The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

So...after having an update at 12.55 this afternoon via email from Manpower, I was told that they had been in contact with HMPO and that they had confirmed that they dont imagine that it will be too much longer.

Fast forward to over 3 and a half hours later, and they send 2 emails telling me I have not been successful for either position I went for, although I have been assured I have been placed on a reserve list, I doubt very much whether I will be contacted by them, given my experience with their time frames.

For me guys the game is up after 12 long weeks. Good luck to the rest of you. Lots of love x
Original post by Graygray
On the reserve list :frown:

Me too. Load of crap I say. I smell a rather big rat if I am honest....
Guys if it makes you feel any better I was put on a reserve list too. I received an email 2 weeks later with an offer and now I have a start date.

There's still hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 623
Original post by missfohal
So...after having an update at 12.55 this afternoon via email from Manpower, I was told that they had been in contact with HMPO and that they had confirmed that they dont imagine that it will be too much longer.

Fast forward to over 3 and a half hours later, and they send 2 emails telling me I have not been successful for either position I went for, although I have been assured I have been placed on a reserve list, I doubt very much whether I will be contacted by them, given my experience with their time frames.

For me guys the game is up after 12 long weeks. Good luck to the rest of you. Lots of love x

Sorry to hear your news.
Yes I agree with Nokia think there is still a chance as it has taken them so long I am sure quite a few people have lost interest.
Original post by nokia8210
Guys if it makes you feel any better I was put on a reserve list too. I received an email 2 weeks later with an offer and now I have a start date.

There's still hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet you didn't have to wait 12 weeks from your initial interview to receive your rejection though haha.

Do you mind telling me what they said when they put you on the reserve list ?
I don't really 'smell a rat', it's nothing personal, there were obviously more appropriate candidates at the time. Oh well, and crack on!
Hi

I waited for 10 weeks after being told it will take 2. I experienced almost every bump you did along the way. It was hard so I know how you feel.

I was emailed and told I performed well and with my permission they would out me on a reserve list. Also they would not advertise the post of a position became available before contacting the candidates on the reserve list in merit order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Graygray
I don't really 'smell a rat', it's nothing personal, there were obviously more appropriate candidates at the time. Oh well, and crack on!

Well I do....

I have my reasons why, does not mean I am wrong.

Good luck to you
Original post by nokia8210
Hi

I waited for 10 weeks after being told it will take 2. I experienced almost every bump you did along the way. It was hard so I know how you feel.

I was emailed and told I performed well and with my permission they would out me on a reserve list. Also they would not advertise the post of a position became available before contacting the candidates on the reserve list in merit order.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does not sound like the response I got. Do you mind if I ask how long ago this happened to you ?
Hi

To all those you have started training in London, what have your experiences been so far?
Original post by Mr poster
Hi

To all those you have started training in London, what have your experiences been so far?

I have not started yet still waiting for start date
Original post by Yazdani_uk
I have not started yet still waiting for start date

Have your security and employment checks been cleared?
Hi

I will be starting on the 20th March, feeling quite excited!!
Original post by Snoopyuk33

What a relief huh, You must be excited aswell.
Have your security and employment checks been cleared?

Security checks still under progress
Original post by Snoopyuk33

What date you were told you all checks are cleared and after that how long it took them to send you a contract to sign. Looks like I will hear soon
Original post by Yazdani_uk
What date you were told you all checks are cleared and after that how long it took them to send you a contract to sign. Looks like I will hear soon

I had my checks cleared on the 20th jan, then given few starting dates I picked March because I needed 4 weeks notice from my current job
The contract was sent problably a month after I confirmed my starting date
Has anyone been placed on the reserve list and had a good outcome from it ? Likewise has anyone been put on the reserve list and not had a good outcome ?
Original post by missfohal
Has anyone been placed on the reserve list and had a good outcome from it ? Likewise has anyone been put on the reserve list and not had a good outcome ?

Yeah, I was put on the reserve list in December and I got offered a job a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply