The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me
& it will be Murray against Nadal!!!

Scared for a second that we wouldn't get it but yes, finally we'll see them play! What has it been 2/3 years?
Original post by lizzy95
Scared for a second that we wouldn't get it but yes, finally we'll see them play! What has it been 2/3 years?
Yeah about 2.5 years since their last meeting in Tokyo, will be an interesting match to watch with Rafa not looking himself on clay compared to the past few years, saying that Murray's form has also deteriorated but here's hoping he puts up a good fight & we get a top quality match :top:
Reply 622
Murray is getting schooled by Nadal. Something like 6-1 6-2.
Reply 623
Original post by Roger1
Murray is getting schooled by Nadal. Something like 6-1 6-2.

6-4 7-5
Reply 624
Original post by ubi1
6-4 7-5

Actually Nadal has had two long matches, so Murray might make it close but still will go down in straight sets.
Original post by ubi1
6-4 7-5

Wouldn't be surprised if it went to 3 sets with Nadal winning eventually
Reply 626
Original post by Roger1
Actually Nadal has had two long matches, so Murray might make it close but still will go down in straight sets.

I hope Murray makes it a 3 hour long match put money on Nole to win the whole thing:colondollar:
Reply 627
Original post by ubi1
I hope Murray makes it a 3 hour long match put money on Nole to win the whole thing:colondollar:

I think Nole will lose to Ferru. I want to see Ferrer win it.
I highly doubt the Murray-Nadal match will be that entertaining. One rather average clay player against a misfiring Nadal might give a close result but i can't see the game making anybody gasp.

Looking like semi's will be Nadal vs Dimitrov and Raonic vs Djokovic.
This is so amusing. Murray basically doing what Nadal used to do to Federer and playing slow, high and loopy shots.
Reply 630
5-0 Lol!
Great match so far despite the one sided score line

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 632
omg - Murray thrashed Rafa in the first set! Lol, never ever thought I would see that
Reply 633
Would be great if he could pull of a win, but Nadal has an early lead in set 2 and is probably likely to last longer. Strange though, he (Nadal) has dropped a set in every match in Rome so far (and in the Madrid final) - definitely not the most dominant stretch he's had.
nadal to take this set, got a feeling the third will be a close one though.
Murray seems to be having some problems with his back so the third might not be that close

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if nadal wins, I doubt he'd beat djokovic.
Reply 637
Original post by ThatMadClown
Even if nadal wins, I doubt he'd beat djokovic.

I'm not fully convinced he'd beat Dimitrov either - his starts have been too slow, eventually he'll come across an opponent who won't give him any such chances to get back into a match
Original post by Krish4791
I'm not fully convinced he'd beat Dimitrov either - his starts have been too slow, eventually he'll come across an opponent who won't give him any such chances to get back into a match

Yeah like nishikori, if it wasn't for his back, nadal would've been blown off the court, the french open seems interesting now.
Murray breaks back :cool: what a game, that shot to get to deuce :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest