Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Most hate him because there were better alternatives and his track record at Everton is poor statistically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I honestly think most people hate him because he's not European and not charismatic

ReputationRep:
    People dont hate Moyes, they hate Utd.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate moyes but I do find him annoying and kind of unpleasant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I don't hate moyes but I do find him annoying and kind of unpleasant
    What was that about Arsenal's transfer policy?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have the 5th best squad in the league, agreed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Complete BS. Koscielny, Gibbs/Monreal, Mertesacker, Podolski, Wilshere, Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, AOC, Giroud, Walcott would easily get into the Spurs team and whilst they can call on the likes of Huddlestone from the bench, we have the likes of Rosicky/Podolski.

I dont even consider the Utd squad to be that far ahead of Arsenal.

And we havent bought anyone yet, and we will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    What was that about Arsenal's transfer policy?
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Complete BS. Koscielny, Gibbs/Monreal, Mertesacker, Podolski, Wilshere, Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, AOC, Giroud, Walcott would easily get into the Spurs team and whilst they can call on the likes of Huddlestone from the bench, we have the likes of Rosicky/Podolski.
    You finished 1 point ahead of them, they've strengthened well, you haven't at all.

I dont even consider the Utd squad to be that far ahead of Arsenal.
    Don't be silly. First 11, maybe, squad, no way.

And we havent bought anyone yet, and we will.
    Yeah obviously we're nowhere near the final squads, but i'm talking as it stands.

ReputationRep:
    They've been saying that every season this decade. We all know what will happen come May.

ReputationRep:
    You finished 1 point ahead of them, they've strengthened well, you haven't at all.

Don't be silly. First 11, maybe, squad, no way.

Yeah obviously we're nowhere near the final squads, but i'm talking as it stands.

Okay wot amazing squad players do spurs hav that gives them a better squad than us
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Are you forgetting that Dawson was gunna be a QPR player but rejected the money move and stayed and fought for his position. easily the first name on the spurs team sheet. sagna has had too many mistakes.. not the player he was 3 seasons ago
    Sorry what?

ReputationRep:
    current first team yes not squad, but hopefully we sign a few players to change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    They've been saying that every season this decade. We all know what will happen come May.
    Tbfh people have been under rating the Man Utd side for a few years now, talking about how it's not good enough but they have continuously proved a lot of people wrong.

I'd say that Arsenal's squad is a bit better than Spurs but Arsenal suffer more injuries. Likewise I imagine Spurs won't take the EL so seriously whereas Arsenal will have to take the CL seriously.

All in all, it means that the two clubs aren't too far apart come May.

2009/2010 - 5 point gap (Spurs finished 4th above Man City)
    2010/2011 - 6 point gap
    2011/2012 - 1 point gap (same GD)
    2012/2013 - 1 point gap (with Arsenal +15 in GD)

I expect the clubs to finish around within 5 points of each other again.

Form of a couple of players, injuries to a couple of key players and the derbies could decide who finishes on top tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Tbfh people have been under rating the Man Utd side for a few years now, talking about how it's not good enough but they have continuously proved a lot of people wrong.

I'd say that Arsenal's squad is a bit better than Spurs but Arsenal suffer more injuries. Likewise I imagine Spurs won't take the EL so seriously whereas Arsenal will have to take the CL seriously.

All in all, it means that the two clubs aren't too far apart come May.

2009/2010 - 5 point gap (Spurs finished 4th above Man City)
    2010/2011 - 6 point gap
    2011/2012 - 1 point gap (same GD)
    2012/2013 - 1 point gap (with Arsenal +15 in GD)

I expect the clubs to finish around within 5 points of each other again.

Form of a couple of players, injuries to a couple of key players and the derbies could decide who finishes on top tbh..
    No the ManU players are pretty crap in all honesty for a team that is consistently winning the league, the only reason they kept winning it was due to the mentality of winning and how they played as a team not how good they were individually, most of that was down to Alex Ferguson. But he is gone now thats why so many think United won't be as good this season

ReputationRep:
    Sorry what?
    Dawson the most consistent spurs player is the first name on the spurs team sheet, hence him being captain... just like most clubs. exception being arsenal, all arsenal captains since vieira have been cursed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    No the ManU players are pretty crap in all honesty for a team that is consistently winning the league, the only reason they kept winning it was due to the mentality of winning and how they played as a team not how good they were individually, most of that was down to Alex Ferguson. But he is gone now thats why so many think United won't be as good this season
    And the mentality of the players left the building with SAF? The squad at Man Utd will retain that for years to come with the old influencing the new.

We saw it at Chelsea after Mourinho left, you could still see his impact on the squad for a number of years after his departure.

Tbfh SAF was not on the pitch, it's the players who performed. I expect that the current Man Utd squad will function for at least a couple of years before you see it wane from a lack of SAF influence - by which point Moyes will have had more of a impact on the side.

Plenty of Man Utd players are great, it's just other fans don't rate them for whatever reason. The players obviously know how to do the job and win in an efficient manner, even if it isn't spectacular or always obvious.

SAF leaving might be the difference between winning the league with 90-95 points and coming 2nd/3rd with 80-88 points but there won't be a massive fall from grace immediately.

ReputationRep:
    We seriously need some signings, a long term injury to Santi and our season would effectively be finished. I'm normally quite optimistic but we relied so much on him last season, we'd have to grind without him more than at the tail end of last season.

Also, I don't see why we should be after a 4th choice CB. I'd rather just have a versatile player who can play as a CB and another position so we don't waste a squad space on someone who'd barely play. I feel Sagna would be perfect as he could just move to the centre and Jenkinson can play on the right with Bellerin beginning his move into first team too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reckon it's gonna be another crazy 31st August for us? I don't think it'll top 2011 but we are certainly heading for something similar.

Gervinho is set to move to Roma. I really hope Wenger buys a winger now. If only we had a Pires or Overmars again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The big danger is getting beaten in the CL qualifiers soon. Remember how close we were to losing against Udinese? I think that year Wenger felt we had a good enough team but realised after those two games and the UTD thumping. Is he thinking that again? Gosh, it's a real worry he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a joke this is a couple of weeks of the start of the season and we've spent no money on transfers.

To be honest it's not surprising I won't be updating my membership this season if we don't get a marquee signing.

My prediction is getting fobbed off with and old has been or some young fresh french man who Arsene can groom

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.