Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Wrong there sir, Liverpool fans are the easiest to wind up by a mile!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is a never ending cycle of no you suck, nah you do. Just leave it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you'se think of Seamus Coleman as a signing. No rumours or anything of course but a player I always felt underrated, and of all the clubs to go to it would probably be Arsenal who could do with him the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    What do you'se think of Seamus Coleman as a signing. No rumours or anything of course but a player I always felt underrated, and of all the clubs to go to it would probably be Arsenal who could do with him the most.
    If Sagna was to go, then possibly. But with Sagna and Jenks here, no need for him. But he is certainly a very decent player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Good. Spurs could had done some serious damage with a 100m war chest. Bale is one major injury from losing his pace thus his game. Only thing that worries me is if they get soldado as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bale won't lose his whole game, you're thinking of theo walcott, Bale no longer just kicks and rush it like valencia, he's able to play between the lines as in a floating role and his left foot has great technique, probably similar to ronaldo, only things he can't do that ronaldo can do is play with his other foot equally and he doesn't have as much flair(although ronaldo is a less flairy and more effective player at madrid) obviously ronaldo is better but I'm just saying that the two are comparable in playing style and effectiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Didn't ronaldo do the same thing, just means that he's leaving the next year since he has a year left. Real madrid already have bale. They know how to get these players. Unless spurs win the league or something next season bale is a madrid player.
    You might want to read the link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    You might want to read the link
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

ahh haa XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Quality little player, could definitely be a great squad player for us.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the press plugging these Fabregas to United stories so much!! Honestly the script reads like this

Moyes: Please

Cesc: No

Moyes: Pretty please!!!

Cesc: NO!

Where they get their constant info that Fabregas wants to move to Utd is beyond me. Maybe they heard it off Cesc's dog's best friend's owner who then told his hairdresser. Honestly the Daily Mail Sports section just makes me angry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Keep clutching on those straws

Isco and Illara in Thago's shadow :facepalm2: Did you even watch the tournament.
    Well he did outshine both of them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    Why is the press plugging these Fabregas to United stories so much!! Honestly the script reads like this

Moyes: Please

Cesc: No

Moyes: Pretty please!!!

Cesc: NO!

Where they get their constant info that Fabregas wants to move to Utd is beyond me. Maybe they heard it off Cesc's dog's best friend's owner who then told his hairdresser. Honestly the Daily Mail Sports section just makes me angry!
    It's getting ridiculous now.

It's clear Cesc is one of those loyal players to the clubs he loves and doesn't jump from club to club every season or two. He's said himself in interviews that if he were to leave Barcelona it would only be for Arsenal and that he could never play for any other English club other than Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sám)
    It's getting ridiculous now.

It's clear Cesc is one of those loyal players to the clubs he loves and doesn't jump from club to club every season or two. He's said himself in interviews that if he were to leave Barcelona it would only be for Arsenal and that he could never play for any other English club other than Arsenal.
    No point getting worked up hes not moving so :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    So if Madrid don't get Bale, then they will certainly get suarez. Then we are ****ed

ReputationRep:
    I really hope moves are being made behind the scenes for luiz gustavo. I know we've been linked, but only vaguely, and I think he'd be perfect for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)

ahh haa XD
    arsenal players have massive foreheads lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Well he did outshine both of them...
    No he didn't. All 3 were simply orgasmic during the tournament. Nothing separated them. Thiago getting an hat trick in the final just made it easy to give him player of the tournament and give him more accolades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Ok it's a double whammy for us if he has signed a new deal as spurs are getting stronger and Real Madrid will now look elsewhere ie Suarez for a transfer
    I take it you didn't click on the link in my post then? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    When you look at all the big names that City have attacking-wise then if they get anything less than 2nd it's going to be a massive shock, in my opinion. For jovetic, Negredo, Aguero, etc to all fail to perform would be surprising, very surprising. They still have people like Barry and Milner who manage to get on to their team sheet most weeks though so who knows. If United came 3rd I don't know why any sensible fan would be too harsh on Moyes, anyone who can't see this is the toughest job to take over from is an idiot. This season it's more important for him to gain the respect and loyalty of the team whilst implementing a certain style of play that makes people think "That's not Fergies team, that's Moyes' team". He needs to learn how to get the best out of players - that's something that he can do in my eyes, he's done it with many at Everton in the past. He needs to learn about managing the personalities of the squad and also managing fitness as he's not used to managing a team that plays CL games (apart from one time) on top of PL + cup games. For me, his most interesting challenge will be how he reacts to comments about him by other managers - Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger all were good at not getting pissed off or showing their cards too much when they were provoked so I wonder how Moyes will do.

I hope Chelsea stick with Lukaku but he's probably going out on loan. It would be great to see him thrown in as the main striker from a young age to get used to the pressure, clearly he's going to be incredible in the future and I would love to see him get used to the team around him as early as this season.

If Arsenal get Suarez, L.Bender and Williams as 4th choice CB (+maybe Bernard?) then they have an outside shot. Take into consideration how good our defence is and that Bac has looked brilliant so far in pre season and on paper we have a very good team then. Cazorla and Suarez in the same team would provide exceptionally entertaining football, that's undeniable.

I hope Martinez does well at Everton, he's done well to get Deofoleu on a season loan. I can't see him having any problems gaining the respect of the dressing room there.
    The Moyes haters are funny, season hasn't started. He hasn't made a great start transfer wise but you can't judge him much on that as you don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Looks like Lukaku will play a part but for me would like to see him steadily phased in, around a new striker with experience yet is quality like Soldado (not happening but something Chelsea could do with), whilst removing Torres/Ba from the side altogether as both are not good enough for top 3 to be getting the amount of games they would be getting.

Ashley Williams won't happen and i did never understand the link. He's club captain at Swansea and been excellent for us, and also signed a new contract last season. No reason for him to move to become 4th choice CB, he's too good for that, and his fee will be at least £8m which is frankly stupid for 4th choice CB.

I can't see Arsenal getting over 77 points which is outsider territory, but it would have to mean the top 3 underperforming, as those 3 should be getting 75+ easy. And to get 77 you need DM (e.g.Bender) and ST (e.g.Suarez), whilst strengthening other areas. Even then your squad is weaker than the top 3, maybe United apart but you would expect them to strengthen with 1-3 big signings yet).

Martinez will grow into the season, like Rodgers last year i imagine. Slow start, but will prove to be a good appointment i expect (and hope), as i really rate him from his spells at Swansea and Wigan where he has done wonders for both clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Most hate him because there were better alternatives and his track record at Everton is poor statistically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Most hate him because there were better alternatives and his track record at Everton is poor statistically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    '...hate him...'? I don't think anyone hates him but the non United fans just want him to fail so that they can get one back on them. Nobody can be certain how good or bad his gonna do not even the United fans.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.