Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I would love Putin to invade some of those places, heck, I would be happy if Putin invaded Brighton and London, I may even offer to help
    An EMP would be enough to bring the entire of the UK down. Our security forces know this. That is why Putin has been flying his bombers to get within missile range of London.

As for the USA Putin has special kind of submarine which can shoot though solid rock. This is dangerous because it could ignite all the methane under the Mississippi river and cause a major earthquake tearing the USA in 2 pieces. No lies. This is real.

ReputationRep:
    This made my day
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    This made my day
    They are great, we need to get them trending

ReputationRep:
    there is honestly no point in them having another referendum if they're not going to let 16 and 17 year olds vote this time, because the results won't change a lot. the thing is, farage said that if remain won 52-48, then he wanted a second referendum. now that leave have won by 52-48, it would only be fair to do the same thing. yes, democracy has spoken, but it is a shame that it has spoken in the way that it did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    It's not just remainers that petitioned. Many of those who voted leave are now regretting their choice as they feel terribly misinformed and deceived(e.g. Farage backtracking and saying that the £350 million pounds that we supposedly send to the EU would not be going to the NHS instead-contradicting what the leave campaign previously claimed)
    'Many of those' - how many exactly is that? I'm sure, had the boot been on the other foot, Remain would have gone back on plenty of their promises and the end result would be the same- people changing their mind on what they voted. But the fact is, people voted for what they voted for, it's their own fault if they blindly believed everything that was promised the them. Politics has always been dodgy and politicians do lie and twist facts. As I said, I'm sure Remain were telling plenty of their own porkies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    You want the honest truth?

The Common Fishery Policy. It destroyed my Grand Fathers & Uncles livelihoods. It completely destroyed Grimsby as a town which took the trawler count from 400 to 10! If you go to Grimsby your see the kind of poverty that is there.

I want the EU to be destroyed. Nothing would please me more if Putin invaded parts of the EU. Hopefully the EU is already breaking at the seams.

For me its a matter of revenge.
    Here here mate, I have been to Grimsby, the town centre is dead. Absolutely dead. My aunt and uncle had to move their family away from there, all of their friends and where they grew up in, so that they could find jobs. This, my friend, is not right.

ReputationRep:
    Kippers handing out hate signs against Poles in Eastern towns?
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3281021.html

Found outside a primary school in Cambridgeshire.

Racism on the march in the reactionary atmosphere created by Farage and his fellow travellers in the far right.

As predicted, the Leave vote is being taken as a green light by racists to spread hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

Racism on the march in the reactionary atmosphere created by Farage and his fellow travellers in the far right.

As predicted, the Leave vote is being taken as a green light by racists to spread hate.
    What do you suggest is done about this? Given the absolute horror shown by remain campaigners I wouldn't put it past a few of them to fabricate hatred and blame the leave campaign.

The leave campaign never once stated its aims were to reduce net migration and thus racists can not possibly hijack it.

Racists and Xenophobes are in a separate category of dumb and illiterate people.

ReputationRep:
    The leave campaign is deceitful and lying, they have tricked many people into voting for things that they never explicitly promised, however made it seem like they had.

ReputationRep:
    A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 👌🏻🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 🇬🇧🇬🇧

ReputationRep:
    My apologies. I did not wish to steal your thought. There is nothing original in politics, I suspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    The leave campaign is deceitful and lying, they have tricked many people into voting for things that they never explicitly promised, however made it seem like they had.
    Welcome to politics. Politicians lie all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

If it's real why is it stuck to the dashboard of someone's car? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stev43219)
    wtf are you talking about Read some of your posts back and get over it. Remain lost most likely down to your tarring feathering and lies about what would happen of e left. The leave campaign were not old racist thick little Englanders Most of the leavers voted against the removal of democracy and the land and power grab Most of the remainers were brainwashed benefitted or couldn't care less. There is an argument to be had that the poor in this country are left to rot by a lot of the remain side. This time though the poor and downtrodden stuck up for democracy and freedom Just like they have done over the centuries they are not the wtf's you think they are.
    right...

and the leave side love the poor people and the government made up of brexiters will come to their aid almost immediately.

they didn't stick up for a damn ****ing thing, most of them couldn't even tell you what the EU actually did for the UK. It was a protest vote on their part, possibly so, but that just reinforces the fact that most of the leave votes were from clueless numpties once you remove the little Englanders, xenophobes and few that actually voted leave based on some rational thought. That is why this referendum is a complete joke.

They'll be tossed even further into the scrap heap that they already are, the Brexiters have gotten their use out of them and now it is time to ignore them even more than they were under the EU.

get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Why do people dislike democracy?
    Because Democracy is the whole point of the petition. It was originally created to call for a second referendum if the Remain campaign won.

Because there was only something like 80ish percent voter turnout (still higher than the general election), technically, its not exactly democratic, because due to the very small difference, neither side has the full support of the majority of the population.

I voted Remain, and even though i dont think there will be a second referendum this petition is pretty good because technically it is right. The only way to get round this would be to make it law for everyone to vote, and then implement a box that states that you are abstaining from voting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copycats&Acrobats)
    Because Democracy is the whole point of the petition. It was originally created to call for a second referendum if the Remain campaign won.

Because there was only something like 80ish percent voter turnout (still higher than the general election), technically, its not exactly democratic, because due to the very small difference, neither side has the full support of the majority of the population.

I voted Remain, and even though i dont think there will be a second referendum this petition is pretty good because technically it is right. The only way to get round this would be to make it law for everyone to vote, and then implement a box that states that you are abstaining from voting.
    I think not turning up shows you are abstaining from voting.
    The government said there would be no 2nd referendum even if remain won by 1 vote.
    Doing something over and over again until you get what you want isn't democratic.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    *tut tut tut* Remainers, looks like someone's petition was intended to protect the Leave campaign and is being investigated for fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36634407

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I think not turning up shows you are abstaining from voting.
    The government said there would be no 2nd referendum even if remain won by 1 vote.
    Doing something over and over again until you get what you want isn't democratic.
    I'm not saying that it is democratic, only that it points out the flaws of our democratic model. Besides, due to the amount of people who signed it, it has to be debated by Parliament.

Plus, not showing up doesnt mean you are abstaining. What about those who missed the deadline or those who didnt want to vote because of the total shitstorm and mud slinging that happened in the campaign? There was a lot of misinformation.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by toronto353)
    *tut tut tut* Remainers, looks like someone's petition was intended to protect the Leave campaign and is being investigated for fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36634407
    There's no tuttut needed.

Yes the petition was created by a Leaver. So? Backfired a bit on them hasn't it...

And the "fraud" investigation is a perfectly sensible request to confirm that the signatories are valid. I'm quite certain some of them aren't. That doesn't invalidate the whole petition, in the same way that spoiled ballots don't invalidate the Referendum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also I'd like to point out that this campaign was created by a Pro-Brexit student, and they would have used it to argue for another vote if the Out campaign hadn't won.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.