Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I previously mentioned that I had joined but turns out I didn't for some reason.

So i'll say it again. Team Name: Just Drog It :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and with the way pre season has gone, besides Mata and Herrera, which other United midfielders will get game time? What about Young/Valencia at wing back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Oh and with the way pre season has gone, besides Mata and Herrera, which other United midfielders will get game time? What about Young/Valencia at wing back?
    young has been on amazing form these past 2 weeks - and should get lots of minutes if he keeps playing at this level.. but you always feel he is just a second away from an injury/dip in form
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Anyone got any opinions on Herrera and Markovic - I've got them because I've read in the press they've impressed but what will they be like as ff points scorers ?)
    Herrera will be playing too deep to get any serious FPL points, I think there are better options for United players & 7.5 players.

As for our wing backs, it should be Shaw on the left & Young on the right to start the season.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only options at Man Utd are De Gea, Shaw, Mata, Rooney and if you're feeling brave enough to spend 12.5 then RVP. Potentially a CB too, although I think there are better options at and around 5.5m.

Valencia and Young will most likely be squad players, and you'll have the frustration of seeing your wingers spend half the match defending and not getting clean sheet points for it.

Herrera is quite popular and I can kind of understand it given the lack of mid price midfield options, but I still think you'd be better saving 1.5m in Sigurdsson, or finding the 0.5m to get Eriksen. Think Mirallas is the same price as Herrera too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    new team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think swapping Herrera for Young is a good idea then using the extra 2 million to strengthen the rest of my squad - or should I keep him?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think swapping Herrera for Young is a good idea then using the extra 2 million to strengthen the rest of my squad - or should I keep him?
    To be honest I'm not overly impressed with Herrera - he may get decent assists but also lose a fair amount of points for cards
    Young is meh; in great form right now but to keep it up for an entire season?

I'd go for henderson instead - only 6m and he does get a decent amount of assists, playing every game too

ReputationRep:
    Like has been said, Herrera has been in great form, but Fantasy-wise he may not be overly fruitful with points. I could be wrong, but I would give it a few weeks before re-assessing his worth.
    Mirallas is the same price and is more attack-minded, but Everton have a tricky set of opening fixtures - you could try Sigurdsson at 6.0, Arnautovic (could be good and rotates with Swansea) at 6.5, or find 0.5 for Eriksen. Tadic is also 7.5 at Southampton and after their opening tricky fixture, they have a generally good run. He's their main attacking midfielder and his stats coming into the team look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    I like that. Huddlestone is a waste; Tadic and de Jong isn't what i would do. But then again i don't know much about them, but as new signings to a league it's risky?

I would say Hazard is a better option than Sanchez personally. That aside i'd do Sturridge over Diego Costa, and that is a very nice team. Krul instead of Schmeichel?

Thoughts on my team? Wanted Mannone as second keeper but struggling to find 0.5 needed for it.

Krul
    Wisdom/Bruce -- Cahill -- Baines -- Caulker
    Hazard -- Sigurdsson - Silva
    Giroud -- Rooney - Sturridge

Bench: Myhill, Wisdom/Bruce, Albrighton

ReputationRep:

Pretty happy with that line up. Might change it slightly before the season starts but not too much.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I like that. Huddlestone is a waste; Tadic and de Jong isn't what i would do. But then again i don't know much about them, but as new signings to a league it's risky?

I would say Hazard is a better option than Sanchez personally. That aside i'd do Sturridge over Diego Costa, and that is a very nice team. Krul instead of Schmeichel?

Thoughts on my team? Wanted Mannone as second keeper but struggling to find 0.5 needed for it.

Krul

Don't know.much about bruce.
    Midfield I agree with. Giroud i don't know whether he'll get much goals. also depends on where Sanchez will be played.
    And does Myhill play? Rather have two playing keepers which you can rotate. Why have you got Baines & Cahill? Both cost a lot

And fan of P.Schemicael hopefully his son is the same. Also Schemicael comes up for last minute corners so who knows. Also I already have 1 Newcastle player.
    And I got them two because they're new. Not many ppl will go for that. Also I'm going to chek Costa out if he isn't that good then going to go for Lukaku.

ReputationRep:

Krul

Alex Bruce is a poor choice, he just won't be getting any serious game time. There are better options, even at 4m that should play consistently but Bruce is definitely behind Davies, Chester and Mcguire and probably Mcshane as well so personally I would steer clear especially given Hull should be playing 4 at the back this season so the 4th or 5th centre back won't get any games if there are only 2 spaces.

ReputationRep:

Krul

May as well put Elliot in for Myhill? Then the only time you might not have a keeper is if a Newcastle game is cancelled (unlikely) or much later in the season if they do well in cup competitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Looks good, especially the forward line. Always got a good option for captain with Sanchez, Rooney and Costa.
    Personally I think I would choose Hazard over Sanchez because Sanchez is new to the league, might take time to settle in and I think Chelsea have slightly better fixtures early on. If Sanchez gets moved to striker then he is probably a must have but until Walcott gets back I can't see that happening.
    Also not sure I would choose Huddlestone because he should be playing even deeper for Hull this season with Ince and Snoddy signing and Hull just don't score many goals but he is on most set pieces so there should be a few assists. At that price Sidwell might be worth a shout or Henderson if you can find another 0.5m somewhere.
    With Caulker and Mariappa rotating you should always have 3 decent options at the back and I can't see you struggling to get 11 good players on the pitch at any point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Looks good, especially the forward line. Always got a good option for captain with Sanchez, Rooney and Costa.
    Personally I think I would choose Hazard over Sanchez because Sanchez is new to the league, might take time to settle in and I think Chelsea have slightly better fixtures early on. If Sanchez gets moved to striker then he is probably a must have but until Walcott gets back I can't see that happening.
    Also not sure I would choose Huddlestone because he should be playing even deeper for Hull this season with Ince and Snoddy signing and Hull just don't score many goals but he is on most set pieces so there should be a few assists. At that price Sidwell might be worth a shout or Henderson if you can find another 0.5m somewhere.
    With Caulker and Mariappa rotating you should always have 3 decent options at the back and I can't see you struggling to get 11 good players on the pitch at any point.
    Huddlestone would be a sub. so no point for henderson. and i'd have to get rid of costa to get hazard.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Krul

Cahill > Luis is probably the best bet if you don't want to chop and change your team. Or if you fancy a short term punt do Giroud > Jovetic.

(Original post by Qari)
    Huddlestone would be a sub. so no point for henderson. and i'd have to get rid of costa to get hazard.
    If he's a sub, why not take a 4.5 and upgrade elsewhere? E.g De Jong could become Lamela/Eriksen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Cahill > Luis is probably the best bet if you don't want to chop and change your team.

If he's a sub, why not take a 4.5 and upgrade elsewhere? E.g De Jong could become Lamela/Eriksen.
    might just do that. but i'll save the 1mil rather than spend it just in case i want to get rvp in the future

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Latest team.png
Views: 143
Size:  108.9 KB

Latest team. Got an extra 0.5 in the bank.

Players taken out from last team are:

Speroni > De Gea
    Shaw > Mertesacker
    O'Shea > Ward
    RvP > Rooney
    Dzeko > Lukaku

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Name:  Latest team.png
Views: 143
Size:  108.9 KB

Latest team. Got an extra 0.5 in the bank.

Players taken out from last team is:

Speroni > De Gea
    Shaw > Mertesacker
    O'Shea > Ward
    RvP > Rooney
    Dzeko > Lukaku
    you sure you want to go for it with 0 city players?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.