Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    If a club makes an official bid for Cesc and Barca want to sell. Barca then have to inform Arsenal of the official bid and then offer Cesc to Arsenal for the agreed upon price of £25M. If Arsenal pass up the opportunity to resign Cesc then he's fair game to other clubs and if a deal is made with another club besides Arsenal, Arsenal will get 50% of the profit Barca make. If Cesc is sold for £45M Arsenal get £7.5M

I'm pretty sure that's how it goes. Feel free to correct me if it's wrong

*Wenger also confirmed there are pro-Arsenal clauses in Fabregas' current contract. He said this in light of Utd bid for Cesc for last summmer.

“At the moment, Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona.

“We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert but at the moment that’s not something we’re after.”
    Until you show an official credible source the 'pro' Arsenal clause is probably..Arsenal must be informed before any deal can be finalised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Most likely Wenger himself.
    That's why "Wenger Knows" I suppose aha so I wouldn't be surprised if it were him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Until you show an official credible source the 'pro' Arsenal clause is probably..Arsenal must be informed before any deal can be finalised.
    I said Arsenal have first refusal not last refusal. If someone bids then Arsenal have to be informed and if we pass the chance up to resign him Barca can sell to who they want.

I'm not sure how people feel about the Telegraph but Jeremy Wilson is a very reliable journo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-contract.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Koke has a €60m release clause for all clubs including Barça. The story that Barça can get him for less because of Villa is a myth, no truth to that afaik.

And there are ~a million conflicting reports from reliable sources on Cesc, so most of the "news" are worth nothing.
    People were saying it about Oliviér Torres and Barca as well...

I highly doubt Koke will leave and he won't go to England the second Barca come in for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doppelgänger)
    Cheers for answering my question! Both answers combined are probably close to the truth I imagine. Whoever insisted on the "first refusal" clause being part of Cesc's sale to Barca is one clever negotiator with supreme foresight that's for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the time Barca thought they were getting a good deal and tbf they were, Cesc was worth alot more than £30m. Barca blindly agreed to the buy back clause because they thought he was going to be a Barca for life, Xavi's heir they called him.

imo I hopes he stays at Barca, he fought so hard of his dream and even though he's performed well at Barca they want him out. Cesc is worth £50M imo if he's sold for anything less it's criminal imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    People were saying it about Oliviér Torres and Barca as well...

I highly doubt Koke will leave and he won't go to England the second Barca come in for him.
    Yeah, but the Óliver rumours are wrong as well as far as I know. Barça got first refusal on two youth players in return for the Villa deal, but not on him or Koke. Would be a horrible piece of business for Atlético really

Koke is probably the most committed player Atlético have, would surprise me if he could be tempted to leave, for Barça or anywhere else. No chance I think. Same goes for Óliver. Especially since both renewed this season and had their release clauses increased considerably.

ReputationRep:
    imo I hopes he stays at Barca, he fought so hard of his dream and even though he's performed well at Barca they want him out. Cesc is worth £50M imo if he's sold for anything less it's criminal imo
    Tbh I hope he's sold to the first team that offers him for a lower price.

He disrespected you guys, allowed the whole Barca team to take you for mugs and now nobody cares about him at Barca properly and he's undervalued. That's what he gets for being a prick, worst thing was how he did it on the sly.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I hope he's sold to the first team that offers him for a lower price.

He disrespected you guys, allowed the whole Barca team to take you for mugs and now nobody cares about him at Barca properly and he's undervalued. That's what he gets for being a prick, worst thing was how he did it on the sly.
    A bit harsh, who else wouldn't force a move to the best team in the world who also just so happens to be your boyhood club. Football is a very fickle game How many Liverpool fans wanted Saurez to rot in the reserves until they got a higher fee? If he puts in good performance for Arsenal no will care about his betrayal.

No one ever says anything thing about Henry or Vieira when they left top fulfil their own ambition

ReputationRep:
    A bit harsh, who else wouldn't force a move to the best team in the world who also just so happens to be your boyhood club. Football is a very fickle game How many Liverpool fans wanted Saurez to rot in the reserves until they got a higher fee? If he puts in good performance for Arsenal no will care about his betrayal.

No one ever says anything thing about Henry or Vieira when they left top fulfil their own ambition
    Did Henry go on strike? Did Viera go on strike and then get the whole squad to talk about your player and undermine the opinions and any power that the manager that has worked so hard to make you the player you are today has?

I don't care about Fabregas tbh as he's not my player, but if there was justice in football, people who betray their clubs and show an utmost form of disrespect like Fabregas did, seeing as Xavi was saying how he misses home and allowed them to disrespect the club who essentially gave him a career, because he wouldn't have had the career he's currently had when Iniesta and co are doing so well. He didn't even dismiss the comments or say that it was true, he just let it happen. Let a club walk all over his former club because he was too much of a coward to say that he didn't want to stay at Arsenal himself.

He's a grade A prick and did it so slyly that Arsenal fans haven't realised what he did. The guy went on strike, that's surely enough to show how much of a prick he is. I'd rather do a Nasri, go and say what I really think, which he had a point at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Did Henry go on strike? Did Viera go on strike and then get the whole squad to talk about your player and undermine the opinions and any power that the manager that has worked so hard to make you the player you are today has?

I don't care about Fabregas tbh as he's not my player, but if there was justice in football, people who betray their clubs and show an utmost form of disrespect like Fabregas did, seeing as Xavi was saying how he misses home and allowed them to disrespect the club who essentially gave him a career, because he wouldn't have had the career he's currently had when Iniesta and co are doing so well. He didn't even dismiss the comments or say that it was true, he just let it happen. Let a club walk all over his former club because he was too much of a coward to say that he didn't want to stay at Arsenal himself.

He's a grade A prick and did it so slyly that Arsenal fans haven't realised what he did. The guy went on strike, that's surely enough to show how much of a prick he is. I'd rather do a Nasri, go and say what I really think, which he had a point at the time.
    I've never actually seen a shred of evidence to suggest he went on strike, can you show me some?

ReputationRep:

Vieira was Wenger's decision... we could have easily had him for another 2-3 years but Wenger thought it would stagnate Cesc's development so he offloaded him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I've never actually seen a shred of evidence to suggest he went on strike, can you show me some?
    Was on this thread in fact, it was at an AST meeting with one of the owners apparently...

ReputationRep:
    At the time Barca thought they were getting a good deal and tbf they were, Cesc was worth alot more than £30m. Barca blindly agreed to the buy back clause because they thought he was going to be a Barca for life, Xavi's heir they called him.

If Barca want him out as you say, then it is not in Cesc's best interests to fight for his place in a hostile environment and so you shouldn't hope he stays. Also, as long as Barca recoup most, if not more, of the money they paid for his services then I'm sure they won't lose sleep over him leaving and Cesc most likely will not care too much whether his value has appreciated or depreciated during his time at Barca. I forsee no criminal acts aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas left Spain camp, met with Mourinho, agreed deal, CFC just need to negotiate deal with Barca now...

I should be a twitter 'agent' tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Fabregas left Spain camp, met with Mourinho, agreed deal, CFC just need to negotiate deal with Barca now...

I should be a twitter 'agent' tbf.
    Lol they've flown to America to play a friendly, why would Fabregas fly back all the way to London. Yesterday he had agreed a deal with Man City zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lol they've flown to America to play a friendly, why would Fabregas fly back all the way to London.
    It's weird that it's very possible that the CFC deal will happen. I wonder how you guys would react.

It shouldn't really affect you, as you don't need him.... and passed up the opportunity to buy him.

ReputationRep:
    reliable sources everywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    reliable sources everywhere
    Bunch of Superagents who think they're Oracles who know more than players' actual Agents themselves smh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Listen, the only way Arsene would go for it is if somebody else bids, activating the clauses. But nobody else is gonna bid, cos they know that if they do, Arsene will activate the clauses and get him back on the cheap.

Therefore, our only option is for Arsene to full convince the entire world that he does NOT want Cesc back. But the entire world already knows what a bull****ter Arsene is so that's not likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Listen, the only way Arsene would go for it is if somebody else bids, activating the clauses. But nobody else is gonna bid, cos they know that if they do, Arsene will activate the clauses and get him back on the cheap.

Therefore, our only option is for Arsene to full convince the entire world that he does NOT want Cesc back. But the entire world already knows what a bull****ter Arsene is so that's not likely.
    never thought of it like that but lol.

can imagine wenger hintin all summer that he is willing to take cesc back then on the last day say he was never in his plans at all.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.