Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    We should reduce foreign aid massively
    I say cut it all and write off any debts that have already been paid off in terms of interest :P perhaps that's a bit naive though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I find it to be pretty average.
    Yeah, I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed about it. When I go home I still see people from my old sixth form hanging out in Nandos, after 3 years :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    If we all loved the same sex, then the human race would become extinct
    But we don't, so we don't need to worry about that?

To conclude that argument is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovefantasy)
    A complete uniformed and ignorant view but is it needed? What does the royal family even do? Why are we paying for them to do nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are our culture its enough that our stately homes are being bought up by Russian oligarchs must we also lose the royals?

Actually we pay for very few of them these days and they bring in FAR FAR more than they take, if nothing else they do wonders for the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    But we don't, so we don't need to worry about that?

To conclude that argument is pathetic.
    exactly

by their same line of reasoning you could say being a man is bad because if we were all men the population would be extinct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    exactly

by their same line of reasoning you could say being a man is bad because if we were all men the population would be extinct
    You are intelligent, I like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    You are intelligent, I like you.
    :beard:

ReputationRep:
    For real butter I agree but I have a taste for margarine... What do think of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope sorry...slightly better than butter but still wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin-9970)
    nope sorry...slightly better than butter but still wouldn't
    Is this really your MOST CONTROVERSIAL view? Butter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First of all I have never met a person who was not vegetarian that had the entire all animals are equal view. Second, at least I think, it isn't so much that people offended by the thought of eating cats and dogs, they are offended by the though of eating their cat or dog or their friends cat or dog....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People are disgusted by the idea. I am not. Obviously this doesn't apply to your pets, but I would find it totally acceptable if people started consuming dog or cat meat as a sustainable source of protein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Why would you want that?
    Just seems logical to me.

Also, just bear in mind the title of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    People who go on to higher education generally earn more. Given that, why shouldn't they pay for their education?
    They should pay for it afterwards. You know, when some people might actually start having money for once in their life?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This

ReputationRep:
    I am in favor of capital punishment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemer)
    Not that controversial, plenty of stupid people like Nigel Farage
    In terms of fringe parties he's far better than Natalie Bennett and her ludicrous party full of idealists

ReputationRep:
    I hate dogs.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are yours? I think its actually a good thing that my most controversial view is about butter...although I wouldn't call it controversial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    People are disgusted by the idea. I am not. Obviously this doesn't apply to your pets, but I would find it totally acceptable if people started consuming dog or cat meat as a sustainable source of protein.
    2 main reasons for this I believe.

The first reason just being that people are often more emotional than logical, so as such many people would rather not listen to the logic because just the thought of eating cats or dogs triggers a negative emotional reaction in many people.

The second reason, is that we tend to not eat carnivores (not including fish). Someone explained why once, I've forgotten what the big deal about it was. But it's a reason apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    2 main reasons for this I believe.

The first reason just being that people are often more emotional than logical, so as such many people would rather not listen to the logic because just the thought of eating cats or dogs triggers a negative emotional reaction in many people.

The second reason, is that we tend to not eat carnivores (not including fish). Someone explained why once, I've forgotten what the big deal about it was. But it's a reason apparently.
    Well carnivores are nearer the top of food chains so are normally less in number. Drop in their population can cause massive propellers for the ecosystems they live in. That applies if you hunt them from the wild.

ALos they are harder to farm since they can't just eat say grass.

Some possible reasons :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    I hate dogs.
    Why? Past experiences?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.