Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LikeNarnia)
    Anyone else panicking, not just for results but for A Levels in general?

English Literature and Language - Edexcel
    French - WJEC
    Religious Studies - AQA
    EPQ - AQA
    Government and Politics - Edexcel (still undecided on that or media studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do/will do again Politics with Edexcel. I think it's really interesting and if you're good at essay (2 per exams + 4 smaller questions) you'll be fine.
    I don't know what you know about it already but you learn 4 different topics eg unit 1 Pressure Groups, Politics parties, Democracy, Electoral systems. And in the exam you are given a question on each topic BUT you only have to answer 2 questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I prefer my view. Houses, cars, streetlights, a football stadium in the background. It shows how humans have developed. Not just some grass.
    Hahaha, but don't you like the beauty of a scenic view, not some boring ugly houses? You could go for walks in the fields. Even train liek i have done in the past! And right now I can hear horses trotting along the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    Hello everyone!
    I'm restarting Year 12 so now going to be in your year Good luck for results day y'all.

I'll be doing:
    Maths (OCR)
    Business Studies (AQA)
    Psychology (OCR)
    Gov and politics (Edexcel)
    Howdy! I will also be resitting the year.
    Its soo going to be awkward making friends with people who are a year younger than us.

Im leaving my sixth - transferring to college, what about you??

ReputationRep:
    is everyone asking for script photocopies and remarks once they get back into school or are you all doing it now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    is everyone asking for script photocopies and remarks once they get back into school or are you all doing it now ?
    I'm not going back to my school :erm: I'll have to do it on GCSE results day...

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, but don't you like the beauty of a scenic view, not some boring ugly houses? You could go for walks in the fields. Even train liek i have done in the past! And right now I can hear horses trotting along the road.
    Nah I prefer a built up area. I can walk through the streets. Horses just poo everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Thank you! I certainly hope so Ah right Why didn't you? Hmm I'll probably open my envelope with my friends; but with my back faced towards them...or just right in front I guess. Nerves; it all depends on the day!
    I don't actually know I think I was more upset about my Elang results like most people! now I really wish I did!

Ah right, that's what I did too, tbh everyone was bothered about their own results so didn't really matter. Or like this year I knew I'd fail and already had a place to restart somewhere else so I pretty much shouted our my results to make everyone else feel better (DDDU).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd go for them :mad:

Anyway, what is your plan for today?
    Film studies homework I'm gonna watch Donnie Darko and review it!
    Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Haha I'm sure I will I believe I'm also going flamingoland and Alton towers within the next two weeks :awesome:
    Hahah, so you're a bit of a thrill-seeker? I am as well! The good thing about pleasure island is that the queues are never as long as at some of those bigger places so the waiting times are less

ReputationRep:
    I need to write a 1000 word essay on the greatest physicist of all time any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    Howdy! I will also be resitting the year.
    Its soo going to be awkward making friends with people who are a year younger than us.

Im leaving my sixth - transferring to college, what about you??
    Woo, someone else resitting!

Yeah that's what I'm doing too from my ex-school sixthform to a sixthform college.

Yeah, ikr that's why I'm talking to people on here, they seem alright I'm glad I'm not at restarting at my school becuase then everyone knows you're a year older. Do you know anyone going with you? There are about 6 people from my school going but only 2 of us did AS the rest did with lvl 2 courses or applied AS.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I prefer a built up area. I can walk through the streets. Horses just poo everywhere
    I do think you have a better argument than me for the reason I would like to live closer to a town tsk streets

ReputationRep:
    I do think you have a better argument than me for the reason I would like to live closer to a town tsk streets
    Easier to get to places, more places to go, more people to meet, more choice in things like schools and doctors/dentist surgeries, often cheaper transport, there's like 4 supermarkets in 30 mins walking distance of me:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Hahah, so you're a bit of a thrill-seeker? I am as well! The good thing about pleasure island is that the queues are never as long as at some of those bigger places so the waiting times are less
    No I'm not really :lol: some rides I just can't go on :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I need to write a 1000 word essay on the greatest physicist of all time any suggestions?
    EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Film studies homework I'm gonna watch Donnie Darko and review it!
    Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not too bad, the watching part.

I'm going to try so C1 Maths! Maybe a pp :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woo, someone else resitting!

Yeah that's what I'm doing too from my ex-school sixthform to a sixthform college.

Yeah, ikr that's why I'm talking to people on here, they seem alright I'm glad I'm not at restarting at my school becuase then everyone knows you're a year older. Do you know anyone going with you? There are about 6 people from my school going but only 2 of us did AS the rest did with lvl 2 courses or applied AS.
    College is a whole new world of making friends and doing exams - its so much like going to uni.
    I love the freedom and relaxing atmosphere.
    I would never have stayed at my sixth form either - its absolutely just terrible and i have been there for 6 years now.

I know 2 people allready who will be going to my college - i met them on the college thread and they seem really nice.
    Several other people from my sixth form are resitting the year and a couple of them are also coming to the college.

When is your enrolment day?? Mine is on thursday!

ReputationRep:
    That's not too bad, the watching part.

I'm going to try so C1 Maths! Maybe a pp :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's meant to be a really good film but I've never seen it so it should be fun...

And good luck with that maths..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    EPQ?
    Nah just homework. Gotta write one on the importance of the periodic table aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Easier to get to places, more places to go, more people to meet, more choice in things like schools and doctors/dentist surgeries, often cheaper transport, there's like 4 supermarkets in 30 mins walking distance of me:lol:
    I have Tesco within 10m bike ride all my friends live in the town so I'm a bit stuck here and have to go to meet them there. :/ I do agree what you say very convenient but what about noise and pollution. Also higher crime rates Can you blast you music loudly and no one mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.