Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why?

I'm fully against former Arsenal players coming back to Arsenal in any 1st team management capacity. Let's not sour the good memories.
    They know what they're doing, they'll be touted by Barca though too.

Klopp, Simeone or the De Boer/Bergkamp partnership for me. Anyone else and I'll be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I've got absolutely good faith in us to appoint a better choice than Moyes. I'm worried that the person might not come good but no way will he be in the same league as Moyes in terms of mediocracy.

The chosen one :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Hope you learn from our mistakes when Wenger retires

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thing is, SAF left Moyes with a dire squad (which he made worse somehow), Wenger will leave our next manager with probably the easiest job in history in footballing terms (massive transfer budget, young team with bags of potential etc). I'm more worried about the rest of the club. Wenger is in charge of absolutely everything, we're going to need a team of people to come in and take various roles to not overburden the new manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DurhamXI)
    Pardieu is the type of guy that thinks he is 'massive', still lives in the 80's and thinks he can pull his son's girlfriend.
    Tbf to him, he ****ing looks good for his age and pulls off that grey hair well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    They know what they're doing, they'll be touted by Barca though too.

Klopp, Simeone or the De Boer/Bergkamp partnership for me. Anyone else and I'll be disappointed.
    De Boer and Bergkamp should should form the management team for Arsenal because "They know what they're doing" Is that all you can say for them, what is that statement based on? There's no analysis of their tactics, no strength or weaknesses and no mention of his managerial style.

Be honest you only mentioned De Boer because Ajax are doing well and Bergkamp is an Arsenal legend. I bet you've never watched an Ajax game at all this season.

Your just mentioning names mate. You don't have a clue about who should take over, neither do I tbf but for sure I'll form a more comprehensive argument for my candidate to take over Arsenal than "They know what they're doing"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I've got absolutely good faith in us to appoint a better choice than Moyes. I'm worried that the person might not come good but no way will he be in the same league as Moyes in terms of mediocracy.

The chosen one :lol:
    Gotta say lol at people saying Moyes should manage you guys.

Fellaini should go for you guys though.

ReputationRep:
    Can't Wenger carry on doing the business stuff while your new manager concentrates on the football side of things? Probably be most beneficial for Arsenal, but might be tough/intimidating for the new manager having Wenger still controlling a lot of the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    The same Hansen that tipped Germany, Netherlands, and Portugal to reach the last 4 of the Euro 2012 despite them being in the same group?

Granted he may be better than Owen, Savage and Shearer but that doesn't make him a "good pundit" by any stretch when the other three can barely string a ****ing sentence together :rolleyes:
    Yeah this.

Matchday G is trollin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Can't Wenger carry on doing the business stuff while your new manager concentrates on the football side of things? Probably be most beneficial for Arsenal, but might be tough/intimidating for the new manager having Wenger still controlling a lot of the club.
    Wenger isn't leaving.

The seasons before this , every season he has had to sell 1-2 of our best players and continue rebuilding.

This season, when we had Ozil, wilshere, ramsey and walcott fitt, we topped the table and put in stunning displays.

Unfortunately, we lost ozil, wilshere, ramsey and walcott for vast ammounts of the season.

Wenger will stay.

I want Rudi Garcia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Tbf to him, he ****ing looks good for his age and pulls off that grey hair well.

He can keep the **** away from my daughter!

ReputationRep:
    Why Simeone? He is successful this season, but I don't see why AFC fans would want Arsenal to play his style of football. Could as well ask for Mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Why Simeone? He is successful this season, but I don't see why AFC fans would want Arsenal to play his style of football. Could as well ask for Mourinho.
    I think they mean more about how he's done well with a limited budget.

I don't think he'll suit Arsenal either though.

ReputationRep:
    If man united get klopp, I'm gonna be pissed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)

They are not getting Klopp..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    He signed a contract he's not going anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    De Boer and Bergkamp should should form the management team for Arsenal because "They know what they're doing" Is that all you can say for them, what is that statement based on? There's no analysis of their tactics, no strength or weaknesses and no mention of his managerial style.
    Well, De Boer's philosophy does fit Arsenal quite well and would add some pragmatism that AW is lacking, as it's based on possession, attacking football with high pressing.

Not sure whether he would/should stick with his Ajax formation but he plays 433. Klaassen's/De Jong's and Serero's roles would suit Özil and Ramsey respectively, perhaps even better than the current system as De Boer's is quicker in its build-up play going forward. Although it would require a high workrate as well and some defensive contribution.

For that AFC would need a better DM, a proper left winger that isn't another midfielder to rotate with Cazorla depending on the opponent, and of course a better/different striker than Giroud- i.e. all positions Arsenal need strengthening in anyway.

I think in general people want him though because he focuses on youngsters like AW, plays "aesthetic football", stays true to his system etc.

Klopp is a pipedream unless Wenger stays for another few years and AFC approach him when his contract expires, and Simeone wouldn't suit Arsenal at all in my opinion. Plus he seems rooted at Atléti.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes has gone...nooooooo
    Just means that Man Utd fans cannot accuse Arsenal of treating 4th place as a bad thing considering they sacked Moyes when 4th place became a mathematical impossibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Just means that Man Utd fans cannot accuse Arsenal of treating 4th place as a bad thing considering they sacked Moyes when 4th place became a mathematical impossibility.
    Most people are suggesting that was probably a financial thing, activating a clause which saved the club millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Most people are suggesting that was probably a financial thing, activating a clause which saved the club millions.
    Wenger would probably survive a season of not qualifying for the CL though. I get why it is important to qualify but I seem to remember Chelsea getting stick for sacking Scolari. But this is not unique at the top. Norwich sacked Hughton hoping to get something from the Fulham match by the looks of it, and the average tenure of Championship managers is quite short, because of the financial gravy train promotion gives.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.