Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I'm quietly confident about this group. Turkish teams don't travel well, we have a decent record against Dortmund and they aren't the same team without Lewa,and Anderlecht may be a new one for us but I'd expect us to get the job done. Hopefully we top the group.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't underestimate Dortmund they were never a one man team like we were with robin. Gundogan can easily score against us as can reus and you're also forgetting they have one of the best cb atm in hummels. Their biggest asset however is Klopp even with a mediocre team he would still find a way to get results against most teams in that his tactics are normally spot on and he can read the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I may be mistaken but at this stage you still can't come up against teams from your country right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Country protection happens at Ro16 as well, but is removed after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    cant wait to start chaps
    the gawd loves champions league

ReputationRep:
    Don't underestimate Dortmund they were never a one man team like we were with robin. Gundogan can easily score against us as can reus and you're also forgetting they have one of the best cb atm in hummels. Their biggest asset however is Klopp even with a mediocre team he would still find a way to get results against most teams in that his tactics are normally spot on and he can read the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't. My point is, they don't look as good as they did before. I'm more confident about us being closer to them than we were last year and you have to remember all that separated us and them last season was goal difference when it came to topping the group was goal difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An away draw to Dortmund and a home win is all we need to top the group.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't. My point is, they don't look as good as they did before. I'm more confident about us being closer to them than we were last year and you have to remember all that separated us and them last season was goal difference when it came to topping the group was goal difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iirc they had quite a few injuries last season and its easy to get arsenal riled up all it takes is a lot of pressing from opposition team players. Klopp knows how to set up against us only reason we got a result there was because we sat back and defended if we tried to play our game at their ground we would of easily lost. I think for our style of play to work we need to be aggressive in winning the ball back not backing off the opposition nd letting them play. Getting a big dm won't really stop us getting figured by the top teams its all about the tactics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So because in true Arsenal fashion we will finish 2nd we play the winners of Group C right? Group C is kind of calm, anyone's group, very hipster!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish.

CL last 16 is a random draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You'll beat Anderlecht home and away, and Galatasaray at home is also a likely win because Turkish teams are **** when they play away. That alone is 9 points, so take something in Turkey or from the 2 Dortmund games and you're fine. Nothing to worry about.
    Galatasaray could surprise a few people I think, last year they were in a group with Madrid and Juventus and qualified by getting a draw in Turin and dumping the Italians out in Istanbul on the last day. The year before they were nearly out after 3 games and then won in Cluj and Braga and beat United at home. It's not a clear cut deal with Arsenal and Dortmund going through by any means, but it'll be two from that three.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao loan deal available for 20m euros apparently. Reported that he's also willing to half his wages. At this point he'd seen perfect for us for one season imo.... Not gonna happen though

ReputationRep:
    Well looks like any chance of us getting Sokratis or Reus has gone. Shambles, should have sorted this all out before Vermaelen went. We need 3 players before deadline day - striker (winger if Alexis is the striker), defensive mid and centre back. If we don't, battle for the top four.

Is this Rabiot guy any good?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't underestimate Basel they beat Man Utd and Chelsea in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basle beat the Chavs home and away last year. I can see the Mickey Mousers slipping up at that Bulgarian team.

ReputationRep:
    Rabiot is a very good prospect as far as I've heard. But it just seems like he's another B2B midfielder, so what's the point when we have Jack and Ramsey who are both very young?
    I remember Ornstein saying that the CM we sign won't be a major name, but a squad player (Rabiot at 19 not exactly going to demand 1st team football/starting). I'm hearing his mum(agent) is unhappy with him staying at PSG anyway. Rabiot not a bad signing but do we really need him? I wouldn't say so.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain would be a dream signing. Anyone know Napoli's financial situation? Also he would NOT be cup tied. However it'd rely on Wenger admitting he was wrong for dilly dallying last summer.

ReputationRep:
    This team would be League challengers:

Szc
    Debuchy Kos Mertesacker Gibbs
    New DM Ramsey
    Alexis Ozil Theo
    Higuain

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Nacho, Arteta, Santi, Wilshere, Giroud

Frightening team. Likes of Ox, Joel, Diaby and Flamini don't even get in the team. And that is without get a CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    This team would be League challengers:

Szc
    Debuchy Kos Mertesacker Gibbs
    New DM Ramsey
    Alexis Ozil Theo
    Higuain

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Nacho, Arteta, Santi, Wilshere, Giroud

Frightening team. Likes of Ox, Joel, Diaby and Flamini don't even get in the team. And that is without get a CB.
    Who as new DM out of interest?

Would take Song back in an instant.

Put in Ox for arteta imo on bench plus Wilshere should start, he was immense lalst night I really don't understand the stick he's been getting recently :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Who as new DM out of interest?

Would take Song back in an instant.

Put in Ox for arteta imo on bench plus Wilshere should start, he was immense lalst night I really don't understand the stick he's been getting recently :rolleyes:
    William Carvalho?

Wilshere's a quality player, I don't hate him.

In other news we've apparently been offered Falcao on loan for 20m Euros.

ReputationRep:
    Lel at u lot wanting song back and thinking higuain is a top top striker just lel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    William Carvalho?

Wilshere's a quality player, I don't hate him.

In other news we've apparently been offered Falcao on loan for 20m Euros.
    I heard that too, if it is £20mil I'd rather we didn't go for him tbh.

Any developments on Reus or Khedira, thought they might spark up a bit now champions league is gaarunteed

ReputationRep:
    Lel at u lot wanting song back and thinking higuain is a top top striker just lel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why wouldn't you want Song? Better than Arteta and Flam and Diaby... lel

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.