Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    & it will be Murray against Nadal!!!
    Scared for a second that we wouldn't get it but yes, finally we'll see them play! What has it been 2/3 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Scared for a second that we wouldn't get it but yes, finally we'll see them play! What has it been 2/3 years?
    Yeah about 2.5 years since their last meeting in Tokyo, will be an interesting match to watch with Rafa not looking himself on clay compared to the past few years, saying that Murray's form has also deteriorated but here's hoping he puts up a good fight & we get a top quality match :top:

ReputationRep:
    Murray is getting schooled by Nadal. Something like 6-1 6-2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Murray is getting schooled by Nadal. Something like 6-1 6-2.
    6-4 7-5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    6-4 7-5
    Actually Nadal has had two long matches, so Murray might make it close but still will go down in straight sets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    6-4 7-5
    Wouldn't be surprised if it went to 3 sets with Nadal winning eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Actually Nadal has had two long matches, so Murray might make it close but still will go down in straight sets.
    I hope Murray makes it a 3 hour long match put money on Nole to win the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I hope Murray makes it a 3 hour long match put money on Nole to win the whole thing
    I think Nole will lose to Ferru. I want to see Ferrer win it.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt the Murray-Nadal match will be that entertaining. One rather average clay player against a misfiring Nadal might give a close result but i can't see the game making anybody gasp.

Looking like semi's will be Nadal vs Dimitrov and Raonic vs Djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    This is so amusing. Murray basically doing what Nadal used to do to Federer and playing slow, high and loopy shots.

ReputationRep:
    5-0 Lol!

ReputationRep:
    Great match so far despite the one sided score line

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg - Murray thrashed Rafa in the first set! Lol, never ever thought I would see that

ReputationRep:
    Would be great if he could pull of a win, but Nadal has an early lead in set 2 and is probably likely to last longer. Strange though, he (Nadal) has dropped a set in every match in Rome so far (and in the Madrid final) - definitely not the most dominant stretch he's had.

ReputationRep:
    nadal to take this set, got a feeling the third will be a close one though.

ReputationRep:
    Murray seems to be having some problems with his back so the third might not be that close

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even if nadal wins, I doubt he'd beat djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    Even if nadal wins, I doubt he'd beat djokovic.
    I'm not fully convinced he'd beat Dimitrov either - his starts have been too slow, eventually he'll come across an opponent who won't give him any such chances to get back into a match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I'm not fully convinced he'd beat Dimitrov either - his starts have been too slow, eventually he'll come across an opponent who won't give him any such chances to get back into a match
    Yeah like nishikori, if it wasn't for his back, nadal would've been blown off the court, the french open seems interesting now.

ReputationRep:
    Murray breaks back :cool: what a game, that shot to get to deuce :coma:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.