Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
timeandacrayon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I just break into this thread and say I now own a FEZ I dont think I have ever been so happy!
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The five biggest mysteries in the new Doctor Who - SPOILER ALERT

Although actually some of them aren't really mysteries.
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
JessicaW
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timeandacrayon)
Can I just break into this thread and say I now own a FEZ I dont think I have ever been so happy!
Me too. I wear it every Saturday when Doctor Who airs.

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
That is so cool.
timeandacrayon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JessicaW)
Me too. I wear it every Saturday when Doctor Who airs.
This is my new habit!
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doctor Who GIF's
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

ForensicGeek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sorani)
I hope you're just refering to the Children of Earth and Miracle Day, since Torchwood's idea of a darker, mature show was to have an alien that literally had sex with everyone it ran into and then fed off their orgasms. I mean, that's a high-school boy's idea of 'adult'.

I like Rory, he's so devoted to his wife and I think having a married couple means we don't have to put up with the moon-eyed girl pining over the Doctor and acting like everything he does is wonderous (this is also the reason I liked Catherine Tate). He seems more genuine than a lot of the other characters do.
I'm referring to the newer stuff but some of the old stuff is good to.
However the latest episode of doctor who was really interesting so maybe my faith will be restored this season.
Flugtag
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does this mean kovarians plan of using melody/river song to try and kill the doctor has failed epically so easily??
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Flugtag)
does this mean kovarians plan of using melody/river song to try and kill the doctor has failed epically so easily??
That`s what Rory asked at the end. "Has all the brainwashed stuff left her head now?" We got no answer, we will hopefully find out the next time we see river or probaly at least by the finale.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Remember - Eyepatch River.
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)

It's pretty similar to Amy also not having parents/Aunt Sharon because they were swallowed by the crack.
You have to remember now that we're on series 6, Amy has had parents her entire life, they never didn't exist.
Jonesdawiz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was the biggest Doctor who fan ever, I was 9-10 and from Series 1-4 I watched every single episode when aired on a Saturday. Perhaps It's because I'm outgrowing Doctor Who but I believe the writing isn't as good for me - mainly because it's less relatable and I think that's because RTD understands society alot more. I liked seeing the Doctor save Earth, I liked seeing him drop Jack off and I liked recognising Cardiff - my home city.

Until last episode I felt as if he'd shrugged off his past, and then I saw three of his old companions <3 I'd love a revisit from one of them, or Jack at some point.

I just think Doctor Who isn't as relevant, and it's aimed mostly towards children. I suppose I want to stay in the era of Tennant - and Jack and that's why I favour Torchwood.
Gia_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a dream I invited Rory back to my room the other night...:teehee:

I don't think I'll ever see him in the same way again on saturday nights!
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
You have to remember now that we're on series 6, Amy has had parents her entire life, they never didn't exist.
I said it was a similar backstory.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She was probably adopted/put in to foster care.
Presidential
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dont really mind rory, i just think things are getting crowded. I prefer just the doctor and one extra lol.
username616640
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
rory is my favourite! (rather have him on the show than amy) but they need to stop killing him! he has cheated death way too many times..
loveitxsl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also agree Matt Smith is a better actor than David Tennant, who in my opinion was, at best, quite average. Matt Smith has more range and a far better grasp of the Doctor's character. I tuned out of Dr Who during RTD reign because of the boring storylines. I am in love with what Moffat has done with the show, it's amazing.

Rory is awesome - I love that we have a different set-up in the show with Rory and Amy. I mean, how many times can you do unrequited love for the Doctor?

FACT: You can't get rid of Rory Williams. The universe tried to erase Rory Williams. It exploded.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (99)
40.41%
No - but I will (12)
4.9%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.53%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (118)
48.16%

Watched Threads