Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last day before the exam!

Best of luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Under 24 hours to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    What do you do if you write more than the lines they give you? Is there an additional answer booklet there if required? It's because I have large writing not that I'm writing too much :/
    Yes just put up your hand and ask for more paper if you need it. Someone should come over to you and give you more.

ReputationRep:
    how long is the critical period?
    0-3 years
    or 3/4 months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    how long is the critical period?
    0-3 years
    or 3/4 months?
    It's up to three years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Hey what can i put in for WMM evaluation?
    The central executive is too simple. For example, a brain damage patient could successfully problem solve, however had trouble making decisions. This suggests that the central executive has different stores.
    An advantage is that is it supported with research such as the dual task method by baddeley and hitch. People could successfully carry out reasoning tasks and simultaneously recite numbers. This shows that there are two separate stores to do these tasks (P.L and visuo spatial sketch pad)

ReputationRep:
    Got lots f evidence
    Can help us in identifying schizophrenic people
    Most of the studies had a low ecological validity
    They used case studies, so it is unique to a specific person also information was from retrospective data which it's not always true
    It is modern and a continuing developing model
    Vague role of central executive
    Little information about Long term memory
    It explains process better than MSM

(remember to elaborate)

ReputationRep:
    Weakness: Central Executive is simplistic and vague. The model itself doesn't really explain what the central executive is, apart from being involved in attention.
    Strength: Shallice and Warrington support WWM due to KF's study of a brain damaged patient impaired STM, his problem was that immediate recall of words was presented verbally but not visually. This suggests that he had an impaired articulatory loop and this is evidence supporting WMM.

If anyone has anymore, please feel free to add some.

ReputationRep:
    I think the strange situation will be the 12 marker

In the multi store model I only talk about SM, STM and LTM and outiline the differences in encoding, capacity and duration. Is that enough for A01 or do I need to talk about research evidence from Peterson, Baddley and Barrick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)

cultural variations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    It's up to three years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Proph! Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    I'm not sure strange situation on it's own can be a 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Thanks Proph! Good luck to you!
    Good luck! I sat my AS last year and got an A. Let me know if you need anymore help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    Last year, the question was 'Write a non-directional hypothesis for this experiment'. My answer was 'The number of letters encoded will differ for that letters sound the same and letters that do not sound the same'. I got 0/2 marks as I but encoded and not recalled (which I crossed out!).
    Because you didn't operational your variables, yes the DV is encoding but the DV operationalised is the number of letters recalled.

My tip would be when writing hypotheses, don't forget to operationalise the variables and to be critical, that is an extremely muddled answer - why not keep it simple by saying: there will be a difference in the letters recalled in list one and list two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    I'm not sure strange situation on it's own can be a 12 marker?
    My teacher said it can and it's never been up..

ReputationRep:
    What are extraneous variables how would you identify one if it asked you and how would it be extraneous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Because you didn't operational your variables, yes the DV is encoding but the DV operationalised is the number of letters recalled.

My tip would be when writing hypotheses, don't forget to operationalise the variables and to be critical, that is an extremely muddled answer - why not keep it simple by saying: there will be a difference in the letters recalled in list one and list two.
    Yep. Like I said I needed to put 'recalled' instead of 'encoded'.

Yeah, that is a better way of putting it. Although I don't think it affects the marks if its shorter/longer.

ReputationRep:
    There are pastpapers from 2009! I had no idea lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    What do you do if you write more than the lines they give you? Is there an additional answer booklet there if required? It's because I have large writing not that I'm writing too much :/
    You need to ask for additional paper and write on your answer e.g 'continued on sheet' and on the sheet mark e.g. 'question 2a continued'. You mustn't write off of the answer lines as the exam board clip down the pages and your work may be lost. Also if you do not state that you have used additional paper they will not look for it. I usually ask for paper at the beginning of every exam just in case Good luck ! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    What are extraneous variables how would you identify one if it asked you and how would it be extraneous
    Extraneous variables are anything which would affect the results of a study. Basic example include the temperature of the room, any background noises etc. Basically, you want the conditions of a study to be as normal as possible, if you did a study in a really really warm room, then the temperature of the room may affect the participants, rather than the independent variable.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.