Northern Ireland!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 621
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Northern Ireland!

How did I not know that before?!?!?! :biggrin:

Its only 3 hours drive for me so im definitely going!
I'm sure there will be a lot of people who arnt though...
xarcul
How did I not know that before?!?!?! :biggrin:

Its only 3 hours drive for me so im definitely going!
I'm sure there will be a lot of people who arnt though...

Cool, have fun at the open day. I really have to get off here and do some more revision for the big biology exam tomorrow!
Reply 623
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Cool, have fun at the open day. I really have to get off here and do some more revision for the big biology exam tomorrow!

Same here! I only came on to mark a past paper and now look what I'm doing......
xarcul
Same here! I only came on to mark a past paper and now look what I'm doing......

Yup, that's exactly what I did. Came on for a mark scheme, and then went from hotmail, to facebook, to TSR. Getting an offer from Cambridge is very distracting I've found.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Tommm, wtf is additional further maths??! Sounds ridiculously complex.

On Edexcel, if you do Maths and Further Maths (which contain lots of optional modules), there are still 6 modules left. If you do all these, they give you another A-level :borat:
schnargle
I know about freshers' week

Do tell :smile:
tommm
On Edexcel, if you do Maths and Further Maths (which contain lots of optional modules), there are still 6 modules left. If you do all these, they give you another A-level :borat:

Did your teachers teach you the extra modules, or did you self teach them? All that maths must have helped a lot at the interview.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Did your teachers teach you the extra modules, or did you self teach them?

I taught myself everything beyond C1 and C2.

All that maths must have helped a lot at the interview.

They did ask me some stuff that couldn't really be done without having done M3, but it did help a lot having the experience.
tommm
I taught myself everything beyond C1 and C2.

They did ask me some stuff that couldn't really be done without having done M3, but it did help a lot having the experience.

Wow, that is impressive. The interviewers must have been in shock when they seen your application! Plus you had the STEP already done, and got a 1,S !! Some amazing people got into Cambridge, it makes me wonder how I managed. Our school only does C1 and C2, but the people who wanted to do Maths, even though they were quite intelligent, didn't bother doing further maths, and still applied to the likes of Warwick and LSE.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Awk, feelin' left out? At least you don't have loads of exams to do! :woo:

When are you going back to Borneo? Isn't that the island with dinosaurs on it?:curious:

I... don't think we have dinosaurs, or ever did. We did have headhunters though, and we still have the odd orangutan. :awesome: I'm going back on Wednesday.

And I won't feel left out at all in June when you guys actually have to do those exams :h:
schnargle
I... don't think we have dinosaurs, or ever did. We did have headhunters though, and we still have the odd orangutan. :awesome: I'm going back on Wednesday.

And I won't feel left out at all in June when you guys actually have to do those exams :h:

Actually, I have exams all this week. I had biology today, and have 3 more this week. At least I'll be safe and cosy behind my desk either revising or doing an exam, while you will be crammed into a tin can, filled with other people's farts, hurtling through the air at 500 Mph 5000 feet in the sky. :cool:

No dinosaurs? Then where did they film the Jurassic Park saga? Hmmm? You must have had them at some point I reckon.
tommm
Do tell :smile:

I don't know much and pretty much all of it can be found online, but:

- There's some sort of matriculation ceremony where we officially become members of the university, where we wear gowns and everything. Then we get an awesome dinner with other people in our subject and the Fellows.

- Random societies go around soliciting freshers to get them to sign up, and some of them throw parties.

- We get second-year college parents to help us settle in, and (I think) a college sibling who's another fresher. Since Sidney's pretty small there's apparently a lot of incest involved. :awesome:

On a completely unrelated note, it is SO BRILLIANT to be able to say 'us'. We're so close to being there! (And I can say 'we' - there's no way you guys won't make your offer, unless you somehow forget to show up to your exams or something.)
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Actually, I have exams all this week. I had biology today, and have 3 more this week. At least I'll be safe and cosy behind my desk either revising or doing an exam, while you will be crammed into a tin can, filled with other people's farts, hurtling through the air at 500 Mph 5000 feet in the sky. :cool:

No dinosaurs? Then where did they film the Jurassic Park saga? Hmmm? You must have had them at some point I reckon.

I thought Jurassic Park was filmed in Hawaii? :curious: Definitely not Borneo though, we're not interesting enough for that. And we hardly have any people, let alone dinosaurs.

I plan to sleep my way through the entire flight apart from meals, so I'm not too bothered about it. I'd forgotten you guys have January exams - you're so lucky to have modules. We had to do EVERYTHING in three weeks. :eek:
schnargle
I thought Jurassic Park was filmed in Hawaii? :curious: Definitely not Borneo though, we're not interesting enough for that. And we hardly have any people, let alone dinosaurs.

I plan to sleep my way through the entire flight apart from meals, so I'm not too bothered about it. I'd forgotten you guys have January exams - you're so lucky to have modules. We had to do EVERYTHING in three weeks. :eek:

Everything in 3 weeks?? Pfff...sounds easy enough. Imagine having to sit exams for weeks and weeks on end! It confines you to a regime of regular revision and boredom. I sometimes open my Cambridge prospectus and look at the pretty pictures for motivation. :biggrin:
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Everything in 3 weeks?? Pfff...sounds easy enough. Imagine having to sit exams for weeks and weeks on end! It confines you to a regime of regular revision and boredom. I sometimes open my Cambridge prospectus and look at the pretty pictures for motivation. :biggrin:

...I'm not getting into this argument again. :p:
schnargle
...I'm not getting into this argument again. :p:

Fine, don't.... you know you will lose anyway.:p:
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Fine, don't.... you know you will lose anyway.:p:

:mad:
schnargle
:mad:
:mad: :mad:
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
:mad: :mad: