Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Received a Durham offer for Geography a few days ago. A fair few others applied for Geog at my school too and don't have offers yet so do not worry if so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Anyone heard back for English yet? Applied on the 12th October so quite a while ago - but I don't know how slow the English dept are at giving out offers :/ Thx
    Hi I applied on the 12th too and got an offer for English Lit on Thursday (5 Nov)! I'm doing the IB and am an international student - not sure if that would make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my History application 3 weeks ago and it hasn't yet been acknowledged by Durham, should I be concerned? I've received acknowledgement emails from each of my other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncar)
    Hi I applied on the 12th too and got an offer for English Lit on Thursday (5 Nov)! I'm doing the IB and am an international student - not sure if that would make a difference?
    OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! You must be over the moon (I know I would)!!! Is Durham your first / second choice?
    I've applied for English too and I'm also doing the IB! If you don't mind me asking what were you predicted and what offer did Durham give you?

ReputationRep:
    I am! I felt so good the entire day ^_^ It's my first choice I think (I've applied to Oxford too haha) cuz I think I would choose Durham over Oxford (not sure I would enjoy the environment) but highly doubt I'd even get the Oxford offer. My PG is 42 and the offer I got was a 38 which is their standard!

ReputationRep:
    oh thank god they didn't give you a higher offer cos your prediction is high!! Did they ask for specific grades in your HL subjects? Oh and what college have you applied to?
    Hahaha I've applied to Oxford too! I'm in the exact same mindset as you, that is, I think I would choose Durham over Oxford... I love Durham so so much! After sitting the ELAT I'm not sure if I'll be called to interview...I think it brought me down.... I really hope that I've done enough for an interview! How did you find the ELAT?
    Congrats again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    oh thank god they didn't give you a higher offer cos your prediction is high!! Did they ask for specific grades in your HL subjects? Oh and what college have you applied to?
    Hahaha I've applied to Oxford too! I'm in the exact same mindset as you, that is, I think I would choose Durham over Oxford... I love Durham so so much! After sitting the ELAT I'm not sure if I'll be called to interview...I think it brought me down.... I really hope that I've done enough for an interview! How did you find the ELAT?
    Congrats again!!
    Omg I know right the whole wanting a high PG but hoping for a lower offer thing>.< My specific grades were 666 at HL including English but that's it! I applied to Worcester for Oxford - the ELAT was ok for me not as good as I wanted it to be but probably not too bad (I hope).
    Are you in the UK? I'm deciding whether or not it's worth the airfare to go to the UK for the interview when I might not even want the offer >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparster)
    Received a Durham offer for Geography a few days ago. A fair few others applied for Geog at my school too and don't have offers yet so do not worry if so.
    Are you an international

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    Are you an international
    No. I live in England, did GCSEs, did AS levels and am doing A2s. So no I am a standard UK applicant so yeah kinda surprising to get an offer so quick but as I said, many don't.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations - what are your predicted grades and when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats!! I think international applicants hear sooner as a general rule, which is great for you! Thanks for getting back to me...at least I know they're reading the applications :P fingers crossed now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eviepeviepudding)
    Congratulations - what are your predicted grades and when did you apply?
    Averaged 93% in my UMS but predicted either A* A A or A* A* A which I am fine with. I applied around 3 weeks ago. Got an offer for A A A which I am dead happy with. Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    Averaged 93% in my UMS but predicted either A* A A or A* A* A which I am fine with. I applied around 3 weeks ago. Got an offer for A A A which I am dead happy with. Thanks man
    That's amazing - are you going for Bsci or BA?

ReputationRep:
    Omg I know right the whole wanting a high PG but hoping for a lower offer thing>.< My specific grades were 666 at HL including English but that's it! I applied to Worcester for Oxford - the ELAT was ok for me not as good as I wanted it to be but probably not too bad (I hope).
    Are you in the UK? I'm deciding whether or not it's worth the airfare to go to the UK for the interview when I might not even want the offer >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh Worcester is nice! Which Durham college have you chosen?
    Im from an international school in Athens, Greece. What about you?
    I would go to the UK if I was invited for an interview. The flights will be so expensive cos they'll notify us at the last minute!!

Where else have you applied to? Congrats on your Durham offer again!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eviepeviepudding)
    That's amazing - are you going for Bsci or BA?
    Uhhhhhh BA I believe?? Honestly don't even know anymore.. is that bad xD Physical Geog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Hey congrats!! I think international applicants hear sooner as a general rule, which is great for you! Thanks for getting back to me...at least I know they're reading the applications :P fingers crossed now
    I really hope that's true, I'm an international applicant and Durham's probably my first choice (stuck between Durham and Exeter right now, I'm visiting Exeter next month) so hearing back from them soon would be so relieving!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer this Tuesday for engineering. But don't get why it's A*A tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    I really hope that's true, I'm an international applicant and Durham's probably my first choice (stuck between Durham and Exeter right now, I'm visiting Exeter next month) so hearing back from them soon would be so relieving!
    Ah ok well they're both great unis...best of luck x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    when should i expect a acknowledgement email?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA
    Where from: Sussex
    AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Further Maths, Electronics, Computing (dropped into A2)
    AS/A2 grades: AAAAB
    Course applying for: Theoretical Physics (MPhys)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.