Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5 Watch

• View Poll Results: Who wins this mother****er?
    Mayweather - Decision
    34.29%
    Mayweather - KO/TKO
    7.62%
    Pacquiao - Decision
    16.19%
    Pacquiao - KO/TKO
    33.33%
    Draw
    2.86%
    The fight doesn't happen
    5.71%

ReputationRep:
    There isn't going to be a rematch and both of them are past their prime so we will never know who really would have won (May imo).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    How many times more did the fraud Pacquiao "earn" last Saturday than Maidana in his first fight with Floyd?
    He isn't a fraud. All he needed was a legal injection on his arm to numb the pain caused by a severely torn rotator cuff. Had he got that, we would have seen a proper fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    IMO, i think we need to wait for a fully-fit manny to fight floyd. Ideally it should have been a prime manny fighting him, but in the last fight, i had it at 7-5 to mayweather , and that was a one-armed manny fighting with a severely torn rotator cuff. Mayweather is a counter puncher, so his injuries do not matter imo, and in addition, he definitely did not have a severely torn rotator cuff.

I want fully fit manny and a fully fit mayweather fighting again. Or history will put a big question mark.

Also, lols at finding five rounds for Manny. He won the 4th and 6th. Arguments could be made for 9 and 10. I gave him 9 but Floyd definitely got the better of him in the 10th. You're starting to sound like a broken record. The best version of Manny will almost always lose to the best version of Floyd.

ReputationRep:
    One week later and this thread is still going..

Give it up guys. No rematch and no controversy IMO. Manny was poor on the night barring two rounds and injured or not, failed to really give it his best shot. Floyd, rightly, was sticking to what he knew best and got the win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    I still haven't seen the fight, but I have seen the highlights and even they were boring. I really do feel sorry for the non boxing fans who decided to give it a go. The advertisers conned them really with the 'fight of the century' talk. It was a case of false advertising because anyone who's seen Floyd box before knew the one thing he wouldn't let it be was a fight.
    I don't feel sorry for paying viewers, bloody mugs lol

In all seriousness, it damages boxing's image. Everyone is flocking to UFC and boxing is struggling to maintain any relevance in the mainstream. It's a business more than a sport - fights are hand picked, deals done by slimey people in suits, normal folks are outpriced, then on the night corrupt/incompetent judges can blow everything out the water. Boxing needs all the help it can get. I miss the days of Tyson, Eubank, Roy Jones even Nas. Those were exciting times. I use to love following Calzaghi. I lost interest around about then - pretty easy when you have dishonourable foul mouthed idiots like Mayweather around. I respect his skills but I don't like watching him fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I don't feel sorry for paying viewers, bloody mugs lol

In all seriousness, it damages boxing's image. Everyone is flocking to UFC and boxing is struggling to maintain any relevance in the mainstream. It's a business more than a sport - fights are hand picked, deals done by slimey people in suits, normal folks are outpriced, then on the night corrupt/incompetent judges can blow everything out the water. Boxing needs all the help it can get. I miss the days of Tyson, Eubank, Roy Jones even Nas. Those were exciting times. I use to love following Calzaghi. I lost interest around about then - pretty easy when you have dishonourable foul mouthed idiots like Mayweather around. I respect his skills but I don't like watching him fight.
    In fairness there's always been the slimy people in suits, people ducking each other and hometown decisions but the sport has always survived. But now like you say fight fans have an alternative in the UFC. Although I understand that sport has inept judges too and the star of the UFC recently failed a drug test so that sport's not perfect either.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to drag this thread up but this piece caught my eye.

Maybe easier to judge with multiple replays but in real-time, felt Floyd was doing the more accurate work.

ReputationRep:
    people who say "boxing is dying go ufc and get horny" bla bla are part of the same problem who pretend they hate floyd then are like boooom yeah yeah cash cow TMT4 LYFE. Last month we had provodnikov vs matyhsee(sp) which was beast, DONT HELP CREATE A STAR IF YOU HATE HIM WINNING. Floyd is boring af because he is a defensive genius and he doesnt get horny over having his jaw wacked (froch hello). Best fighters are those who get hit the least. Saying that **** floyd lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.