The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Oh wow... I watched the first half, then went off to do other stuff but I was still following the score. The closer it got to 90mins the more I expected for a last minute penalty, and godamnit it was bound to happen just like I thought!

Academica nearly did it again, but still... you've dropped two points straight away, now hopefully we can win tomorrow and it'll be 1 point between you and us (benfica/braga)...
First half was awful. I turned it off at 80 minutes to carry on doing my assignment as i was getting more annoyed with the game as the time went on, ha. After seeing the clip on youtube though i think we were given quite a soft pen... again. His arm was up though but it was harsh as he had no idea about it and was just jumping. The sooner Emanuel becomes our manager the better, so much for giving us the 3 points!

And of course we dropped points... it was never going to be an easy ride, I am still expecting more ups and downs. What are the odds on Braga coming along and winning the league? Haha, they're going completely the right way about it! It'd be quite funny really.
aa22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
First half was awful. I turned it off at 80 minutes to carry on doing my assignment as i was getting more annoyed with the game as the time went on, ha. After seeing the clip on youtube though i think we were given quite a soft pen... again. His arm was up though but it was harsh as he had no idea about it and was just jumping. The sooner Emanuel becomes our manager the better, so much for giving us the 3 points!

And of course we dropped points... it was never going to be an easy ride, I am still expecting more ups and downs. What are the odds on Braga coming along and winning the league? Haha, they're going completely the right way about it! It'd be quite funny really.
Have to admit I expected you to win easy tonight with Pedro's help... very surprised at how professional he has been... he's different to the Domingos when he was at Braga..

Gahh, don't even mention Braga winning it. We have to win this season! If we let Porto win this, then it just means that any old "Vitor Pereira" level of manager can come along and walk over us to win the league!

We were having such a great season, it would be a massive disappointment to not win the league, especially if we lost it to a bad Porto side. And I would be upset if Braga won it, BUT in that case I we would have to get second place... lol, don't want to go through qualifiers in the CL again..
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by simoncino)
Anyone else see Ranieri crying on the sidelines yesterday as Inter finally won a match?
Inter are so air lol, well, no CL for them, and it'll just get harder as there's now only 3 spots with the roma project and if napoli hold onto their best players. Juve and milan are too strong to be considered as 3rd place strugglers tbh. I reckon lazio can only go so far while the rest will improve(i.e. the tottenham of the serie A), same for udinese as they'll just have to sell their key players. When di natale retires, udinese are screwed. Lazio got a good coup with klose too.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Juve keep getting closer and closer but it just won't go in for them... surely they'll score soon, they've been so unlucky so far.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Have to admit I expected you to win easy tonight with Pedro's help... very surprised at how professional he has been... he's different to the Domingos when he was at Braga..

Gahh, don't even mention Braga winning it. We have to win this season! If we let Porto win this, then it just means that any old "Vitor Pereira" level of manager can come along and walk over us to win the league!

We were having such a great season, it would be a massive disappointment to not win the league, especially if we lost it to a bad Porto side. And I would be upset if Braga won it, BUT in that case I we would have to get second place... lol, don't want to go through qualifiers in the CL again..
He's got a job to do with Academica i guess and show what he can do... Of course he's got to remain professional about it though regardless of who he is playing. I think for as long as Pedro is the manager, Academica will continue to cause us problems. The sooner he leaves and becomes our manager the better! :cool:

Ha, i'm not actually sure what would be funnier, VP holding the taca or Braga coming along to steal it. Obviously i want us to win but it will be a miracle for that man to win something! He doesn't actually deserve it... we don't deserve it. If we do win it do you think PdC will keep him? Considering how much Porto fans have got on his back, i think PdC will get rid even if we do win the Liga this season. Funny old season.

Settle for 2nd.. i'm fine with that!
rainbow_kisses
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
According to TSR only Barca get decisions, which is the key reason for their success :blah:
HAHA you're right, Barca never ever get their fair share of decisions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LuOwnEn48
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rainbow_kisses)
HAHA you're right, Barca never ever get their fair share of decisions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LuOwnEn48
Nice cherry picking there. The referees have helped Madrid this season in so many games. Betis should have had 2 penalties last night.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Juve seem determined to throw away the league now. Still unbeaten, but they've drawn four in a row now and 6 draws in their last 7 games. Milan are now 4 points clear with a much easier final run.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Juve seem determined to throw away the league now. Still unbeaten, but they've drawn four in a row now and 6 draws in their last 7 games. Milan are now 4 points clear with a much easier final run.
Agreed, Milan also have alot of people coming back from injury too. Juve are a work in progress though so I can see them just getting better every season tbh.
rainbow_kisses
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Nice cherry picking there. The referees have helped Madrid this season in so many games. Betis should have had 2 penalties last night.
You're deluded, each side gets there own fair share of decisions.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Agreed, Milan also have alot of people coming back from injury too. Juve are a work in progress though so I can see them just getting better every season tbh.
Yeah, I think Juve have had a very successful season regardless of what happens. As long as they finish top two (which I still think they will) and put up a decent challenge to Milan, they can look back on the season positively.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rainbow_kisses)
You're deluded, each side gets there own fair share of decisions.
You clearly haven't been watching Madrid this season.
justinawe
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Disgraceful. Madrid getting the decisions for them again. Clear penalty and red card for handball by Ramos not given.
What? The ball clearly hit his thigh first and then bounced off his chest, there was no handball at all.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by justinawe)
What? The ball clearly hit his thigh first and then bounced off his chest, there was no handball at all.
No it didn't. It hit his forearm.
rainbow_kisses
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Who cares? Fact is Barca are way behind Madrid.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
It's debatable tbh. Looks to me like it hits his thigh and then rolls over his chest.

jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Messi got his 50th goal today.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
He's got a job to do with Academica i guess and show what he can do... Of course he's got to remain professional about it though regardless of who he is playing. I think for as long as Pedro is the manager, Academica will continue to cause us problems. The sooner he leaves and becomes our manager the better! :cool:

Ha, i'm not actually sure what would be funnier, VP holding the taca or Braga coming along to steal it. Obviously i want us to win but it will be a miracle for that man to win something! He doesn't actually deserve it... we don't deserve it. If we do win it do you think PdC will keep him? Considering how much Porto fans have got on his back, i think PdC will get rid even if we do win the Liga this season. Funny old season.

Settle for 2nd.. i'm fine with that!
Oh yes, PdC will definitely get rid of VP at the end of the season. He has a much better choice pool now with Domingos/Emmanuel/Jardim and even if you win the league, he'll just blame the poor European run.
Karma Charger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who do you reckon will win the Champions League?
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Karma Charger)
Who do you reckon will win the Champions League?
Barca obviously... The only team good enough on paper to beat them is Real Madrid, but they cant.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed