Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz91)
    As Mentioned the muslims in our community would not want islam to change at all.

We would like muslims to follow islam to such an extent that we are the complete example. To show the non muslims and the non practicing muslims, what islam really is and not what you see in the media. The islam allah and the prophet sallallahu alaihi wasalam taught us.
    May allah succeed us in this mission.
    Ameen.

just ignore him bro..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

We would like muslims to follow islam to such an extent that we are the complete example. To show the non muslims and the non practicing muslims, what islam really is and not what you see in the media.
    why exactly do you think that people would be attracted by this "real Islam" ?

ReputationRep:
    وَقُل لِّلَّذِينَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ اعْمَلُوا عَلَىٰ مَكَانَتِكُمْ إِنَّا عَامِلُونَ

And say to those who do not believe, "Work according to your position; indeed, we are working.

وَانتَظِرُوا إِنَّا مُنتَظِرُونَ

And wait, indeed, we are waiting."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    Erm well that depends what kind of person an individual is. may God bless you and your hate filled comment

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    Ameen.

just ignore him bro..
    Lol Jazakallah. Will do

ReputationRep:
    Erm well that depends what kind of person an individual is. may God bless you and your hate filled comment
    hate ? where, exactly in my comment ?

not being attracted by Islam is synonymous with hate ? interesting

ReputationRep:
    Question: Do I come across as being really serious on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Lol. You do sometimes but it's cool. There are times for being srs and times for being chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Lol. You do sometimes but it's cool. There are times for being srs and times for being chill.
    :yy:

Great answer :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Yes you do. You scare me loool.

Jk.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think "real Islam" is?

ReputationRep:
    hate ? where, exactly in my comment ?

not being attracted by Islam is lsynonymous with hate ? interesting
    My bad god bless you and your love filled comment. my opinion is that your comment came across as hate filled. If that is not the case then no worries have a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    What do you think "real Islam" is?
    this is a good question, but it would of course imply a long discussion

in a nutshell, I don't think there is a "real Islam", since most everyone seems to interpret it in a different way, and you have very, very widely diverging approaches to it

ReputationRep:
    this is a good question, but it would of course imply a long discussion

in a nutshell, I don't think there is a "real Islam", since most everyone seems to interpret it in a different way, and you have very, very widely diverging approaches to it
    So there is a chance someone still might find Islam attractive based on their interpretation and their personal values right?

ReputationRep:
    The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) used to seek refuge in Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He) from laziness that he used to mention it daily in this dua: “O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.” [Sahih Bukhari]

The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is better for anyone of you to take a rope and cut the wood (from the forest) and carry it over his back and sell it (as a means of earning his living) rather than to ask a person for something and that person may give him or not.” [Sahih Bukhari]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As Mentioned the muslims in our community would not want islam to change at all.

We would like muslims to follow islam to such an extent that we are the complete example. To show the non muslims and the non practicing muslims, what islam really is and not what you see in the media. The islam allah and the prophet sallallahu alaihi wasalam taught us.
    May allah succeed us in this mission.
    The media NEVER report on what islam is,does,teaches,causes or allows….so regarding 'example' would you like muslims to EMULATE mohammed???? Before you answer, think carefully given 'actual' history of islam and what went on back then - would you???
    '

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.