Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I knew you would shoot down any coalition that involved the Liberals and UKIP, but the problem with not having a majority government is that it encourages the opposition to launch VoNCs against the government. Furthermore, this government has a record of disobeying the whip, so even if we manage to get a confidence and supply deal in exchange for you lot voting in favour of something we like, your rebellious MPs would probably disobey even a 3-line whip, knowing that they will be reinstated a few days later (in the case of the Tories).
    That is a good point, the government does not do good deals, promises, timetables, nor good policies: the government does drama.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    No deal is better than a deal with the Liberal Party, I agree with Life_peer's assessment of your party being useless.
    Your loss.

I knew you would shoot down any coalition that involved the Liberals and UKIP, but the problem with not having a majority government is that it encourages the opposition to launch VoNCs against the government. Furthermore, this government has a record of disobeying the whip, so even if we manage to get a confidence and supply deal in exchange for you lot voting in favour of something we like, your rebellious MPs would probably disobey even a 3-line whip, knowing that they will be reinstated a few days later (in the case of the Tories).
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't have tried to get a C&S deal. If my party had broken it, relations between yourselves and the Tories could have potentially recovered. Instead, you have alienated yourselves completely from the rest of the house and will spend a long time on the sidelines. Your dogmatic approach will simply allow the left to win majority after majority.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is funny to watch… :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Your loss.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't have tried to get a C&S deal. If my party had broken it, relations between yourselves and the Tories could have potentially recovered. Instead, you have alienated yourselves completely from the rest of the house and will spend a long time on the sidelines. Your dogmatic approach will simply allow the left to win majority after majority.
    I am not interested in a C&S deal. I do not see relations recovering between UKIP and the "Conservatives" any time soon, as long as LP is leader. And I assure you, I have not alienated UKIP completely from the rest of the house. In today's political environment, it is not so much a battle between left vs right; it is a battle between the establishment and the anti-establishment. If it means we have to remain on the sidelines, so be it. I will not sell out UKIP's anti-establishment values just to be the mistress of the governing class.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Your loss.

You are right, it is UKIP's loss, UKIP has lost out on being involved with a party that publicly sacks its MPs after a falling out, a party who cannot keep to a coalition agreement, and a party that cannot motivate its MPs to vote.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I am not interested in a C&S deal. I do not see relations recovering between UKIP and the "Conservatives" any time soon, as long as LP is leader. And I assure you, I have not alienated UKIP completely from the rest of the house. In today's political environment, it is not so much a battle between left vs right; it is a battle between the establishment and the anti-establishment. If it means we have to remain on the sidelines, so be it. I will not sell out UKIP's anti-establishment values just to be the mistress of the governing class.
    Continue to sit as the anti-establishment and watch as you get nothing done.

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    You are right, it is UKIP's loss, UKIP has lost out on being involved with a party that publicly sacks its MPs after a falling out, a party who cannot keep to a coalition agreement, and a party that cannot motivate its MPs to vote.
    You'll have to remind me which party that is Nigel. All I know is, we're a pragmatic party, happy to work with others to advance the values of liberalism, and to actually get stuff done.

ReputationRep:
    If Nigel is referring to me as being the sacked MP (I doubt it, but just in case).........I wasn't dismissed, I took a hiatus If you are not referring to me, sorry!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: Is this still going on and do UKIP honestly have nothing better to do than a) post private messages and b) try to stir up drama when no-one rises to their bait?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Would the government like to see the return of the British Empire and if so would it support democratisation of it to keep it together?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Would the government like to see the return of the British Empire and if so would it support democratisation of it to keep it together?
    I personally don't and I believe it's incompatible to wish the UK to have nation state democracy and sovereignty while depriving other states of their sovereignty by placing them in a British Empire. I would, however, like to see greater links with the Commonwealth, following a 'trade not aid' programme where we encourage free trade within the Commonwealth are to the enrichment of all members, especially the poorest.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Continue to sit as the anti-establishment and watch as you get nothing done.

You'll have to remind me which party that is Nigel. All I know is, we're a pragmatic party, happy to work with others to advance the values of liberalism, and to actually get stuff done.
    The Liberal Party does not get anything done, that is what is funny about the government, no promises made in the Liberal Party manifesto from the last election have been kept to. You are the leader of a zombified refugee party who cannot keep to its coalition agreements, and whose members do not do anything.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Right I've been mainly silent in this debate but not anymore..... I'm disgusted my own leader publicly won't considering working with our closest political party in the house .... This will allientate UKIP Even Further from the house ...when I stood to become DL I stood on a platform to help our party regain relations with other parties and to build up a positive image of UKIP and I intend to this If our leader won't do this then make way for the leader who will
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Right I've been mainly silent in this debate but not anymore..... I'm disgusted my own leader publicly won't considering working with our closest political party in the house .... This will allientate UKIP Even Further from the house ...when I stood to become DL I stood on a platform to help our party regain relations with other parties and to build up a positive image of UKIP and I intend to this If our leader won't do this then make way for the leader who will
    #Hazzer16

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What is it with right-wing MHoC parties that makes them love airing dirty laundry in public so much?:lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    What is it with right-wing MHoC parties that makes them love airing dirty laundry in public so much?:lol:
    If the leader of the TSR Political party publically says he wont consider working with parties that are closest to them politically then the should not be leader and should stand down .... I don't care if I'm DL and I'm disagreeing with my leader ... ( More dictator ) Im saying what I think and if I'm called upon to resign as DL for this then so be it
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Pretty much toronto's answer, though I'd also want to maintain close ties to the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If the leader of the TSR Political party publically says he wont consider working with parties that are closest to them politically then the should not be leader and should stand down .... I don't care if I'm DL and I'm disagreeing with my leader ... ( More dictator ) Im saying what I think and if I'm called upon to resign as DL for this then so be it
    Your position on this issue isn't just commendable, but also pragmatic and intelligent. UKIP needs to have a look in the mirror and I'm glad you're the one holding it up to your party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I consider the loss of the empire to be the second greatest crime inflicted on our people, in getting rid of the empire we gave up power on a scale that few nations have.

It's pretty unlikely that we could ever regain an empire without increasing the population to about half a billion (so that we were an economic superpower in terms of GDP, tax revenue and military size). We'd also need an alliance.

To be honest i don't know why you left, you just needed to tone a few things down. You were never as 'wild' as the post-Adam Ukip.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    The Kippers and Liberals have always been prone. Ours have not really been that bad.

ReputationRep:
    yur psotiton on tihs ins't ujst comendalbe, but pragmtiac nad inteligent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FTFY

ReputationRep:
    Based on LP's message to Nigel, LP was already trying to axe me as leader of UKIP on the 17th of July. But then he tries to come to me on the 31st of July with some terrible deal that if UKIP MPs vote against the MoNC, he will call a general election by the end of August. Of course I am not going to agree to a deal like that, when it is obvious that LP does not have the best intentions. It is clear from the start that LP is actively working against UKIP, especially when he pretended to include UKIP in the coalition before the formation of this disastrous Con-Lib Government, but had no intention of doing so. I do not work with liars and cheats like LP.
    I think you're bit late for that bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.