ReputationRep:
    Any tips on how to remember acid and base titration graphs? Thanks! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  501.7 KB
    (Original post by Nautic4l)
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20110615.pdf

Can anyone help with 5 and 12 please? With explanation?
    This is how I did q5. Work out kc of both then you can see that if you square kc of the 2nd equation you get kc of the first. Hope this helps.☺️

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20110615.pdf

Can anyone help with 5 and 12 please? With explanation?
    for question 12 the answer i think is B.
    it cant be C or D as their is no chiral carbon present
    it cannot be A as the priority groups are on opposite sides so that would be an E isomer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeeraP07)
    do you happen to have a question to make the explanation a bit easier?
    Hi, so a example would be: http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20130114.pdf
    question 27)ii)

COuld you please show me your working behind it?

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any advice on the main topics to look over from AS chemistry or how much of last years course should I know for unit 4 tomorrow. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeki)
Views: 98
Size:  501.7 KB
    This is how I did q5. Work out kc of both then you can see that if you square kc of the 2nd equation you get kc of the first. Hope this helps.☺️

Brilliant. Thank you very much

(Original post by simsid)
    for question 12 the answer i think is B.
    it cant be C or D as their is no chiral carbon present
    it cannot be A as the priority groups are on opposite sides so that would be an E isomer
    Can you explain more please? Not sure how to go about those type of questions at all.

So how do you know what the priority groups are? And how did you eliminate some options? Chiral carbon has 4 different groups yeah? How do you know that from the skeletal formula?

ReputationRep:
    guys im really scared about soap making/ transesterificastion... also when they throw in random stuff like the june 2014 papr!!!

e=volume of solution */_\T* c

how was i suppoed to know you fonr convert to dmcubed!!!!!!!!!

so yeah guys do you have any resources or good techniques to do them (transesfterifcation/soap making)???

thank alot and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmenace)
    guys im really scared about soap making/ transesterificastion... also when they throw in random stuff like the june 2014 papr!!!

e=volume of solution */_\T* c

how was i suppoed to know you fonr convert to dmcubed!!!!!!!!!

so yeah guys do you have any resources or good techniques to do them (transesfterifcation/soap making)???

thank alot and good luck
    page 14 https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...er-organic.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the June 2013 R paper that would mind answering a few questions? (:

ReputationRep:

Can you explain more please? Not sure how to go about those type of questions at all.

So how do you know what the priority groups are? And how did you eliminate some options? Chiral carbon has 4 different groups yeah? How do you know that from the skeletal formula?
Views: 148
Size:  481.8 KB Hope this helps 👍👍

ReputationRep:

if you cant tell from the skeletal formula your just going to have to draw out the displayed formula.
    priority groups are the groups either side of the double bond with the highest molar mass basically (this stuff was in AS so try and find some resources if your not sure.)

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain how a buffer solution works like with an example? 😥 I feel like that's gonna be one of the questions...everything I don't know always comes up.😥 thanks ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    Has anyone done the June 2013 R paper that would mind answering a few questions? (:
    I did that paper. I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeki)
    Can anyone please explain how a buffer solution works like with an example? 😥 I feel like that's gonna be one of the questions...everything I don't know always comes up.😥 thanks ☺️
    http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/...a/buffers.html
    this is really useful.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ! ☺️😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeki)
    I did that paper. I don't mind.
    Ah ok awesome, they are quite simple questions i think but i just can't understand them aha!
    11.b.i. how do you get to 0.05?
    12.b. how do you know what the equivalence point is?
    13.b.iv. i wrote 2.4 and 4.8 and i dont really understand why both the answers are 2.4. do you measure the distance between the half lives?

thankyou! i know most of them are probably really obvious lol :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathalmcc)
Views: 148
Size:  481.8 KB Hope this helps 👍👍
    Perfect, thank you

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20110126.pdf

Questions wrt Bronsted-Lowry acid-base like Q13, what do you guys look for immediately? I always get them wrong

ReputationRep:
    At 100°C, pure water has a pH of 6, whereas at 25°C it has a pH of 7. This is because

A the dissociation of water is endothermic, so the concentration of hydrogen ions is lower at 100 °C than it is at 25 °C.
    B the dissociation of water is exothermic, so the concentration of hydrogen ions is lower at 100°C than it is at 25°C.
    C the dissociation of water is endothermic, so the concentration of hydrogen ions is higher at 100 °C than it is at 25 °C.
    D at 100 °C, water has a higher concentration of hydrogen ions than of hydroxide ions.

the answer is C but how do you know that it would be C?

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20110126.pdf

Questions wrt Bronsted-Lowry acid-base like Q13, what do you guys look for immediately? I always get them wrong
    I always look at what molecule has lost a hydrogen and which one has gained a hydrogen. the answer is A because the OH gains a CH3 group so this is not a acid base reaction

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.