Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kensaylo1)
    I got Van Mildert, did anyone else get a college they didn't want?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I got van mildert too but I actually applied to Josephine Butler :/ I think VM must have been undersubscribed. There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it...us durham people are all bitter oxbridge rejects!

ReputationRep:
    A*AA for NatSci (Maths and Physics)... do I firm KCL or Durham? What's Durham's international reputation like?

ReputationRep:
    Allocated to St Aidan's. Offer of A*AA for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thetankman)
    I'm pretty much the same haha! I really dunno mate, both are good unis. Where else have you applied to?
    As well as Durham and UCL, also have offers from Nottingham and Manchester. Natural sciences at all except Manchester (biochemistry). Not too keen on a single science or staying at home (Manchester) and though Nottingham isn't bad and gave me an unconditional offer if I make them firm, but Durham and UCL seem to be better academically.

Durham seems better on student experience, UK ranking, and cost, despite the discussions here, it is a bargain compared to London! But UCL is better in a global sense and in terms of research and job opportunities, but the accommodation was poor and not value for money.

You can also add me to the growing list of 'bitter' Oxford rejects! (Biochemistry!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    allocated to st aidans for combined honours in social sciences, 38 with HL 666 in the IB Diploma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsaacMed17)
    Allocated to St Aidan's. Offer of A*AA for maths.
    St. Aidan's here as well is it the college you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Allocated Hatfield for Law!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieSavage606)
    Let's face it...us durham people are all bitter oxbridge rejects!
    I didn't apply for either....... o.O

ReputationRep:
    John Snow college anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoutfinch)
    Allocated Hatfield for Law!
    me too! you gonna go to the visit days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjacobs)
    Hi, got my place at Hatfield yesterday, are most people thinking of staying on a residential basis for the post-offer visit day or not?
    I got Hatfield too! I'm staying on the monday night to the tuesday

ReputationRep:
    I applied to read History on the first week of October but haven't heard anything back yet - anyone else in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamfox)
    me too! you gonna go to the visit days?
    Yeah I think I'm gonna stay over on the Monday night! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    As well as Durham and UCL, also have offers from Nottingham and Manchester. Natural sciences at all except Manchester (biochemistry). Not too keen on a single science or staying at home (Manchester) and though Nottingham isn't bad and gave me an unconditional offer if I make them firm, but Durham and UCL seem to be better academically.

Durham seems better on student experience, UK ranking, and cost, despite the discussions here, it is a bargain compared to London! But UCL is better in a global sense and in terms of research and job opportunities, but the accommodation was poor and not value for money.

You can also add me to the growing list of 'bitter' Oxford rejects! (Biochemistry!).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha true! Do you think you will reapply to Oxford nest year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thetankman)
    Haha true! Do you think you will reapply to Oxford nest year?
    Definitely not!

In fact I just received my 'feedback' off them yesterday and it was useless! No indication of where I could've improved, just statistics!

I could always apply for Masters later though, and could also apply to Cambridge for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebe_cottam)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I got van mildert too but I actually applied to Josephine Butler :/ I think VM must have been undersubscribed. There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it
    I actually applied for Josephine butler too! I'm most likely not going to choose Durham as my one of my options now though, I really didn't want a catered college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoutfinch)
    Yeah I think I'm gonna stay over on the Monday night! What about you?
    Yeah me too, at least we won't be alone then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kensaylo1)
    I actually applied for Josephine butler too! I'm most likely not going to choose Durham as my one of my options now though, I really didn't want a catered college
    Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame, what other offers do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamfox)
    Yeah me too, at least we won't be alone then!
    Hahaha! Yeah phew:')

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.