Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just opted for the breadth stream, the new QM stream looks kinda weird LOL im not being their guinea pigs

ReputationRep:
    you can also swap during the start of the course, so it doesnt really matter, same goes for the economics/philsophy speciailization, you can switch that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabil6)
    I just opted for the breadth stream, the new QM stream looks kinda weird LOL im not being their guinea pigs
    Ahahahahahahahhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so let's say I choose Phil, then would they be more likely to not demand an A*??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guglpavarin)
    I really undersrtand this your (our) fear! Well, this is definitely the worst case scenario we all have to take into account, and you are the one who put it down in words first haha
    Hahaha we were all thinking it I just said it

(Original post by anonwinner)
    Obviously most people will get rejected if 700 people applied for 100 offers
    I'm aware of that mate. Point I was making was if it was a rejection on deadline day it would feel as if they never really considered our application.

(Original post by economicsrocks)
    I'm actually getting really impatient now haha :/ It would be ridiculous if they're just going to reject us- I'd rather they would just hurry up so I can move on from this waiting game!
    Same here!

(Original post by TheAnnabelle)
    Thanks so much, just had the test today! I found it harder than the sample one but I think evryone else also had trouble finishing.

ANYWAY, they told us we should hear back by the end of next week.....crossing my fingers that its good news!

Best of luck with your decision too!!!!!!
    You're welcome. I thought mine was soo hard and I had to guess the last 10 because I ran out of time but I ended up getting a 68.6 so I'm sure you will have smashed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hullahoops)
    Okay, so let's say I choose Phil, then would they be more likely to not demand an A*??
    Yes, if you choose economics your offer would definitely contain an A* with it having to be in maths...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg why havent we heard

ReputationRep:
    Mine says " Currently being processed by Admissions " :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Almost half a year later and I still haven't heard anything :/

ReputationRep:
    There will be replies soon for all of you!
    I got mine 12 hours ago, wasn't good news tho, it was a rejection unfortunately.
    Wish you all would get the offer you're hoping for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super432)
    There will be replies soon for all of you!
    I got mine 12 hours ago, wasn't good news tho, it was a rejection unfortunately.
    Wish you all would get the offer you're hoping for!
    Got rejected too. I think that is happening what someone had assumed would have happened. That is to say they have virtually sent out all the offers and they are now gradually sending out the rejections to the remaining applicants..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bostom)
    Got rejected too. I think that is happening what someone had assumed would have happened. That is to say they have virtually sent out all the offers and they are now gradually sending out the rejections to the remaining applicants..
    Hope that's not the case!

My portal status still hasn't changed lol, I might ring them later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soder1996)
    45 Points Ib, 4 higher level subjects, stellar extracurriculars (Stanford course in Leadership/philosphy, member of european youth parliament, management position at third largest sailing academy in country etc...); prejected on friday the 13th

Do you think my PS was too bad or is there something else behind this? I'm honestly a bit surprised.

A couple of months ago I actually considered UCL as my safe school... Oh how naive
    Wow you are scaring the **** out of me right now 😭

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by UCL but not too fussed...I was planning to withdraw my offer anyway. Good luck to all of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And the profecy was eventually found to be true...the remaining applicants were gradually kicked out

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected without even being offered a stream choice email! :lolwut:

Anyway im ok since I have other offers but a bit annoyed I waited this long....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even got the stream email yet - I think the chances of getting an offer now are pretty slim, oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soder1996)
    45 Points Ib, 4 higher level subjects, stellar extracurriculars (Stanford course in Leadership/philosphy, member of european youth parliament, management position at third largest sailing academy in country etc...); rejected on friday the 13th

Do you think my PS was too bad or is there something else behind this? I'm honestly a bit surprised.

A couple of months ago I actually considered UCL as my safe school... Oh how naive
    You don't need UCL to succeed. I also got rejected with similar stats. Working hard will get you where you want to be regardless of your uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haza2012)
    I haven't even got the stream email yet - I think the chances of getting an offer now are pretty slim, oh well
    Same situation here. However, calmly hoping for last bunch of acceptances... we will hear soon. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guglpavarin)
    Same situation here. However, calmly hoping for last bunch of acceptances... we will hear soon. That's all.
    Yeah hoping that they were rejecting, and we will be the last batch of acceptances, but got Durham anyway

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.