A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    A2 Results
    A B C
    It was easy as '1 2 3' to get those results :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NNB_Herath)
    Did anyone get all A's for ALL UNITS ( if so how many ) ??
    I did! I'm excluding biology because I'm dropping it lol.

So 7 units for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Haha fair enough mate Maths, Further Maths and Physics for me, I dropped
    chem halfway through the year and I think I will do EPQ this year as well !
    Degree your'e aspiring to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Degree your'e aspiring to do?
    Primarily just maths, but if I can nail physics this year then I may do maths and
    physics, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Primarily just maths, but if I can nail physics this year then I may do maths and
    physics, yourself?
    Ah damn tried to give you a rep but the system wouldn't allow me. Maths :badger:

ReputationRep:
    Chill Everyone, well almost everyone, will get a few bad grades at some point -
    this is my first time too, I got ACC. Take it as a learning curve and make it make you motivated to smash A2. You can easily make up for it, evaluate where you went
    wrong, work hard and do not give up!
    Thank you for your kind words but I can't help but get worried over whether my grades (BBCD) will get me an interview. Also how can I answer as to why I attained such low grades if they ask? This is a wake up call tbh for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Ah damn tried to give you a rep but the system wouldn't allow me. Maths :badger:
    Haha ty mate likewise And yeah I think I will more than likely just do maths. Best of luck with your A2s!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I did! I'm excluding biology because I'm dropping it lol.

So 7 units for me.
    Lolz. So, you are doing Maths, History, G&P at A2?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ty mate likewise And yeah I think I will more than likely just do maths. Best of luck with your A2s!!
    I wish the same to you TrueDAN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Lolz. So, you are doing Maths, History, G&P at A2?
    Yep!

Hope it goes well haha!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!

Hope it goes well haha!
    It should do considering you put the effort into revision, so I'm sure it will. I'd say you've actually done quite well lol so far, the only challenge might be Maths but it won't be hard to overcome because there is tons of help including teachers - the main help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    It should do considering you put the effort into revision, so I'm sure it will. I'd say you've actually done quite well lol so far, the only challenge might be Maths but it won't be hard to overcome because there is tons of help including teachers - the main help!!
    True. I'm just a little anxious about getting 180 in my A2 core modules.

At AS I got 178/200, if that happens again I'd be 2 UMS OFF AN A*!!!

ReputationRep:
    True. I'm just a little anxious about getting 180 in my A2 core modules.

At AS I got 178/200, if that happens again I'd be 2 UMS OFF AN A*!!!
    Keeping in mind A2 is much much harder. But remember, most people get higher after they work hard in C3 and C4. Tbh, I just think the workload will force you to go insane and work way harder than usual. This extra hard work will pay off and you'll get an A* hopefully. Tbh, even if you get an A - you shouldn't be disappointed. I would be slightly if I did but that's because if I'd get an A in A-level Maths, it's almost a guaranteed A/B in Further Maths lol which ruins every chance for a decent university for a Maths degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Yes I do aqa the A* is the same for them I chalked online it's in the spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    How is an A* achieved in new spec paper without ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    How is an A* achieved in new spec paper without ums?
    Talking about maths which has not changed but I think they will set an amount of raw marks needed for the A* like an A* grade boundary for the papers overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I feel your pain.Yes it is relevant; but if you take English Literature for example, the text list is different, meaning for what is meant to be the equivalent unit, you need to study more texts for the A Level in addition to the AS. The exam format is also changed. But fundamentally, you will end up with an A Level and an AS Level in each of the subjects under the new system: essentially one and a half A Levels. So if you take each one separately, in an example where you'd done AS level English Literature, psychology and sociology; you would have the following qualifications if you continued them all through next year:
    AS level English Literature,
    AS level psychology,
    AS level sociology,
    A level English Literature,
    A level psychology,
    A level sociology
    That's 6 qualifications in 3 subjects over a two year period.The A Level and the AS are separate qualifications. The AS level is a one year course. The A Level is a two year course. 1+2=3.
    They are separate (decoupled) qualifications so this is all you can do.They will need to be entered separately because they are separate (decoupled) qualifications.You don't the exam is different (same name, slightly different content); you may need to learn new stuff.
    I am going into year 13, so I know all this, and I take english lit too 😂 I wasn't asking for an answer, merely trying to state my confusion as to why someone would think A levels should take 3 years. Also in year 13 the reading list is exactly the same as year 12, with 4 new texts added on
    The AS qualification you achieve is also pointless once you start year 13 anyway as obviously it is a certification of having completed a course halfway and not the full thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella909)
    I am going into year 13, so I know all this, and I take english lit too I wasn't asking for an answer, merely trying to state my confusion as to why someone would think A levels should take 3 years. Also in year 13 the reading list is exactly the same as year 12, with 4 new texts added on
    I am in the same position as you except luckily for me my Sixth Form have chosen to choose the linear root preferred by the government. Rather than trying to cram 3 years worth of work into 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah3852)
    Well done those are amazing results! I don't think hardly anyone got 4 A's at my sixth form.
    Thanks - I was pleasantly surprised with my results! Hope you did well too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    Predicted straight A but achieved BAAA ; biology, chemistry, maths and further maths respectively .
    Fkin hell, must blame Stuart Powell man....

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.