Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    I did question 7 in literally 3 mins without reading the information, just the questions because I had 4 mins left of the exam...
    Exact same scenario for me. However, judging by what everyone else has put, I think I've got lucky and got full marks for that question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    the grade boundaries will be high, the country want less people to get a*s.... so most of the country will get like b's and c's.... it is so unfair we unprepared and have crAp teachers........................ but yeah it will probably be like 50/60 for an a*, similar to last year, it might change by a mark or two, if aqa feels generous which is very unlikely ....
    It's not that they want less people getting A*s. It's that they're splitting the A* group into 2 so there is 5% w an A** or 9, and 10% with A* or 8 and above. So it shouldn't make a difference. Anyway, the change is happening for next year, it's just English and maths for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the grade boundaries will be high, the country want less people to get a*s.... so most of the country will get like b's and c's.... it is so unfair we unprepared and have crAp teachers........................ but yeah it will probably be like 50/60 for an a*, similar to last year, it might change by a mark or two, if aqa feels generous which is very unlikely ....
    Ugh, this exam stressed me out so much. There was so much stuff that wasn't in my revision guide. AQA should be generous, in theory, because the exam was so hard most people probably only got Bs and Cs so they should lower the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question. Does anyone remember what the last two questions (parts) were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangerouswoman)
    "Only" 50?! I probably only managed 25 or 26! Plus I think 50 will be an A/A* because 2015's grade boundaries was 47 for an A* and 2014 was 44 for an A*. Don't worry, you did better than me lol
    The questions were alright, but I struggled on time! My invigilator keep staring at me and that put me off... You know my candidate number, not my story!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhruvap)
    Lol All you people arguing about 66.6% and 0.67% and i'm here with 6.6% lol... i wrote 1/150 x 100 but wrote wrong answer - would that get me the mark?
    Haha I did 1/150 x 100 and it said 2/3 on my calculator so I wrote 66.6% sml

ReputationRep:
    can I be aborted at 16 please?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed.....
    I got 99% for the malaria question 🙃😕😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InneRs)
    Are you sure you put braket?
    How did I get 0.6%?
    i got 0.6

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, this exam stressed me out so much. There was so much stuff that wasn't in my revision guide. AQA should be generous, in theory, because the exam was so hard most people probably only got Bs and Cs so they should lower the grade boundaries.
    I really bloody hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    Legal recreational drugs was ghe answer and that was the last box
    I thought that was the third?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    The questions were alright, but I struggled on time! My invigilator keep staring at me and that put me off... You know my candidate number, not my story!
    Lol. The invigilators are like that at my school, none of them even smile. There's only one guy who actually seems nice and smiles if you ask for extra paper or a pencil etc. But anyways, if you think you got around 49/50 that's fine because you'd probably have got an A*. I think I got at least 25 so I'm a B/C at the moment. Probably a C. That exam stressed me out so much I nearly wanted to start crying until I saw how easy the six mark question was

ReputationRep:
    0.67% - malaria
    Scatter graph q- two variables/compare dsitribution
    Speed- 1.6
    Why was the mosquito in the wrong place- plants get energy from the sun, primary consumer for every food chain
    GM in mosquito- Cut gene using enzymes and splice into chromosome of mosquito at early stage of development
    Organ- skin
    Indicator- Mayfly larvae
    Other indicators- Dissolved oxygen meters/co2 sensors
    Snails- Camouflage

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but mind you it was only 29 last year for a B!
    I'm hoping it's similar this year with the top two grades slightly lowered. It was a f*****g hard exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonourableDorito)
    I would have related it to the context that the ground hardened so they had no need for a large surface area to prevent sinking.
    Mutation
    More likely to survive
    Reproduction
    Pass on gene
    ^as the other key points

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To get full marks you need to mention:

Variation [1]

Ground became harder so horses with fewer toes and longer legs could run faster from predators, while horses with more toes could not run away as fast (having more toes was a vestigial feature) [1]

Survival of the fittest transpired [1]

Live up to breeding age and gene/allele passed onto offspring. This occurred repeatedly until Equus evolved. [1]

This is going by previous mark schemes for questions of the exact same type

ReputationRep:
    I really bloody hope so
    I know right, AQA ask questions that has nothing to do with the subject and then get confused why people aren't passing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonourableDorito)
    It's not that they want less people getting A*s. It's that they're splitting the A* group into 2 so there is 5% w an A** or 9, and 10% with A* or 8 and above. So it shouldn't make a difference. Anyway, the change is happening for next year, it's just English and maths for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh I see, that was just was I had been told

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie1999)
    What points did you guys make for the 6 marker question. Completely wasn't expecting healthy diet question.
    I thought it was quite easy but I definitely wasn't expecting it at all!
    The points I made were:
    - Protein - Cell growth and repair
    - Carbs - long lasting energy
    - Fats - energy and also insulation
    - Fibre - Aids digestive system
    - Water - Hydrates cells
    - Vitamins - general health, good for blood and bone

I'm hoping that's alright but I'm not 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monzy24566)
    0.67% - malaria
    Scatter graph q- two variables/compare dsitribution
    Speed- 1.6
    Why was the mosquito in the wrong place- plants get energy from the sun, primary consumer for every food chain
    GM in mosquito- Cut gene using enzymes and splice into chromosome of mosquito at early stage of development
    Organ- skin
    Indicator- Mayfly larvae
    Other indicators- Dissolved oxygen meters/co2 sensors
    Snails- Camouflage
    One of the marks will be enzymes (used to cut out the gene from the bacteria and insert into mosquito)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.