Lancaster Offer Holders 2015 Watch

Hopefulbunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Minors Choices: where can I find which modules of first year courses are taken by minors? My first research task and I failed to find the information I need. Frustrated.
I am doing maths and might be interested in modules of unrelated subjects if there is some math content. For example engineering or economics have maths modules. I'm guessing that there must be a written list of which modules represent minors and which do not.
Hopefulbunny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amyof)
Soo annoyed! The economics lectures aren't even in the management school! I was looking forward to studying there I loved it!
More homework required. Economics is econometrics which is maths. Sounds like you want business studies which is very different. Have a word with your director of studies if the maths frightens you. He will probably tell you that you can switch after first year but check for prerequisites.
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
Minors Choices: where can I find which modules of first year courses are taken by minors? My first research task and I failed to find the information I need. Frustrated.
I am doing maths and might be interested in modules of unrelated subjects if there is some math content. For example engineering or economics have maths modules. I'm guessing that there must be a written list of which modules represent minors and which do not.
I got a list sent to me from the chemistry department all about minor modules. Type in lancaster university modules in google and a website comes up with the list of modules, you can then use the filter to get a list of just minor modules. You can choose a series of 5 modules, so i'm going to take the lec170 series.
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amyof)
Soo annoyed! The economics lectures aren't even in the management school! I was looking forward to studying there I loved it!
ahah Tell me about it Well, mine are in the management school, when i didn't think they would be, so i've choose accommodation which is so far away from it
BestWingmanEver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yellow636)
Accounting and finance
I'm doing accounting and finance too and my timetable looks like this? Is that wrong? Thanks. https://gyazo.com/59cfbd89143a707709bce63384998527
amyof
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny;[url="tel:59206695")
59206695[/url]]More homework required. Economics is econometrics which is maths. Sounds like you want business studies which is very different. Have a word with your director of studies if the maths frightens you. He will probably tell you that you can switch after first year but check for prerequisites.
Nope I am dead set on economics and always have been and have no problems with maths at all, what I'm saying is that I thought my lectures would be in the management school as it is a management subject and the department of economics is in the management school but instead in my timetable it says that my lectures are in the biology lecture theatres but I would have preferred them in the management school as it's closer to Lonsdale college and I just really liked it there 😅 Thanks for the advise though!
amyof
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
ahah Tell me about it Well, mine are in the management school, when i didn't think they would be, so i've choose accommodation which is so far away from it
haha it's so annoying isn't it? Which subject are you studying?
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BestWingmanEver)
I'm doing accounting and finance too and my timetable looks like this? Is that wrong? Thanks. https://gyazo.com/59cfbd89143a707709bce63384998527
hmm,

mine is different, I have 2 more sessions:

Mon 5 -6
Tue 9 - 10

Are you doing the EY degree or Accounting and Finance?
BestWingmanEver
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hmm,

mine is different, I have 2 more sessions:

Mon 5 -6
Tue 9 - 10

Are you doing the EY degree or Accounting and Finance?
Just Accounting and Finance as far as I'm aware =)
Yellow2914
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
maybe the time table has not updated yet?
luckbox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing accounting and finance and i have the same timetable as you
BestWingmanEver
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
maybe the time table has not updated yet?
Maybe not, I'll give it a couple more hours and see what happens!
Yellow2914
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe not, I'll give it a couple more hours and see what happens!
I am doing the EY degree, it is possible that you have to elect modules before the time table updates?
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amyof)
haha it's so annoying isn't it? Which subject are you studying?
Chemistry I also have a few lecture in fylde lecture theatres as well, i wish they would give us more of an indication before we applied to accommodation.
murr_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only four hours? I have 8 hours of lectures a week, plus workshops and labs which haven't been timetabled yet Your so lucky
Oh wow,
How'd you know you have workshop and labs?
I only have lectures (4hours in a week)

Also, because I'd be commuting daily for just an hours lecture, so reckon I should do a minor as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BestWingmanEver
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by luckbox)
I'm doing accounting and finance and i have the same timetable as you
Oh okay, thank God it's not just me
BestWingmanEver
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am doing the EY degree, it is possible that you have to elect modules before the time table updates?
Ah possibly, I'll look into it now!
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murr_x)
Oh wow,
How'd you know you have workshop and labs?
I only have lectures (4hours in a week)

Also, because I'd be commuting daily for just an hours lecture, so reckon I should do a minor as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing chemistry, so i have to sign up for them (labs) in a week and also to enrol on my minor I'm presuming you will get contacted soon about enrolling on a minor if you need to, you need 120 credits in first year, so unless your course already gives you that then you will have to do one (a minor) anyway For my minor i've chosen to do the lec170 series.
murr_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing chemistry, so i have to sign up for them (labs) in a week and also to enrol on my minor I'm presuming you will get contacted soon about enrolling on a minor if you need to, you need 120 credits in first year, so unless your course already gives you that then you will have to do one (a minor) anyway For my minor i've chosen to do the lec170 series.
Ah cool, I'm doing Psychology. My credits are 80, .. Just checked the Part 1 UG timetable for the academic year and if I do Sociology ... (Two 30 mins lectures in a week) , so I'm guessing that will equal to 120😅

Btw, I just want to confirm when enrollment day is, 27th (Registration)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murr_x)
Ah cool, I'm doing Psychology. My credits are 80, .. Just checked the Part 1 UG timetable for the academic year and if I do Sociology ... (Two 30 mins lectures in a week) , so I'm guessing that will equal to 120😅

Btw, I just want to confirm when enrollment day is, 27th (Registration)

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you move in on the 26th then registration is on the 27th Which college are you in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise