Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    Points dropped for both Arsenal and Everton then.
    Whilst you are right that they didn't get full points I would say that a draw at Goodison is a very good result. Also Everton don't really matter to Liverpool from a competitive point of view as they will be far behind by the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Whilst you are right that they didn't get full points I would say that a draw at Goodison is a very good result. Also Everton don't really matter to Liverpool from a competitive point of view as they will be far behind by the end of the season.
    Everton threatened Arsenal's place in the top 4 last season. They will no doubt be challenging Liverpool for top 4 this season so points dropped by Everton is still a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Everton threatened Arsenal's place in the top 4 last season. They will no doubt be challenging Liverpool for top 4 this season so points dropped by Everton is still a good thing.
    Everton are not a particularly good side and when they got remotely close to the top 4 they bottled it and were 7 points off by the end. Defensively they are quite good (despite today) but going forward there are so far from the standard of the rest of the top 7 that I just can't see them being close.
    We won't know until the end of the season but I would be very surprised if Everton are within 10 points of Liverpool at the end.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Everton are not a particularly good side and when they got remotely close to the top 4 they bottled it and were 7 points off by the end. Defensively they are quite good (despite today) but going forward there are so far from the standard of the rest of the top 7 that I just can't see them being close.
    We won't know until the end of the season but I would be very surprised if Everton are within 10 points of Liverpool at the end.

Don't forget that Everton are in the Europa League this year too. Their squad isn't the biggest.

I think they'll pay more attention to Europe given how the EL winner gets a CL spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    Points dropped for both Arsenal and Everton then.
    more bothered about arsenal tbh, but always nice for everton to drop points.
    at least now united and arsenal have dropped points in their opening games.
    would gladly take a point right now from city, although at least it's good to know that a loss wouldn't put us at a big disadvantage.

considering the circumstances, a draw was good.
    but i would be disappointed in a draw away to everton this season tbh
    i know ours is different being a derby and all, however there is certainly a gulf in quality.

i don't think so this year man - everton had an exceptional campaign last season, something i don't think they'll repeat to quite the same extent.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Zerforax!

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli announced on Monday/Tuesday.

Mignolet
    Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
    Gerrard
    Coutinho------Henderson
    Sterling
    Sturridge-Balotelli

ReputationRep:
    4-3-3 suso LM end of we've won the league

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Teixeria has 2 goals in 2 games now for Brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    Balotelli announced on Monday/Tuesday.

Mignolet
    Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
    Gerrard
    Coutinho------Henderson
    Sterling
    Sturridge-Balotelli
    From SAS to BS. Has a good ring to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    No. It would be BAS, get it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    No. It would be BAS, get it right.
    Balotelli Allen Sturridge Fuark I'm ****ting my pants with Allen.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling. SBS, the next best thing to the SAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Balotelli Allen Sturridge Fuark I'm ****ting my pants with Allen.
    Might save this in case Allen scores against Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to call giroud and Sanogo?

I normally just say lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    What do you want to call giroud and Sanogo?

I normally just say lol.
    We call them GOAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We call them GOAT
    Yeah you should have a decent team when Sanchez starts. When is Wenger planning to give him his debut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We call them GOAT
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Yeah you should have a decent team when Sanchez starts. When is Wenger planning to give him his debut?
    Loooool.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Ozil's debut to be honest

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.