Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I'm not sure what you're talking bout for the first one but second is Animalia. (Eukaryote is a domain)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a question about the rhinos name

ReputationRep:
    For the question regarding evidence for translocation, i had 3 in each box. Although, i cant remmeber which :/ I THINK it was:
    FDA
    BEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    That was an OK paper, not as hard as I thought it would be. What did people get for that Kb question. I got 164706? (something like that)
    I got that too but i don't understand why people aint mentioning ing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Whatt did you guys get for the SA:Vol MCQ?
    It was B

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Im sitting the mocks for the Breadth paper. How did the paper go? Any topics i need to revise on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    What was the answer to the questions about nucleotides joining together and the chemical that is released?
    condensation reaction that releases a small, stable molecule.

ReputationRep:
    OK gonna revise chemistry now. Can someone let me know if there's an unofficial mark scheme released. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't the label Z be vacuolar membrane instead of Vacuole? As there was another label pointing to the vacuole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    There was a question about the rhinos name
    I got the kingdom as being animalia, the species name was given in the question and the the order in the column for the different taxas as kingdom phylum class order family genus and species, I hope that's right

ReputationRep:
    Would I get the marks for w if I put sucrose instead of sucrose solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    OK gonna revise chemistry now. Can someone let me know if there's an unofficial mark scheme released. Thanks
    How are you revising for chemistry?Just past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    Shouldn't the label Z be vacuolar membrane instead of Vacuole? As there was another label pointing to the vacuole
    I put down Vacoule, as I thought the other lable inside meant cell sap?

(Original post by snickercell)
    I got the kingdom as being animalia, the species name was given in the question and the the order in the column for the different taxas as kingdom phylum class order family genus and species, I hope that's right
    Yeah I also did Animalia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia66)
    Would I get the marks for w if I put sucrose instead of sucrose solution?
    Can sucrose pass a partially permeable membrane??

ReputationRep:
    It was tonoplast (the vacuolar membrane)

(Original post by Ozil5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredPeyy)
    Hi everyone. Im sitting the mocks for the Breadth paper. How did the paper go? Any topics i need to revise on?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jAGOibTMuU There's 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    condensation reaction that releases a small, stable molecule.
    The formation of bonds releases energy, so i put ATP, which is a stable molecule, adenosine triphosphate

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did u put about the q about how to determine water potaential of the potato!? It was 3 'arks and I was baffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    That's a good point, although that other label might have been pointing at the cell sap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    The formation of bonds releases energy, so i put ATP, which is a stable molecule, adenosine triphosphate
    Oh...I wrote H2o because it was a condensation reaction...will I get the mark? :/

ReputationRep:
    Multiple choice questions i felt were very easy but was disappointed with the lac of practical related questions....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.