Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)
    did everyone put that the sea water had a higher WP or lower WP?
    I said lower water potential

ReputationRep:
    Weird how nothing or meiosis, mitosis, selection, heart, species + taxonomy, breathign mechanisms came up in either paper.

What did you guys put for the process used in the worm to get oxygen.

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for why increase in phosphate meant the embryo was growing? I had no idea, I think I wrote something about the presence of phosphates in DNA and cell membrane structure but I'm not sure if that was the sort of stuff you were meant to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseaoscar15)
    Weird how nothing or meiosis, mitosis, selection, heart, species + taxonomy, breathign mechanisms came up in either paper.

What did you guys put for the process used in the worm to get oxygen.
    I think it's just simple diffusion.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the ratio?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was

ReputationRep:
    What was answer to the question about someone going up the stairs? I said less oxygen is getting to the cells for respiration. :/

My ratio was 3.6:1

ReputationRep:
    which box did people tick for the value of the heart rate?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    66.7 but wasn't sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Csd1999)
    What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was
    I got 2.9 for the diameter but didnt get that ratio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)
    I got 2.9 for the diameter but didnt get that ratio
    Yeah but 2.86 and 2.9 are the same, did it say to how many significant figures?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 70 for the stroke volume?

ReputationRep:
    for the FEV and walking up the stairs question I didnt refer to oxygen as it was about the max vol of air breathed out (didnt say about breathing in) so i said it couldnt expel the co2 rich air, a build up of lactic acid would form causing pain and fatigue

ReputationRep:
    I did

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 70 for the SV. Did you get 66.7 bpm? I have a feeling it's wrong because it might be a trick question, idk.

Also, I got 2.85 (or something like that) times higher after calculating the area using pi r squared and then divided? No idea if that was right as some people just divided the diameters directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    Yeah I got 70 for the SV. Did you get 66.7 bpm? I have a feeling it's wrong because it might be a trick question, idk.

Also, I got 2.85 (or something like that) times higher after calculating the area using pi r squared and then divided? No idea if that was right as some people just divided the diameters directly.
    I got 2.86, and for the tick box I got 75 but my original answer was 66.7 too so I see what you were thinking- I'm not sure which is right to be honest

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have an unnoficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    someone please make unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    For the ratio I got 4:1.1 ? And then exactly two times larger as I calculated the radius of d and b???

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.