nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Never heard of zizzi either, never been the pizza express. Pizzas are meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both, along with Nandos, are rather bland and over expensive chain restaurants. Used to like them somewhat but i'm not really sure how they can justify their prices for some mediocre food
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
The Taxpayers surely won't mind. Everyone loves a bit of Nandos. Well, apart from Vegetarians. And Chickens. And weird people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eh, for what you get it's stupidly overpriced, so I can't say that I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Eh, for what you get it's stupidly overpriced, so I can't say that I love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty good.going as things go:

talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)

But it's not about the actual food, it's about the experience.
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by talentedlobster)
But it's not about the actual food, it's about the experience.
The post I responsed to mentioned overpricing, I was just pointing out how much worse it can be.

Also, the food is the most fundamental 'experience' in a restaurant. What other experiences do you look forward to?
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

That does of course not state how much goes on the land rent, paying the chefs ect. But it's also ignoring the middle man markups... So I guess it balances out.
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The post I responsed to mentioned overpricing, I was just pointing out how much worse it can be.

Also, the food is the most fundamental 'experience' in a restaurant. What other experiences do you look forward to?
There are always great experiences, such as, listening in to the conversation of the drunk guy on the table opposite you, trying to suppress your laughter when one of the waiters drops a whole stack of plates, going to the toilet at least 3 times within 1 hour and so much more.

And that's why takeaways is a thing given to us by the devil.
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
That does of course not state how much goes on the land rent, paying the chefs ect. But it's also ignoring the middle man markups... So I guess it balances out.
Perhaps TSR's resident statistician could draw up a table of some kind to work it out for us
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why does anyone really care that the SNP, an ANTI - UK party, might have some influence in government? Northern Ireland is ruled with an anti-UK party in coalition.

Oh, and the SDLP have lied to the public, after proudly declaring they will refuse the pay rise, they have sneakily taken it.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Why does anyone really care that the SNP, an ANTI - UK party, might have some influence in government? Northern Ireland is ruled with an anti-UK party in coalition.

Oh, and the SDLP have lied to the public, after proudly declaring they will refuse the pay rise, they have sneakily taken it.
Possibly due to the number of MPs the SNP could have. The fact that they could affect England, Wales and N.I as well as Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps TSR's resident statistician could draw up a table of some kind to work it out for us
Well it seems that because they prefer using teens as it's cheaper the average pay is £5.96 per hour and they can make 10 pizzas an hour.

Average rent for land is £11.90 per square foot per month, obviously more in London, and the average store size is 21x19 foot which is 399 square foot. £4748.1 per month if you assume it's open all day every day and that's £158 per day or £6.85 per hour (more then their staff make:eek:) so add those two together to get £12.91 per hour which means that £1.29 goes on staff and land. Making your margarita pizza mark up 492% to go on upper management...
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well it seems that because they prefer using teens as it's cheaper the average pay is £5.96 per hour and they can make 10 pizzas an hour.

Average rent for land is £11.90 per square foot per month, obviously more in London, and the average store size is 21x19 foot which is 399 square foot. £4748.1 per month if you assume it's open all day every day and that's £158 per day or £6.85 per hour (more then their staff make:eek:) so add those two together to get £12.91 per hour which means that £1.29 goes on staff and land. Making your margarita pizza mark up 492% to go on upper management...
And how much for utilities? Marketing? etc... Also is this not wrong? It seems wrong but then again you have laid it out as a sentence not properly.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
And how much for utilities? Marketing? etc... Also is this not wrong? It seems wrong but then again you have laid it out as a sentence not properly.
I tried and failed to find those figures, because they don't seem to be published although arguably they don't need marketing and if we are just looking at the pizza you only care how much it was to make nothing else.

and is what wrong???
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Compare with other take outs, (chippies, chicken etc.) Of all the takeouts pizza always has the biggest markup
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They got Birkenhead. Wow.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Do spill please.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Do spill please.
Check out the Speaker's Statement.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Woah. Who would have thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Woah. Who would have thought?
Today's seen some big changes in your party. Imagine if Birkenhead had won the leadership and then got immediately removed triggering a new election. Now that would've been hectic.

This unfortunate news rather centres your party though, no?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Today's seen some big changes in your party. Imagine if Birkenhead had won the leadership and then got immediately removed triggering a new election. Now that would've been hectic.

This unfortunate news rather centres your party though, no?
Yup. Today has been a big day for the Party. Nothing too much for us to handle though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads