Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    It just depends on your whole application, does it not? Most successful candidates have scores of 70? Or have I made that up?
    So a score in the high 50's to mid-60's is still a strong application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthemiller)
    yes, definitely!!!

It's not your fault at all. Although I might suggest calling them at a more reasonable time?
    Ok, I will call them tomorrow in the morning from school so that the headmaster can talk to them also, maybe he can make a more convincing case than me.

Thank you for your support!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PolarBearSlayer)
    Very good score for that paper - did you find 2013 harder than other papers comparatively, especially with regards to timing? I certainly did. Took me much longer to do the first 25 than normal.

Good luck!
    It was harder, and I think I may have been a bit lucky on a couple. It certainly took me a bit longer- after checking the questions I 'starred' (Ones I wan't sure on) I only had 8 mins left, but normally have 20. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue into this year, I'll be panicky enough as it is without running out of time :P

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nich01as)
    It was harder, and I think I may have been a bit lucky on a couple. It certainly took me a bit longer- after checking the questions I 'starred' (Ones I wan't sure on) I only had 8 mins left, but normally have 20. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue into this year, I'll be panicky enough as it is without running out of time :P

Good luck to you too!
    more fun?

ReputationRep:
    In the event of absolutely just flunking the TSA tomorrow if you good predicted and quite a good standard personal statement what do you think chances of getting called to interview are ?

I have Irish Leaving Certificate predicted:
    Irish A1
    English A2
    Maths A1
    Applied Maths A1
    Biology A1
    Chemistry A1
    French B1
    History A1

all higher level. The more TSA questions I do the more worried I get !

ReputationRep:
    Me right now:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Good luck tomorrow people, I hope you all ace it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacyersh)
    Ok, I will call them tomorrow in the morning from school so that the headmaster can talk to them also, maybe he can make a more convincing case than me.
    I wish you the best of luck- I really, really hope getting to do the test works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all. Firstly I wish the best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!

I was hoping someone could read my essay and give some last minute feedback on what they thought of it? I'm happy to do the same in return
    The question is 'should the supply and use of all drugs be legalised?'
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415134588.124056.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  210.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415134600.443317.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  220.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice essay. Good examples using the events proceeding the treaty of Versailles, however, these events seem to be used as evidence from which to make sweeping generalisations about the effects of forgiveness rather than simply exemplify them. For such a broad and subjective issue, examples should be used as examples rather than evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oluwabob)
    Nice essay. Good examples using the events proceeding the treaty of Versailles, however, these events seem to be used as evidence from which to make sweeping generalisations about the effects of forgiveness rather than simply exemplify them. For such a broad and subjective issue, examples should be used as examples rather than evidence.

Thank you for the feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissapayne)
    I am applying for psychology any idea of what a good score for interview would be? good luck tomorrow everyone
    Anything 60+ will put you in a good position, although people have been interviewed with less than that

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck Everyone !

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, saved the 2013 paper for today and got 31/50. Good enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHJ1)
    Oh crap, saved the 2013 paper for today and got 31/50. Good enough?
    Supposedly 61 was the cutoff last year so yep

And if you do a less competitive subject like geography : you got it mate

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow - try to keep calm and remember to keep your eye on the clock!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm a reapplicant and I took the TSA last year. Don't panic, it all works out okay!

Secondly, for those asking about the cutoff, I applied to Catz and in their feedback they mentioned that those gaining a score of over 64 were almost always taken to interview, with those scoring between 61-64 "may have been taken to interview". I didn't revise much last year and got 63.1 or something and was taken to interview, and you're all smarter than me so don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    Guyyyysss can someone help me with question 43 2013? Has it been answered before? Are you all asleep? It's 7 am here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stacyersh)
    I go to an English school in Italy. Having read your replies, I called them and turns out they forgot to register me... The email address l I gave on my UCAS was on the school's server which has crashed several times during the last few weeks so I guess the email may have been lost. I don't know what to do now, going to Oxford was my dream... Anyway thanks for your help and advice!
    Call Oxford admissions at Oxford-UK and explain your case...maybe they'll come up with a solution or suggest some way...don't loose hope..give it a try!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.