Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi anyone hear back from Newcastle yet?. Or Queen Margaret university Edinburgh? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxies)
    half of applicants receive an interview. The written/listening don't count for as much as the other parts I don't think.
    There's one group interview - which is a bit hard since it's around 4 people, sometimes it's easier if there's more people. Then just 2 one to ones, I thought one was easier than the other. A lot of people really liked Leeds interview from what I've heard, I felt ill on the day and some of the questions were quite difficult I thought, but it's mainly about you, that's why it's hard because it really makes you think. Then I think you might find it really nice and easy like a lot of people did.
    I haven't heard anything from them at all, I'm hoping for at least one offer from them or DMU as they have lower entry requirements than MMU (which I love) but MMU are my only current offer.
    So good luck, I'm sure you'll be lucky and find Leeds easy and relaxing like everyone I've spoken to seemed to...lol.
    Hii do u hv ny hints/tips 4 the Leeds interview as that would b much appreciated! Thank you 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxies)
    I heard back in about a week, but do not worry if you haven't, I haven't heard anything from DMU or Leeds at all..........I think they must wait until the end of all interviews for a lot....and getting one offer is a fat lot of good if it's the highest entry requirements and only one. Plus if you were born in 98 you have so much time :flip:
    Hiii- how was ur interview @ Leeds. Im just confused as to the format of the interview and what the topic of the group discussion will be about etc. Which components are really difficult? I would really appreciate any tips/advice and whether u think I shud prepare anything beforehand. Thank you so much! 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    Yeah I have an offer for DMU and have had interviews for Leeds Beckett, City and Birmingham City... Still waiting other from then though.

UOM is AAB and I'm predicted ABB which to be honest is going to be a struggle to get itself as I only got ABC at AS... I'm surprised I even got an interview at UOM let alone an offer! Just got to knuckle down haha
    Good luck Im sure you'll be able to get the grades if you try your best! Do you hv ny hints/tips for the Leeds interview? How long did it last and was it difficult? Also, is it worth preparing for this interview? Thank you for your help.🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer36)
    Good luck Im sure you'll be able to get the grades if you try your best! Do you hv ny hints/tips for the Leeds interview? How long did it last and was it difficult? Also, is it worth preparing for this interview? Thank you for your help.🙂
    Thanks
    Have you had any other interviews? I really liked Leeds, there was a written part and a few mini interviews but the content of it all was very similar to what I needed to other interviews, so there's not really any extra things you have to prepare for, just the usual personal experience and knowing what the course is about really
    Keep calm, good luck, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    Thanks
    Have you had any other interviews? I really liked Leeds, there was a written part and a few mini interviews but the content of it all was very similar to what I needed to other interviews, so there's not really any extra things you have to prepare for, just the usual personal experience and knowing what the course is about really
    Keep calm, good luck, you'll be fine
    Thank you and yeah at Uni of Manchester but I got rejected.😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcc0810)
    Hi anyone hear back from Newcastle yet?. Or Queen Margaret university Edinburgh? Xx
    I heard back from Newcastle at the beginning of February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aria Abc)
    I heard back from Newcastle at the beginning of February
    Thanks, I only just add Newcastle as a late choice 2 weeks ago. They asked me to send off all my qualifications to them, but not hear anything back yet. Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Congrats! And good luck for MMU interview - when is that?

I had to pick between both Manchester unis too lol
    11th March, the day before my birthday.

At first I was really put off by the idea of Manchester because I did my PhD and Master's here - the idea of another four years was making me feel as though I'd never escape! But I really enjoyed the interview. It was my first time doing an interview in the MMI format and I found the approach interesting and the questions a bit tricky (in a good way). On reflection, studying in a uni I'm familiar with doesn't seem like a bad thing, and as the course is less intensive than the two-year postgrad option I'd be able to work and pursue more outside interests - I want to write my PhD thesis up into a book and I really doubt I'd have time for that on an SLT Master's. MMU and Essex may make the decision for me by not giving me offers, but if they don't at least I'm happy with Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opalescent)
    11th March, the day before my birthday.

At first I was really put off by the idea of Manchester because I did my PhD and Master's here - the idea of another four years was making me feel as though I'd never escape! But I really enjoyed the interview. It was my first time doing an interview in the MMI format and I found the approach interesting and the questions a bit tricky (in a good way). On reflection, studying in a uni I'm familiar with doesn't seem like a bad thing, and as the course is less intensive than the two-year postgrad option I'd be able to work and pursue more outside interests - I want to write my PhD thesis up into a book and I really doubt I'd have time for that on an SLT Master's. MMU and Essex may make the decision for me by not giving me offers, but if they don't at least I'm happy with Manchester.
    Good luck at MMU (we are so lovely here hahaha) and with your Essex application.

Have to say I don't know how anyone copes with the masters course - its hard enough covering everything in the 3/4 year undergraduate course.

Think its the first year Manchester has done its interviews this way - it seems a lot of the unis are changing their approach this year!

I would have been happy to go to Manchester (it was my insurance choice) if I hadn't got the grades - and sometimes its better the devil you know

Will keep my eye out for any further news from you about your application.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 offers back so far and I have an interview on Tuesday but it's at 10am and it would cost me £60 for a train ticket. I'm not sure whether there is any point going because I have got the two uni offers I want and I don't want to take any offers away from anyone else if i got a place on Tuesday because I already know I don't want to go to the uni, it was a back up if I didn't get one of my other choices initially. Do you think it would be a good or bad idea to withdraw ? Also if I withdrew my offer and on results day I don't get my form or insurance and have to go through clearing, can I go for a uni which I withdrew my application for ?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Newcastle about a week after my interview but I know a lot of people who are still waiting on word from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnelson)
    I got an offer from Newcastle about a week after my interview but I know a lot of people who are still waiting on word from them
    Thanks, well done. It's so stressful waiting to hear. How was it the interview? And did you have to do any written assessments at it? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, well done. It's so stressful waiting to hear. How was it the interview? And did you have to do any written assessments at it? Xx
    Thanks, super happy because that's where I want to go! The interview was really relaxed and informal and the questions were nice compared to other interviews I've done! Yeah there was a 10 min written assessment but it's not too bad! I know what you mean I'm still waiting on mmu and I've assumed it's a rejection at this stage but I wish they'd just tell me lol!!!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnelson)
    Thanks, super happy because that's where I want to go! The interview was really relaxed and informal and the questions were nice compared to other interviews I've done! Yeah there was a 10 min written assessment but it's not too bad! I know what you mean I'm still waiting on mmu and I've assumed it's a rejection at this stage but I wish they'd just tell me lol!!!xx
    Thanks. I got knocked back from Glasgow. Still waiting to hear from Queen Margaret. I think if you have not heard back by now it's good, coz if they not want you they would have said by now. Queen Margaret my first chicane Newcastle second. This is because I have 3 kids and if I go to Newcastle I will have to spend time away from them, and travel. X

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I received an offer from DMU two days after my interview there! It was my second choice purely based on distance from home (first choice in terms of loving the uni). Sheffield was originally my first choice as I'm a graduate who has done the whole moving as far away from home as possible. I did have interview offers for Leeds Beckett, Manchester Met and Birmingham City but withdrew from those choices as DMU is the perfect option for me. I'm just wondering if anyone has an offer from DMU and is likely to be going there in September?

ReputationRep:
    i have been rejected from one of my unis after an interview, so do you guys know if it is acceptable/normal to email them asking for advice about why you weren't accepted??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tildawatts)
    i have been rejected from one of my unis after an interview, so do you guys know if it is acceptable/normal to email them asking for advice about why you weren't accepted??
    Yes definitely do, then you will know what to change for next year. It may even be on track why they not accept you. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely do, then you will know what to change for next year. It may even be on track why they not accept you. Xx
    ah okay, thank you for the help!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tildawatts)
    ah okay, thank you for the help!! xx

Xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.