The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, you have. The least of your worries is the Ofsted. It's only about you in the most tangential way. It's your university tutors who will be having a weekend crapping themselves, and you can give yourself permission not to worry about it.

I think I'm more worried that I'll let my tutors and uni down by not being ready for it.

Going to get home and plan my lessons for the week, check my folders over and then relax. I have a couple of extra frees tomorrow because of exams so it'll be fine.
I have to get my folder ready for uni Ofsted.I don't know if they will come in is because I accidentally made a tiny mistake when I submitted my timetable to uni. Starting to feel really stressed out now, and I still have lesson plans and books to mark too.

Starting to get scared of my NQT year now given that its harder than the PGCE.
Original post by bonniex123
Good luck alabelle, I really hope you pass after all this hard work.

I still have five weeks left of placement. As the darling kids like to say, I really cba.

Thank you. :smile:

I have five weeks left too. But it will fly by! Do you have half term coming up soon? It will all be quite quick from there. :smile:
Original post by Red Lightning
I have to get my folder ready for uni Ofsted.I don't know if they will come in is because I accidentally made a tiny mistake when I submitted my timetable to uni. Starting to feel really stressed out now, and I still have lesson plans and books to mark too.

I don't know if it's necessarily harder... obviously your timetable increases which takes away the free time from your day and therefore more marking, but... you won't have more to plan - remember, you can repeat lessons! That has saved me on my PGCE because I've been able to plan and resource a lesson from one class, have a think about what went well and what didn't go so well and then spend 10-15 minutes changing it.

You also won't have the university assignments - no learning journal, no assessments etc.

You'll have full control of your classes and you can really come into your own as a teacher.
1 week till half term guys! We can do this!

Also, what are people getting as end of placement gifts?

I've absolutely adored my school so I want to get some gifts for the staffroom (Cakes/chocolates etc) and I also want to get something for the two teachers that I've worked with the most. But I'm stumped - I feel like I've really connected on a personal level with them and I don't want to just get the bog standard chocs.

They're both male and one of them doesn't drink...
Only 4 days of school experience for me. Really looking forward to the NQT year, but even moreso to the time to just go to university and be a student again.
Original post by Samus2
I don't know if it's necessarily harder... obviously your timetable increases which takes away the free time from your day and therefore more marking, but... you won't have more to plan - remember, you can repeat lessons! That has saved me on my PGCE because I've been able to plan and resource a lesson from one class, have a think about what went well and what didn't go so well and then spend 10-15 minutes changing it.

You also won't have the university assignments - no learning journal, no assessments etc.

You'll have full control of your classes and you can really come into your own as a teacher.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind

Just tired now and running on empty. 1 more week to half term.
Reply 6387
5 days to go :h: :u:

"What's your name?" ... "You're very pretty"

N'awww - nice people do exist in this school.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Airfairy
Anyone have any idea for three prizes for my year 7s that isn't chocolate/sweets? I have done a points thing since I started with them and I said the top three would get a prize but I've no idea what. I guess I could go with food but it seems boring. Maybe not to them :lol: .

You could go with more unusual sweets / chocolate. One of those huge chuppa chups lollies filled with lollies. Toys R Us had marshmallow lollies for £1 when I was there last week (the easter stock that needed selling). Chocolate shaped like a bear etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samus2
1 week till half term guys! We can do this!

Also, what are people getting as end of placement gifts?

I've absolutely adored my school so I want to get some gifts for the staffroom (Cakes/chocolates etc) and I also want to get something for the two teachers that I've worked with the most. But I'm stumped - I feel like I've really connected on a personal level with them and I don't want to just get the bog standard chocs.

They're both male and one of them doesn't drink...

An itunes / highstreet voucher? Plant? Book of teacher quotes ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mentor has been asked for a reference from a school that hasn't contacted me yet :biggrin:

Just hoping the interview is Thursday so I still have the other one on Friday. I also have another application in that I know is interviewing on Friday for certain. Fingers crossed that I have a job by the end of the week!

Doing very well on the application to interview rate.
Original post by Red Lightning

I would honestly think it's easier. :smile:
You have more experience, you can reuse the stuff which you prepared in the PGCE and generally you have more control over your life.
It's still tough but it's manageable.
However, that's coming from a student on a SD course; so I stayed at the school till the very end of the year.
On the other hand, pretty similar comments come from my fellow NQT, who did do the PGCE.
So there you have it - don't be nervous. After all, a job is just a job - don't let it overtake your whole life. :smile:
How are people finishing teaching placements now? Mine doesn't end until the start of July haha!
Can I just check...am I the only one who plans better lessons when I'm being observed?

Sounds awful when I type it out but I do. Just wondered if it's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I just check...am I the only one who plans better lessons when I'm being observed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been told a few times to do the all singing, all dancing lesson for observations but I'd rather do something secure rather than fancy because I'm a nervous Nancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I planned every lesson like I planned for an observation lesson, I can assure you 100% I would no longer be alive.
I am getting lazier with my non-observed lessons. I only type out a proper lesson plan for those (once a week) and for all my other lessons I fill in the 'five minute lesson plan' by hand, where as when I started I typed up every single lesson plan properly.
Had a brilliant observation from uni. Feeling so much better now and not like a complete failure :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Guys, I have an external examiner coming in to see me and they want to see my teaching file. I don't have a teaching file. What should be in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lesson plans, evidence that you are meeting standards and school context information (policies etc). I had an internal examiner visit too. They are more interested in how the course is run.

Guys, I have an external examiner coming in to see me and they want to see my teaching file. I don't have a teaching file. What should be in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending