reduce the chances of lung cancer

Rappers can sing about it, movie stars can boast about it (and even smoke on air) why are they "allowed to smoke or boast about it".. something that will influence teenagers and other members of public to start smoking, then when they're caught they have a warning on their CRB or even arrest.

And finally cigarettes and alcohol (maybe even coffee) are legal and even worse for your body compared to weed, they're all legal and old in our supermarkets - tobacco and alcohol are taxed "to deter people"...
    I feel you were slightly high when writing this because some things just don't make sense :P

Smoking marijuana never proved to cure cancer. You can't say marijuana is completely healthy. Cigarettes used to not be so taxed at one point in time and people thought they were the best things ever until people started dying of all sorts of cancers.

It's only recent discoveries and new information that has helped us understand more about cigarettes and why they're seriously damaging to your health. The same thing just hasn't been done for marijuana yet. Maybe in a few years time there might be deaths and illnesses caused from weed too. We just don't have enough information about it yet. Even though frequent smokers just can't wait to tell the world how you can make walls out of it or whatnot, the truth is, no one knows about marijuana well enough.

Even if it isn't healthy, yes taxing is one way to deter people but it won't be as effective. People will not be put off by taxes because why pay for it when you can grow it yourself?

Cigarettes and alcohol have been around for hundreds of years and we know all there is to know about the consequences of those and we can teach children about it, but marijuana is only a recently popular thing and we need to research and observe the consequences before arriving at a solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Miranda isn't funny :colonhash:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by minthumbugs)
    People have said they were afraid to tell me they were gay because they didnt know how I'd react and thought I'd stop speaking to them.
    How awful. I remember friends telling me they were gay. In the nicest way possible, I didn't care. It didn't change my opinion of them, nor does it affect our friendship in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dav22)
    Miranda isn't funny :colonhash:
    This. Have you ever seen her in Lead Balloon? She was annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.