The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonecenter)
    I'm personally a Golden State Warriors fan, I've been watching Steph since about 2011, and the guy is literally tearing up the league, I don't think I've ever witnessed a better 3pt shooter than him.
    But I have to say he's got some serious competition, and the main person I had in mind is LeBron James of the Cavs
    Its James world and everyone else lives in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    tru dat

ReputationRep:
    Klay got the most aesthetically pleasing jumpshot I've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Klay got the most aesthetically pleasing jumpshot I've ever seen

I like Melo's more, has the best form in the league imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    I like Melo's more, has the best form in the league imo
    Fair enough it's all subjective haha.

Melo defo got a smooth jumper but he doesn't fully extend his arm/lock his elbow (Danny Green does the same thing) which irks me for some reason lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    You gotta admit though, Stephen Curry is making quite the impact in the league this season
    But I can't deny LeBron's INSANE Playoffs Finals performance, 29.7 PPG

ReputationRep:
    You gotta admit though, Stephen Curry is making quite the impact in the league this season
    But I can't deny LeBron's INSANE Playoffs Finals performance, 29.7 PPG
    First player in Finals history to lead both teams in all 5 categories: Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals. Just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    First player in Finals history to lead both teams in all 5 categories: Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals. Just ridiculous.
    I've never seen anybody like him, if he does it again next year, well.
    Let's just say MJ and Kobe have a fierce competitor.
    But let's just clear it up right here, The Black Mamba is no doubt, possibly the greatest NBA player of all time

Actually, that's an official question.

Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

Quote this and then give a reason why

ReputationRep:
    Bruh, Kobe on MJ's level? :eek:

***** me son. There are quite a few players greater than Kobe :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anybody like him, if he does it again next year, well.
    Let's just say MJ and Kobe have a fierce competitor.
    But let's just clear it up right here, The Black Mamba is no doubt, possibly the greatest NBA player of all time

Actually, that's an official question.

Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

Quote this and then give a reason why

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat it's a genuine statement

ReputationRep:
    Gotta catch em all Kobetards.

ReputationRep:
    Y'all better put some damn RESPEK on Kobe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Y'all better put some damn RESPEK on Kobe
    I was just about to say lmao, the only people who put Kobe in a conversation with Jordan (and now unarguably LeBron above Kobe), are LA fans. And people who are obliged to give Kobe the edge like Shaq who says 'duh 5 rings > 3, Kobe best', not sure if he believes it but then again it's Shaq. He may

ReputationRep:
    I was just about to say lmao, the only people who put Kobe in a conversation with Jordan (and now unarguably LeBron above Kobe), are LA fans. And people who are obliged to give Kobe the edge like Shaq who says 'duh 5 rings > 3, Kobe best', not sure if he believes it but then again it's Shaq. He may
    Hmmm I don't agree with that but the two of us arguing is going to go nowhere, lol. And I'm sure there's countless people who put Kobe and MJ in the same convo, I'd like to think most people lol, not just LA fans.

Who's the closest player we've ever seen to Michael Jordan, the GOAT?? C'mon man don't bull**** lol. Be honest.

Wow why is there so much Kobe hatred on this thread :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Hmmm I don't agree with that but the two of us arguing is going to go nowhere, lol. And I'm sure there's countless people who put Kobe and MJ in the same convo, I'd like to think most people lol, not just LA fans.

Who's the closest player we've ever seen to Michael Jordan, the GOAT?? C'mon man don't bull**** lol. Be honest.

Wow why is there so much Kobe hatred on this thread :lol:
    Yeah Kobe, but that's because he took his game, it doesn't make him comparable. Kobe was a poorer mans Jordan, which is a valid observation sure. Does that mean he's better than the GOAT centres? Or Timmy/Malone? Or LeBron/Bird? Or Magic? Nah

And I'm not a Kobe hater, I like Kobe He's fun to watch, just like Curry. But no point putting him on a pedestal, it is what it is, and imo he ain't top 10 let alone in the GOAT conversation. Which btw he would be if people even entertained a MJ or Kobe debate.

ReputationRep:
    most of us here have just watched MJ videos on Youtube. did not see him live as we do now. we approved that he is the GOAT.
    Kobe is the MJ of our time.
    Same feelings happened when Kobe played.
    Kobe cannot be compared to Duncan or Malone. it is like comparing Allen Iverson to Grant Hill or Mike Bibby.
    Kobe has challenged any players of his generations, as LeBron is doing now.
    Durant himself said Kobe is his Legend.

and Hey, I'm a Knicks Fan.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Kobe, but that's because he took his game, it doesn't make him comparable. Kobe was a poorer mans Jordan, which is a valid observation sure. Does that mean he's better than the GOAT centres? Or Timmy/Malone? Or LeBron/Bird? Or Magic? Nah

And I'm not a Kobe hater, I like Kobe He's fun to watch, just like Curry. But no point putting him on a pedestal, it is what it is, and imo he ain't top 10 let alone in the GOAT conversation. Which btw he would be if people even entertained a MJ or Kobe debate.
    This is where we part ways lol. He's in my top 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    This is where we part ways lol. He's in my top 10.
    If you think he's as good as MJ you're saying he has a claim to being the GOAT, or at least top 3, which is so wrong.

ReputationRep:
    If you think he's as good as MJ you're saying he has a claim to being the GOAT, or at least top 3, which is so wrong.
    I didn't say he's better than MJ...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.