Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know I lost at least 6 marks. I ****ed up the vectors and got C and D wrong, so that's 2 marks down + at least one of the method marks would probably require using the correct value for AB, lost 1 for the wrong k (I put 12 but it was 6), and probably at least one mark down for integrating with the wrong k. And one more mark down for including x=0 in the trig question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderland2)
    Anyone know if the UMS needed for an A* needs to be 90% in C3 and separately 90% in C4 or can it be a combined total of the two?
    Just an average of 90 across all three modules (ie C3, C4 and Mechanics or Statistics)

ReputationRep:
    I liked that paper. I can't believe I did the last question. I'm on road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    The boundaries for Core 4 have constantly been around 55-60 for an A*, with last year being the only exception as it was a fairly nice paper without any big questions where students would have lost a lot of marks.
    Woah you're right, they are really low! Well thats good then!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Does anyone remember how many marks finding the gradient was on the parametric equations question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangutanSean)
    Just an average of 90 across all three modules (ie C3, C4 and Mechanics or Statistics)
    No it's just across C3 & C4 and at least 480UMS overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmyJ14)
    Does anyone remember how many marks finding the gradient was on the parametric equations question?
    I think it was 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    I thought up to Q6 was pretty straight forward, I know I didn't get all the vectors one right, but someone mentioned one of the questions was basically physics? I don't do physics but I couldn't do 7/8 that well, anyone know if it was any of them? 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msat)
    I thought up to Q6 was pretty straight forward, I know I didn't get all the vectors one right, but someone mentioned one of the questions was basically physics? I don't do physics but I couldn't do 7/8 that well, anyone know if it was any of them? 😁
    I assume they mean the half-life question. Yes the context was Physics but it's on the syllabus. Didn't require any Physics knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msat)
    They were probably referring to the half life question, radioactive decay is physics

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that I wrote √35√35 = 2√35 rather than 35....

ReputationRep:
    My honest predictions for C3 and C4 grade boundaries
    C3
    60 - 100%
    54 - A*
    49 - A
    44 - B

C4
    65 - 100%
    59 - A*
    54 - A
    49 - B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangutanSean)
    Its just c4 and 3 mechanics and stats are both AS modules, its in further maths when you need to over 3 modules

ReputationRep:
    I felt so short of time for both core 3 and core 4! AQA want us to do too much in such a short space of time🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the vector question the last part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msat)
    If anything you're better off not doing physics for the half life equation, in A2 physics the equation for radioactive decay is always base e (instead of k) and the decay constant is in the exponential part, and if you tried using the physics version you probably would've messed up so I wouldn't worry about it at all

ReputationRep:
    Close, but it was -69/2 +9/2ln(3).

(Original post by Hibaval)
    did anyone for question 3b) get -57/2 + 9/2ln3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    My honest predictions for C3 and C4 grade boundaries
    C3
    60 - 100%
    54 - A*
    49 - A
    44 - B

C4
    65 - 100%
    59 - A*
    54 - A
    49 - B
    they'll be low but that low?

ReputationRep:
    right im freaking out, on the binomial question (think it was 7marks?) did anyone get quite large fractions etc for the x^2 , (the final part of the question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtebbbs)
    If anything you're better off not doing physics for the half life equation, in A2 physics the equation for radioactive decay is always base e (instead of k) and the decay constant is in the exponential part, and if you tried using the physics version you probably would've messed up so I wouldn't worry about it at all
    Well used the physics version to verify my answer, and mentally rearanged it to the form e^-lambda* t and got lambda = - ln k, then I used the fact that lambda * half life = ln2 and used that to check the answer I ended up with was right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.