Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boop.)
    Anyone think this Fp3 is gonna be as filthy as last years paper?
    FP1 was slightly harder than standard, FP2 was slightly easier than standard. Doesn't seem like much is going on in the FP scene this year. And Edexcel don't usually do solid papers two years in a row so they'll probably have toned it down a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    FP1 was slightly harder than standard, FP2 was slightly easier than standard. Doesn't seem like much is going on in the FP scene this year. And Edexcel don't usually do solid papers two years in a row so they'll probably have toned it down a bit
    Personally I do well in hard papers and crap in easy ones (example, m3 and fp2 well not crap just crap by my standards).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Well, that one case seems like Osborn's rule applies. In a past paper I did today, you had to differentiate cothx (I think). This isn't given in the formula booklet and you were meant to use the differential of cotx, which is give,
    Unless I'm forgetting something Osborn's rule is that it there is a product or implied product of two sine terms, the corresponding hyperbolic identity would have -sinh's. That normal trig integral doesn't have a product of sines.

ReputationRep:
    If I get stuck on a "show that" question on reduction formulae/loci I'm just going to write down a bunch of working and then say "therefore *show that answer* (QED)" and hope for the best

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Unless I'm forgetting something Osborn's rule is that it there is a product or implied product of two sine terms, the corresponding hyperbolic identity would have -sinh's. That normal trig integral doesn't have a product of sines.
    The reason is because of the tan/tanh when differentiating it. It has i^2 so making it -

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Good point, I thought it applied to sin^1 as well.

ReputationRep:
    Help on q5

https://3a14597dd5c7aa2363f067571766...%20Edexcel.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Personally I do well in hard papers and crap in easy ones (example, m3 and fp2 well not crap just crap by my standards).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I prefer hard papers for sure. In S3 this year I dropped many silly marks due to poor focus or whatever, who knows, but not the "hard" marks; the high grade boundaries give leeway. I certainly don't want some ultra standard 70 A* paper tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I had planned to do June 2013 IAL now, but apparently it doesn't exist. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    I had planned to do June 2013 IAL now, but apparently it doesn't exist. :facepalm2:
    Yh only R bro. Only IAL in 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I prefer hard papers for sure. In S3 this year I dropped many silly marks due to poor focus or whatever, who knows, but not the "hard" marks; the high grade boundaries give leeway. I certainly don't want some ultra standard 70 A* paper tomorrow
    Yep agreed. Wouldn't mind a paper like last years. Easy matrices and ok vectors with hard ch 2 n 4 stuff is good for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd prefer it if matrices came up as the harder question, with a fairly difficult reduction too. I want to get vectors out of the way early on, but I doubt that'll be the case.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Probably worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 68 last year. Hopefully I improve. I'm up at 1ish to cram till the exams. S2 cramming went well so hoping for an A in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    I got 68 last year. Hopefully I improve. I'm up at 1ish to cram till the exams. S2 cramming went well so hoping for an A in that.
    Same i shudve revised yesterday but was burnt out from 5 days of like 3hr exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Same i shudve revised yesterday but was burnt out from 5 days of like 3hr exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yea. Hope STEP went well ^^ .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gome44)
    For 7a), they tell you it's in the form A*sqrt(5), divide your calc answer by square root 5 to get the answer
    WOW thank you!!! i srsly couldn't figure out how to get it, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! 🙌

ReputationRep:
    Tips for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Do I get a choice of doing s2 or fp3 first and if I do which one should I choose.

ReputationRep:
    i hope vectors is hard, and the reduction is easy if i don't get the reduction in one go, im gonna skip it so i don't panic

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2015

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.