The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bright_Gift
You're absolutely right.
Who's this teacher, is she your head of year, reference writer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My law teacher (also the head of department) but I dunno whether it's her who's gonna write my reference or my other law teacher (who's also my Leader of Learning)
Original post by roarchika
Law applicant here whose sister also read law at uni - neither of us wrote about our subjects. The only subject-related thing I had was writing about how I independently studied Japanese and how my History coursework was on the Nuremberg Trials. Everything else was extra-curricula stuff.

Can you smile and nod and agree with your teacher and just...not do what she says?

I can only think of one subject topic I could even include if I was forced to include them, it's just so ridiculous I'm expected to include them even though there's no direct link to what I want to do at uni.

No probably not because she's the one reading over my PS and continue to point it out :frown:
Original post by isabella1999
How do you know If they have been acknowledged? I sent my application off yesterday, got emails from Edinburgh and Cambridge but not other two yet Ik it's still very early days ahaha

I got sent emails from them, mostly about what to do now and what else I need to do before October 15 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Becoming a struggle trying to juggle economics homework with everything else. He's been setting a lot lately - he didn't set any last year.
Every time I seem to finish one of these 13 page booklets he shoves down another 2-3 :frown: - I missed a law deadline too trying to get them all done.
Original post by kirstybecs
I can only think of one subject topic I could even include if I was forced to include them, it's just so ridiculous I'm expected to include them even though there's no direct link to what I want to do at uni.

No probably not because she's the one reading over my PS and continue to point it out :frown:

If she's so persistent, then include something relevant about one of your subjects. something that will bolster your PS.
Then tell her that's no space for the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent off my UCAS :redface:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Right so I've resorted to taking 6 Kalms a day to help me with A level stress! I started on them this morning and they are working reasonably well however I feel it might be a placebo effect :/
Original post by TH3-FL45H

your username is on point. What and where did you apply to?

Sending mine off tomorrow morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
your username is on point. What and where did you apply to?

Sending mine off tomorrow morning

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for maths at Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Bath and UCL.

You?

good luck!!
In your PS did you do it all as a block of text, or leave character spaces so you could input paragraphs? (i literally stress abt the dumbest things hahaha)
Original post by kirstybecs
good luck!!
In your PS did you do it all as a block of text, or leave character spaces so you could input paragraphs? (i literally stress abt the dumbest things hahaha)

I didn't originally but then my tutor helped me put in breaks without taking out any content and it looked much better. He said some admission tutors don't care but some do so if you can put them in. I'd say put in paragraph breaks if you can do it without losing content.

Don't worry. I was stressing about the same thing a few days ago. I didn't put breaks in because I thought I couldn't do it but then somehow my tutor managed to do it.

Good luck to you as well!
I'm applying for maths at Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Bath and UCL.

You?

I'm applying to Medicine: Imperial, Leeds, Birmingham, Southhampton
Warwick for Biomed

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyone's year 13 going? Are we all looking forward to half term? What are we finding most useful in terms of revision techniques? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
How's everyone's year 13 going? Are we all looking forward to half term? What are we finding most useful in terms of revision techniques? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had so much homework that I haven't had much time to even revise. However I find I am much more productive this year, finding that rewriting lessons with explanations of things i didnt understand is helping. Gonna use the half term wisely to go over AS (especially with retakes) and make some posters for A2. Its stressful and I am going to start working xD
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's been busy, but surprisingly gentle so far...
That said, I could do without the acids and bases topic in Chemistry :lol:

I do look forward to it, but I also plan to re-learn all of Chemistry AS using my flashcards, go over all my Biology flashcards and see how much progress I have made :smile:

If you hadn't guessed, I find flashcards extremely useful :colondollar:
Original post by Gogregg
If you hadn't guessed, I find flashcards extremely useful :colondollar:

As do I :smile:
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's going pretty decent but I kinda have a backlog of homework at the moment that's just piling up. I'm excited for half-term but the amount of homeworks and projects I need to do is making it look pretty stressful.

So far, lists are on the top of my list. They're pretty easy to make, useful, and they don't require you to actually plan what to write.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
Original post by SampleX

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's been stressful, what with applications and the fact that A2 hit me like a train. It has calmed down a bit because my UCAS is done! However I also have to revise for my BMAT which is painfullll. When that's done with, hopefull I can be more relaxed....hopefully!
In terms of revision techniques, I love taking notes, like proper detailed in a noteboo.k. But this takes up a lot of time so right now, I'm just reading the textbook(s) and writing important points on a post it that I stick on the textbook page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! Is anyone taking A level History of Art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When your best friend submits her UCAS after you, gets an AAB offer from Warwick for German and Italian, yet here you are waiting patiently to hear back about your Modern Languages course trying not to cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest