Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabba-ranks)
    Predictions for the 20 and 30 markers?
    I would love if the 20 marker is about limits to growth and development and the 30 marker about strategies to promote. I got a feeling one question is going to be about causes of absolute poverty and the 30 marker about the policies to reduce poverty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhassan)
    I would love if the 20 marker is about limits to growth and development and the 30 marker about strategies to promote. I got a feeling one question is going to be about causes of absolute poverty and the 30 marker about the policies to reduce poverty.
    That would literally be a dream!

ReputationRep:
    sorry but what do you mean by 9KAA, do you mean 9 points? and what is AP thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would love that because I have so many ideas on it. There is a chance because last years paper was mainly about developed countries like inequality and trade surplus and deficits and policies as well so hoping those questions on limit to growth and development will come up

ReputationRep:
    What are your main four point for promoting growth and development. For me it is Tourism, Aid, FDI and Trade Liberalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly.briggs)
    What does KAA and AP stand for?
    Sorry what do you mean by 9KAA, is that 9 points or something? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabz_luna)
    sorry but what do you mean by 9KAA, do you mean 9 points? and what is AP thanks
    KAA = Kill all armoured vehicles

AP = Armour piercing rounds, you will need this.

he's referring to the tough physical military training exam that takes place after the economics paper

Spoiler:
    Show
    Knowledge, Application, Analysis and Analysis/Application Point

ReputationRep:
    What are your main four point for promoting growth and development. For me it is Tourism, Aid, FDI and Trade Liberalisation.
    For me its Aid, Trade liberalisation, Debt cancellations and Micro-finance

ReputationRep:
    Aid, Debt relief, Microfinance and FDI because I have some good evaluation points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    For me its Aid, Trade liberalisation, Debt cancellations and Micro-finance
    Yeah good choice. What about your policies to increase international competitiveness?

ReputationRep:
    Guys struggling to find the limitations on growth and development

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah good choice. What about your policies to increase international competitiveness?
    Increase quality of goods,
    improve infrastructure however its opportunity cost,
    investing in to new capital which increases productivity,

Government can increase competitiveness through supply side policies such as increase education and training to help increase occupational mobility, privatisation,
    tax breaks for companies that would use their profits to invest rather than distribute it to shareholders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playingwell)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Primary product dependency
    Savings Gap
    Foreign exchange gap and capital flight
    Corruption, poor governance and civil wars
    Population issues; human capital inadequacies, poor infrastructure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    Increase quality of goods,
    improve infrastructure however its opportunity cost,
    investing in to new capital which increases productivity,

Government can increase competitiveness through supply side policies such as increase education and training to help increase occupational mobility, privatisation,
    tax breaks for companies that would use their profits to invest rather than distribute it to shareholders.
    Can you talk about fiscal and monetary policies such as reducing interest rates or cutting taxes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playingwell)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Primary product dependency
    Corruption of government
    Capital flight
    Savings gap
    Lack of infrastructure
    Lack of education and training

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4.2.0)
    KAA = Kill all armoured vehicles

AP = Armour piercing rounds, you will need this.

he's referring to the tough physical military training exam that takes place after the economics paper

Spoiler:
    Show
    Knowledge, Application, Analysis and Analysis/Application Point
    Fam Why are there numbers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabz_luna)
    Fam Why are there numbers??
    Fam, those indicate marks

ReputationRep:
    I pray Edexcel is kind they owe it to me after the FP2 question 6b they gave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light_bulb)
    I pray Edexcel is kind they owe it to me after the FP2 question 6b they gave.
    Don't even get me started on that damn 6b! Worst question in history. The solution for it - who would have even thought of that?! Luckily the trick question was only worth 4 marks, A* still intact (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    Pros and cons of globalisation???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.